I'm the Juggernaut, Bitch!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Grossenschwamm, May 28, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

But even when he killed, he wasn't all that cruel, well except for in his first ever appearance, during which he throws a man into an acid tank and says 'A fitting end for his kind'.

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Yeah, I read that on one of my grandpa's "if you're going to touch them, wear gloves" collection. It makes him sound like a real prick. If the guy he threw in was black...well, I'm sure that would've ended Batman really quickly, or spawned a whole new Batman that does chores for minorities while wearing a costume.
    I remember just a few years ago in which Bruce had a replacement take his place, while wearing his robotic Bat-Suit. The guy was a stone-cold killer.
    Dr. Strange is the reason The Juggernaut ended up in Arcanum in my new background.
    "Using his other-worldly powers, and, not thinking of the consequences, Dr. Strange banished You to a previously "unknown" plane of existance, thought to be uninhabited except for a strange feeling of the natural trying to overcome the super-natural. You bring with yourself only what you were wearing when you were banished, but come under the employ of a smallish man who looks as though he is easy to break. Deciding you should probably get a little money before telling the world who you are, you accept the tiny man's offer only if you can take the cash up front. Now, you find yourself on a blimp traveling to a place called Arcanum, where your fortune and fearful followers await."

3. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I'm quite fond of the new Batman... yeah, I've been watching 'The Batman' religiously. I can't help myself! First I did it for Rino's voice, but now I watch it cause I actually enjoy it. God help me.

God, you people are making me realize how young I am. I never knew that Batman used a gun or tipped a dude into an acid vat!

4. Grossenschwamm

You're probably older than me, but, then again, I had no idea that Mathboy was only 16 before his birthday a few days ago (making him 17 now) and I thought Wolfsbane was older as well. I'm 19, turning 20 this summer. So...yeah.

5. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Actually, my favorite Batman story is the "last" one. "The Dark Knight Returns"/"The Dark Knight Triumphant"/"Hunt the Dark Knight"/"Thhe Dark Knight Falls". And he goes quite violent in that one. It's so cool the way he beats up Superman. :D

6. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

I personally like all the Elseworlds story with Batman.....but the Dark Knight Returns is AWESOME and considered one of the greatest comics of all time.....barely losing out to Alan Moore's Watchmen.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Goddamn!! You kids are making me feel like Methusela. I'm 47.

8. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

9. Vorak

I'm 19, but Alan Scott (Now we'll see who the real comic fanboys are) is my favourite character, so I read a lot of Golden Age stuff.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok - that takes a little of the edge off. Thanks.

And Richard: For the life of me, I can't remember who Alan Scott is.

11. Vorak

The original Green Lantern, he didn't need a corps like Hal, he did it all on his own.

12. Grossenschwamm

Yeah he was going solo, but he had the worst costume. I think most of the coloring they gave him was to test out their bright yellows. However, I like how the use of the lantern mutated his children, and then, for some reason, hewas turned back into a young man and superhero without the lantern while he was in his 60's or something.
    I'm not as big into DC as I am into Marvel. I think Marvel is awesome. Of course, I wish they had more going for them right now. Or, maybe it's because I jusyt haven't bought a single comic book in 4 years. I'll go with that. Then again...comic books don't feel the same to me anymore. They used to be all I would read, but now I'm unable to get into any of the stories at all.

13. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

What's so stupid about Marvel and DC is that they've messed up pretty much every single hero. They used to have cool, interesting, whatnot heroes but then they go ahead and ruin the whole thing with time travels and alternate realities and shit like that. Let's take Cable for example. He's absolutely my favorite X-man, but his history is laughable. I stopped buying comics because the storylines became so insane. In other words: Old comics are the best! :)

14. Grossenschwamm

I have to agree. Those comics were better before sci-fi was an adjective.

15. Vorak

There actually is an explanation as to why all the old JSA characters age so slowly, but I'll be damned if I'm writing it all out. His costume has been changed once in the mid 90's, they changed it back thankfully, enough said about that bad memory.

16. Grossenschwamm

I remember when they revamped Superman to make him all electromagnetic. Thank god that didn'f last. I was tired of seeing Red and Blue supermen flying around with two different takes on how to do the same thing.

17. Vorak

That was almost as bad as Azrael Batman. But there have been two Supermen as of late anyhow. They brought back Golden Agge Earth-2 Superman.

18. Grossenschwamm

If they're in the same damn story, same comic book, I will personally burn down DC comics headquarters.

19. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

a.) I'm 21, go me. Legal in every country I visit! Bweeheeheehee!

b.) Comics have gone fucking stupid. I'm sticking to cartoons (and the occasional copy of Gen13).

20. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Our Host!