Insert standard subject

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jarinor, Jan 14, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

There I was, falling into the vortex...My life was consumed by it. The vivid colours swirled all around me, as light flashed before my eyes in technicolour, pixies injected fluids into my veins and rabbits tickled my feet.

I was lost, I didn't know what to do. Then, the mist gradually cleared, and the truth was revealed - fish don't depend on gravity, and the moon is NOT swiss cheese, it's jarlsberg with some meteors in it. The meteors are for the iron content, which everyone needs, but no one gets enough of.

Sugar was my lifeblood, and it dissipated in the flood of cleansing alcohol, restoring my sanity and the nails which I'd just clipped. I clipped them again, and watched as they fell, taking on a life of their own, cursing me for abandoning them and starting a religious war against me. They were crushed by the hairs falling from my head as they were cut in the barber shop. The barber did not give me a red and white striped lollipop like his sign advertised. It was green and red, and the world despaired at this turn of events. "I'm sorry," the barber said, but his apologies fell on ears deaf from the wailing and gnashing of teeth that the very earth itself spewed forth, like lava.

The lava burned my feet, and the rabbits. I was sad. The tears were a flood, washing away the hopes and dreams of entire nations that were contained within the palm of my hand. Their hopes and dreams floated up to heaven, where they were intercepted by the Celestial Star Fleet, and deported for not having the correct visa. They returned to me hand, where they were caught in my food and eaten by me. Their dreams mixed with my own, and I woke.

WoW login servers are down, so I'm back!

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    With a little training, you might make as much sense as Charles one day. :)

I swear, if I hear one more member drooling over the greatness of WoW then I'll buy it. I normally keep away from pay-per-month games like the plauge but since everyone who's playing it appears to be in a severe state of neglect for everyday life, which I aspire to...

Good to see you back, though. I almost feared we'd lost you to a tsunami or something.

3. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

WoW login servers are back up.

WoW = World of Warcraft. Incredibly addictive MMORPG. I didn't even KNOW about the tsunami till a few days after it had happened. I seriously walked in to work on the 29th and they're all talking about this tsunami and I had no fucking clue what they were talking about :D.

5. VerZreV

VerZreV New Member

WoW is actually pretty sad, as are most mmorpgs. At first you think, "hey, this seems like fun", untill you realise that you might as well be playing a single player game. The only thing that sets the two apart is the serverdowntime you get every hour. And the gigantic mass of stupid mofos who can't figure out what end of the sword to stab with. AND you pay for it, that's the worst part. All in all, as there is minimal story, comradeship, and nothing that even remotely makes me think "role-playing" it's hardly worth the dough (the FAT dough) So damn you Blizzard! For crapping up something which might had been a fun experience!! Damn you straight to hell!

6. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Get Anarchy Online! it's free if you register before the 16th I think!

7. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i do believe i'm sensing more than our standard level of unreasonable hatred from mister verZ... might i suggest prozac? or a stiff drink? or a gun to the head?

8. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    He's in grave need of a nice big shot o' Gammel Dansk, I believe.

9. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

Well, now you won't go out and buy it but maybe I can counter verZ and tell you it's worth $20AUS a month easily and addictive in a good way. Jar even got to live 4 more days without knowing the horror of the tsunami *cough*

10. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I play on a server that is good most of the time, but we've had 2 reboots today, and there seems to be mysterious lag issues at times. I suppose that's what I get for playing on a server that was online at release...

(Kel'Thuzad if any of you guys are on it, but you better not be filthy Horde on there)

11. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

By co-inckeedinck my friend is a war lock on that server I told him to kill a dwarf but I couldn't remeber your name so he told me to sit in a corner.

12. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

fish and i have glanced at WoW... so it's really all it's cracked up to be?

13. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I guarantee you will want separate accounts if you start playing. And 2 computers. Only the one net connection though, because Blizzard have written really efficient netcode, it uses hardly any bandwidth.

14. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

I hear there is no pking in WoW, somehow that sounds really lame.

15. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

hmmm... we may have to buy this game... after we make back some of the money we spent on christmas, of course...

16. VerZreV

VerZreV New Member

Oh, so now you "have" to buy it? Sheesh! But by all means, go ahead. Naturally, since I advise against it, it HAS to be good. I should get at job at Blizzard, badmouthing their games. That way, more people will be foo'ed into buying them.

And YES, I *am* angry, but that's mainly everybody else’s fault.

Now, back to the game. I have to say, even though it has good graphics, and the sound is crisp. It's just not good enough to deserve all this attention and money people spend on it. But I guess if people buy it, they won't hang around here that much. Hmm, come to think of it. Maybe people SHOULD buy it?

17. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

How's about you shut the fuck up now?

18. Chunky944

Chunky944 New Member

He hates WOW! Get him! *grabs pitchfork* BARGH!

19. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I'm rapidly coming to a conclusion about VerZreV.
    He needs to get laid immediately, before he does bodily harm to himself.
    Rosie's spoken for. Snowie will be if I can get down to Merryland (;)). And Canis is just too good for him. I think Retard is going to have to give you a pityfuck VerZ...

20. VerZreV

VerZreV New Member

No thanks Mr Gummi bear, I get plenty from my girlfriend, although it sounds like you've experienced Retard's "magic fingers" yourself?

Keep reaching for that rainbow! :D :thumbup:

Our Host!