In a Pickle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jojobobo, Sep 18, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

My advice is to leave her. If that sounds too much like abandoning her, then I'll rephrase my advice and tell you to pursue yourself.

I do not know the particulars of your situation with this person and how difficult it would be to pack up and leave, but do it. What you have described is a terrible situation and there is no shame in improving your situation.

This may just be the anonymous, objective, Internet-goer in me, but we've been handed many details that do not change the situation.
    • She's bipolar. I don't care, leave her.
      I'm OCD. I don't care, leave her.
      I've destroyed things but will not hurt her because OCD people don't hurt people. I don't believe you, leave her.
      We're engaged. I don't care, leave her.
      She's getting new medicine. I don't care, leaver her.
    She treats you poorly and has sent you into violent rages that have ended destructively. I'm not convinced that this is as bad as it is going to get. Leave her before things get more heated.

If you really want to stick it out and see how the lithium improves matters; think again, don't do it, and leave her. If you don't take my advice to leave her, then the two of you need to attend couples counseling because both of you need skills with how to deal with each other before you eventually decide to leave her.

Also, I appreciate how you've reviewed your reactions to the advice others have given you and have said that maybe you are not looking for advice, but friendly ears to which to vent. That's fine, but others and I have given you free advice. Don't say we never gave you anything.

2. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

This story is strikingly similar to a few I read on a men's rights site; either on A Voice For Men or Shrink4Men, can't remember which.

In case you haven't noticed, you are being abused. No matter what she does, she will get away with it, but it takes one bad decision to land you in jail, no matter her role in it.

My advice is clear and simple, leave her. You have nothing to gain, everything to lose by staying with her. She might try to threaten with suicide, but it's only a bluff. She won't do it.

Do not even think about attending counseling or reporting anything serious she does. They will play the battered wife card and blame you, branding you abusive and whatnot. You do not want any of that shit. Just leave her.

It reminds me of the story of DarkFool (or was it Dark Elf?). His wife pushed him down the stairs, and the court branded him abusive.

Ah found it. Details were a little sketchy.

3. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

As much as you love her, and as much as she loves you, this won't end well. Part of being bi-polar is an inhibition of reservedness, meaning less thinking goes into conversations and actions. This can lead to unabashed arguments fueled by the person's very own brain chemistry, compulsive spending, and even promiscuous sexual behaviors (but I'm not suggesting all of these happen at the same time, and the last one isn't always a bad thing if she focuses on you).
    I dated a bi-polar Jew for one month (though she claimed to be athiest because of how her life turned out {"God wouldn't let this happen to me"} but insisted on the idea of heaven...kinda weird). Great sex (promiscuous sexual activity), abusive relationship. It got to the point that, during the end of that month, she would consistently argue with me while I was under the influence of Ambien. The only reason I know this is because I would forget to close my chat windows from AIM and she'd stay pissed at me because she wasn't able to wear me down. I would actually tell her I had taken ambien, and it was rather obvious when it started to take effect; rampant spelling errors, recalling fake memories, gibberish, and a frequent use of "lol". She'd then take this opportunity to bring up everything about me that pissed her off, get angry that I was laughing about it, and leave. She also regularly practiced mind-fucks; the one I most remember is how she said she loved me and wished she had met me before her husband, whom she had divorced some time before. She would later say, after I brought it up, that there's no way she could've said that, and after admitting the possibility, said she must've been under the influence of one of her medications. The side effects were never an issue after she decided it was better to openly insult me, though she would be oddly nice to me after a night of drinking.
    Also, she somehow spent $600 dollars within that month and blamed me for it. She actually found me on facebook a few months later and sent me a PM that started a nice conversation, eventually leading to "Oh, by the way, you still owe me $600 dollars from all I spent on you while we were dating." I should note that she said this in spite of claiming before that we never really dated, just hung out and fooled around. To add insult to injury, while we were still together I bought her a $60 dollar hookah near the end of that month to help smooth things over. Two days later she cut off all communication with me, until she found me on facebook and tried to get some money.
    She paid for gas I used to get to her house and drive her around in my cordoba, which probably adds up to around 60$ (or 15 gallons of gas), when all is said and done. With the cost of gas in 2008, it was considered common courtesy to give the person driving you around while you didn't have your own vehicle some money towards gas. Hell, people still do it today and gas is about 50 cents cheaper.

4. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

5. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

6. Smuelissim0

Smuelissim0 New Member

Is bipolar the new black or something? Sheesh.

7. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

8. Smuelissim0

Smuelissim0 New Member

9. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

10. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

Nope. The only thing crazier than bipolar chicks are colored chicks.

11. Smuelissim0

Smuelissim0 New Member

Attributes which are not mutually exclusive can be combined.

Maybe someone should try it...

12. Grossenschwamm

The way I was quoted makes it look like I used "bipolar" as her ethnicity. I get a feeling that when race is no longer an issue, people will instead refer to others as groups with psychiatric issues.
    "Hey, J-kob, you're a schizophrenic, right?"
    "...Yeah?"
    "So, you probably know Tsu-zan, cause she's a schizophrenic, too! You should totally get together."
    "I'm not even going to tell you how wrong that statement was."

13. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

If you dug through the archives, you'd find reference to several bipolar girls I dated, in addition to a bipolar best friend... Though idk if she has been spoken of here.

14. Smuelissim0

Smuelissim0 New Member

Are you sure you guys aren't all actually talking about bisexual women? That would make more... well, not sense, really, but... apparently there's a lot more of... you know... recently.

Uh...

What were we talking about again?

15. Grossenschwamm

The Jew I dated was bisexual and bipolar. So, if you have a thing for religious minorities that swing both ways (mentally and sexually), there you go.

16. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

17. Grossenschwamm

Did I say I don't do that? Does pointing that out give you a bigger penis? I don't see the practicality.

18. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I agree with Gross, the largeness of the penis kind of misses its point past the point of not fitting in a vagina.

19. Smuelissim0

Smuelissim0 New Member

Given that a baby can fit in a vagina, I think we all have a while to go before that's actually an issue.

Not that I've measured each and every one of you. It's more of an educated guess.

There I go... what? Are you going to set me up with her? If not, I don't see how your post helps me in any way.

20. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I don't overly enjoy my partner screaming in agony that she's being torn apart during intercourse, but everyone to his taste.

Our Host!