I'm the Juggernaut, Bitch!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Grossenschwamm, May 28, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=15862
    Watch this. It's pretty funny for the first few seconds...but anyway, I brought this to your attention, because I'm either going to make a "Juggernaut" background, or a "Gem of Cytorrak" necklace that will turn you into a half ogre wearing large machined plate. However, making the background would be much easier. For the sake of keeping in character, I will not allow MY Juggernaut to use weapons of any type, except for large objects which can be kept in inventory and thrown at stuff. He'll be innately magickal, due to his origins, but I personally will not have him learn magick. He'll be pure melee and dodge, with maxed out strength and constitution, and a very high HP and fatigue. Yeah...not sure how I'll have this all mapped out yet, but I'll upload a background to this website if you guys are interested in how it looks, how it plays, that sort of thing. I'm not trying to make an unbeatable character; I've already achieved that with my "Living Diety" background. I just want to make a Marvel Comics inspired character to run around and slap the fuck out of things. It'll be fun just running around, punching people in half.

2. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Right... You go ahead and do that... (wierdo)

3. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

Overpowered characters were always fun to play, becouse you can kill everything in your path and still finish the game.

But instead of a half-ogre, you should use a halflling, with 24 str and additional damadge bonus.

4. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

And kill everyone without speaking to them. I mean it, don't let one person open their mouth from the Crash Site to the Void.

5. Grossenschwamm

Well, someone's not as cool as I thought he was...

The only problem I see with that is size. The Juggernaut's main weapon may be his indestructible body, but his sheer size strikes fear into the hearts of...everyone. And, I'm not really talking about over-powering them, I'm making him uncharismatic, scary (therefore ugly), and only raising stats that would allow him to take loads of punishment and dish out even more. Just like the character I model him after, he will be unstoppable when he gets moving, but overly confident and rather clumsy. I want playing as The Juggernaut to be fun AND challenging.

That is awesome.
    And, it's in character. Normally, The Juggernaut will not allow words to be said until he's already on top of you, and even then, only HE gets to talk. I'm also thinking of making custom dialogue options for The Juggernaut, with special responses and all that.

6. Vorak

I happily anticipate the carnage.

7. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Might as well make the following as well:

- rag wearing human human who survived a strange experimento in the Vendigroth days turns into a green-shaded Ogre when angered.

- A new Mansion built in Tarant where a bunch of strange people with odd powers are taught by a mysterious "professor"

- A Young Tarant University Student gets bitten by magical spider and......oh what the fuck, you get the picture by now...

8. Grossenschwamm

Oddly enough I was thinking about that. I was thinking of scrapping Gilbert...kindof. I'd keep his major dialogue, but he would be different. There'd be an orc wearing dread armor so he'd be blue, a "sorceress" of types who was born a master of water, air, and force, and a rough character who has an unbreakable skeleton, and heals extremely fast. Of course, having a group of "mutants" in a land such as Arcanum wouldn't be anything more than a social device. Really, it might be more trouble than it's worth.
    Making a "Spider Man" was another thought I had, but one that's even harder than The Juggernaut. What's the point of having spider like abilities if I have to completely write ON MY OWN the ability to walk on walls? Not to mention the complete inability to swing from tall buildings using webs.
    The Hulk idea meshes more closely with my "Gem of Cytorrak" necklace. It also fits really well with the lycanthropy hack which is being made by TONGSyaBASS. The Hulk would need to be extremely over-powered. He's the strongest one there is. However, his intelligence, beauty, and charisma would all need to drop to one when he turned. By "strongest one there is" I mean a strength of over 100, and a lifting capacity of...a lot. To have all that successfully modified, I would need to change how the game was coded. There's no racial bonus of +80 strength. Even if I was to add a monster bonus to strength in the background, only blessings and innate racial characteristics allow stats to go over 20 (what if I changed the racial bonus...?). But, you all know that.

I have a feeling that you said that to poke fun at my Juggernaut idea.
    "If you're doing *blank*, then why not do *blank*?"
    You can't tell me you didn't want to add something YOU really like to Arcanum. Hell, you made the "Diary of a Pervert"!
    I wasn't going after all of Marvel to put into Arcanum, just one thing. If anyone else wants to do it, go ahead. I'm pretty happy with just the Juggernaut.

9. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Actually I was just tossing out a few ideas...I figure that the Arcanum engine is versatile enough to let emulate a lot of Marvel-esque ideas....

How about a character who needs to wear his special golden Powerarmor to keep his heart working?

10. Grossenschwamm

OH! Ok, sorry, I thought you were being an ass.
    Having the Iron Man would be pretty cool, too. Specially made machined plate that keeps him alive...I like it. All I'd need for that would be to modify the color of Machined Plate on that specific character...not to mention all of the kick ass weapons he'd get. Come to think of it, if I wanted to get completely "ghetto" with it, I could just modify the machined plate color, and level up a character with the level 127 hack. That way, I could get all of the cool projectile spells, and make it look like it was a repulsor blast, a laser, a shock-beam, and I could even use the teleport spell and say "Oh, He's flying!"
    HOLY CRAP!
    I could do the Fantastic Four! Everyone except for Reed Richards...none of the spells make you stretchy.
    Body of Earth, Body of Fire, Invisibility...wow. This game's engine is VERY versatile.

11. Vorak

Dr Strange would be pretty easy to, if you could just add a cape.

12. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

More ideas:

Marvel

- A guy's family is killed by a crime sindicate, and they think he's dead. He survives and arms himself to the teeth with guns and knives and plans to end all crime in arcanum.

- A young man saves someone from an accident with toxic chemicals and becomes blind in the process. However he gains heightened senses and becomes a crime fighter.

- Four People tried to fly an experimental machine near the vendigroth but were bombarded by strange energy. One was really realy smart and a scientist. Another could suddenly use Body of Fire at will. Another can become invisible at will and can use limited telekinesis. The last guy became permanantly Body of Stoned.

DC

- chemicals and lightning made this young scientist develop Superspeed.

- After seeing his parents murdered before his eyes, this boy grows up to become a costumed crimefighter who uses all sorts of gadgets, but no guns.

13. mathboy

mathboy New Member

The flying thing the PC fly on was hit by a space-ship at the same time it was shot down. In the space-ship was a small baby, who seemed dead and was hidden in the wreckage of the ship. Later when the ship was cleaned away an old pair of Shrouded Hilsian farmers found the boy who miraculously recovered when he was brought away from the crash site.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A nice set-up already in the game:

The professor who tries to combine technology and magic, big accident, he crawls into the sewers, and becomes an overpowered cyborg bent on world domination.

15. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Actually, Batman does occasionally use guns.

... Yes I'm a Batman-nerd. So the fuck what?

16. Vorak

Meh, I am to, so what.

Now, if you used Elseworlds Gotham by Gaslight Batman, it'd work perfectly.

17. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Didn't the old Batman use guns whenever he could, but the newer version tries to avoid it?

//mathboy who isn't a batman-nerd yet, but is forced to become one due to wikipedia information about his birthday:

18. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

A few of the Elseworld had batamn using guns and I believe there was one issue from the general continuity where he used one as well...

19. Vorak

Well, back in the good old days Batman used his trusty Batgun to go Nazi hunting. But they've retconned the character into believing that taking life is wrong.

If they hadn't it wouldn't make sense if he just kept taking Joker back to Arkham so he could break out again, when he could just kill him and be done with it. And if he did kill them, you'd have to come up with new villains for every issue.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, these days his gun only fires a grappling hook. Of course, used properly, that too could be deadly.

Our Host!