in school

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joevual, Dec 5, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joevual

Joevual New Member

hey im in school are you in school? i sure do hate school do you hate school?
    bla bla bla... i like arcanum i think dark elves are better than any other race and that people should stick to the old ways... o well
    how the hell do i change this crappy ass railroad spike!!!!!!!!!! fuck it hey does any body know? tell me!!!!!!!!!!! bye

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Joevual on 2001-12-05 14:02 ]</font>

2. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Now everyone knows I'm pretty nice to newbies normally, but I have to ask, Joevual: What exactly did you edit to leave your post looking like that?

3. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

I saw it pre-edit. The "railroad spike" reference is new. I wondered who the first-responder would be. :smile:
    Do you want to answer his question?

4. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Well, it may have been that thing with Bryant the other day, or someone dropping something in my tea, but I'm not convinced this is a newbie. Or mayb it's just the phonemic qualities of the username.

Jeez, I'm getting paranoid. What's left when all the trust is gone? Oh yeah, this little 'mis'

Joevual, the railroad spike (which people call an avatar) will change to something more impressive when you have made more posts. This is supposed to encourage participation, but (depending on the type of person you are) it generally either:

• Encourages spamming of various forms (double posts, pointless threads, saying "Hi" a lot)
    • Makes you feel vaguely inadequate that you can't force yourself to post enough to get rid of the never-quite-satisfactory blunt instrument you have been saddled with

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Or to curse with a below-average avatar for posting too much :smile:.

Hmmm...makes me wonder whether his IP matches anyone else's here...

I never knew that little avatar was a railroad spike...it looks like a sword blade with no handle...kinda like a faded Journeyman avatar.

6. Quethim

Quethim New Member

i never knew that i was railroad spike either

7. FluffyLittleRabbit

FluffyLittleRabbit New Member

8. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

nah, can't be i haven't once'd rubbed my nipples wh...................... ah ummmm,..... nothing, nevermind

9. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I agree that it looks loke a broken blade. Anyway, for people that make useless threads or spam to hell, I will make special avatars, and ranks.

10. Calis

Calis Member

Jinxed,

We already have a "spammer" rank on the forum, actually. Just inform me when you have a candidate for it. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!