Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xiao_Caity, Aug 22, 2009.
Minuos: Well done for making me want to read said book just to see what horrors that poor bloke has suffered through.
Well, well, well! Look who's back! Heya, nobodie! How's it hanging? *smirk*
It hangs well.
More writing stuff.
Read. Feedback here or there. NOW.
...Vacuum. For some reason, the old 'Vacuum' elemental spells from the original version of Star Ocean 2 spring to mind.
Hm. I would have made Void+Air into Nightmare, but I already had two spirits with the same area of speciality, so that didn't quite work. I'll mull over Vacuum for a while, see if I can think of a way to make it work.
OK, I can't say I'm much into the whole thing so I could have simply not understood this and that, but just out of being curious, are the repetitions below intentional?
Well, it was an off-the-top-of-my-just-awakened-brain idea.
A better one:
- Stop all sounds in an area
- Quiet, eerie, imposing, antisocial, implacable.
(And I swear, if you use this element to create an angsty goth anti-hero, I'll sell you to the Church of Cullen as a blood doll.)
*long look at Ramidel's suggestion* Love it, love it, stealing it, love it.
- Water and Shadow
- Plunge target into soul-sucking futility
- Slow, depressing, prone to dripping.
- Shadow and Air
- Suck all breathable air out of a given location/person
- Flighty, cheerful, forgetful, dumb.
- Water and Air
- Fills the victim's lungs with water*
- Inevitable, tragic, panic, mercy.
*should probably work with any container, but a flask is not as cool as a lung in this case.
- Air and Water
- Causes rain, hail, sleet or snow in a given area.
- Hope, luck, happiness, recklessness.
Oubliette - Interesting idea, but doesn't quite fit with the way it's all set up. Screwing with someone's mind like that is the exclusive territory of Void.
Breath - I've already changed Dream twice today, it's staying as it is now thanks. (Because seriously, give someone a hallucination in battle and they're right fucked.)
Hypoxia - Oh god, now I'm creeped out. I'll consider something along those lines, but I'm not sure I'm remotely comfortable with the idea.
Hydrology - Changing name to Rain, and done. Fankoo, fankoo.
As it would seem that we are running out of combinations to play with, I suggest the inclusion of a mind spirit. Just for shits and giggles:
- Void + Mind
- Imparts depravity. Victims find their prides swelled, appetites grossly increased and thirst for money and power unquenchable, their unfulfilled desires turning life into a living hell for both themselves and those around them.
- Gluttonous, lustful, greedy, sorrowful, ireful, despaired, vain, proud.
- Mind + Fire
- Send the target flying in an uncontrollable burst of irreconcilable rage. Nifty berserker spell, the cause of many a Herculean family tragedy.
- Furious, chaotic, violent.
- Mind + Void
- Causes severe catatonia, bereaving the target of their memories and, typically, will to live.
- Depressive, lethargic, emotionally dead.
*Yeah, should probably be something related to water, preferably horrible dehydration, but meh.
*blink blink SHUDDER* You are one scary person, DE. I've got the creeping heebie jeebies now.
On the upside, between you guys and the RPG-addicted wanderlike from A-S, I've pretty much got the list under control now. I've got a couple to keep hammering at, but it's still far better than it was a few days ago!
I had no idea that Xiao was such a baby.
She's really a sweet and tender little woman at heart.
OI! Sweet and tender I ain't! I mean, okay, yeah, I'm a bit of a romantic at heart, but that's allowed dammit. And my current D&D character is a Favoured Soul of Ilmater... and I've been playing a healer in Guild Wars... and my current RP alchemist is a healing specialist...
Oh, fuck. I've gone soft.
Words that men never want to hear.
That's right up there with "Is it in yet?"
That will be next to these worst things that you can hear:
1. "I just want to be friends."
2. "I see you more like a brother."
3. "I do want to say something to you...but, I am just a little pregnant."
4. "Sorry, but I have a headache."
Separate names with a comma.