I'm out, I'm done, that's it.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xiao_Caity, Jun 10, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

The truth is that I was not angry (it's just a silly joke, like I said), but I had a mixed feeling about it. One side I actually though it was funny and silly, but the otherside I thought it was pathetic and childish. Now it's just silly.

Now about more important matters, like; Magikot has now the 1000th post, so perhaps a custom avvy? Also, where are PD, Blinky, and Retard?

PS: Hey, I now noticed that I am The Living One.

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Then in any times I was away from the forum, I definitely missed a lot of flaming going toward Xiao. I did definitely see some flames going her way, but I guess I didn't see all of it. I guess I had no part in the grand scheme of things, which is ok.

Arthgon, my family reacted with compassion, but it took about six years for my mom to "get" that I was different (her turning point was just this past March). My dad may have ASD, my sister may have ASD, and honestly, her son may have it as well.
    I'm just affected by symptoms more than my sister and father, and need more work in relating to other people, as well as trying to wrap my head around the thought of people having emotions and feelings different from my own. So far I've grown by becoming a quiet hookah and Dragonball expert that loves the field of physics.

3. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Hey cool, I did hit 1,000. Didn't even notice :p

That's ok. Most beer tastes like piss anyway. That's why I prefer whiskey, scotch or bourbon.

4. Charonte

Charonte Member

Drink a bottle of whisky, well, out of the bottle and any quasi-decent beer will be a godsend.

Scotch isn't so bad though.

5. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

Scotch is absolutely awful! Still, sooner scotch than vodka.

6. Arthgon

You can always drink Rum or Heineken beer.

Gross: It's good to hear that your family took it so well, especially your mother. Also, does your father and sister have the same communication problems? Hey, you don't have to worry about it, I see you as a person (a swell person), and not someone who has Asperser. (I have some friends, and an uncle who has it as well.)

7. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

I fail to understand what's the big deal with ASD, but then again this is because social interaction to me is something that I learned rather then did. And I still don't understand what the problem is with some people.

I have most of the symptoms of ASD but managed to evade diagnosis and simply lived with it. Then again I'm an only child, so its not like I was the only one who saw things differently.

For the most part, I feel blessed rather then cursed.

8. Grossenschwamm

It's important for some people because a person with ASD may spend their whole lives not knowing why they're so different, and want to find people more like they are. I was diagnosed at 17 (right after I got out of highschool), and since then I've learned a lot about ASD, and I've even met some other people with the disorder. I agree with you, The Bob, in that I don't necessarily feel hindered by my eccentricities, and honestly I feel that the worst thing you can do to someone with ASD is treat them like a special case. It hinders development to guide people in such a way, and while life may seem harder, I think the person in question will be able to grow and develop as their own unique entity, and not turn into just another face with a diagnosis stamped on their forehead.
    Now, I do admit that some cases need help, but I'm not affected by the disorder like those other cases are, so I can't speak for them.

9. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me. Had you not said anything, I wouldn't have known you had any sort of disorder. Now that I know, it doesn't change how I plan on interacting with you. I just hope my autistic comment didn't offend.

10. Grossenschwamm

11. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

This thread, both in it's prelude, inception, execution, progression, and eventual derailment into mental disorders is a microcosm of exactly why I love this forum. I will keep coming back regardless of who leaves for whatever various foolish reasons.

12. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Really? I think I hate this thread. :/

13. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

That's just because you didn't start it DF. You are jealous.

14. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

So what you're saying is that DF wants to leave? And write a goodbye thread when he does?

Disgusting.

15. Arthgon

I think that wobbler is just jealous, because DF has a custom avvy as well. Also, would not it better to lock this thread, because everything had been said? Or should we talk further about this?

16. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

Well, there is no real reason to lock this thread. It is still active and it is not like we are discussing something illegal, is it?

Also, I am always surprised by Philes post count. I always think of him as someone in the 1500+ section, but then I realise that it is only the CN forum playing tricks on me.

17. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

In all honesty I'm sorta torn on my reaction to this thread. Xiao leaving is bad from a overall forum health standpoint. I mean, she wrote the FAQ (which I wasn't too happy about, but she did put the time in) and was an interesting character at best. On the other hand I personally found her quite annoying. Say what you will, but this thread was some of the most interesting content on this forum in awhile.

Yeah, I'm not as active here as I once was in the HoL forums, but I'm always lurking. If you don't have anything intelligent to contribute don't say it at all is my philosophy.

18. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Has anyone actually read the FAQ Xiao wrote? I know she put effort into it but to me it looks like its written with so much teen angst in an over excessively vulgar way. I'm not saying I could do better, well I probably would do better as I would write it in a more professional manner, however I don't want to write one.

19. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I always thought it was pretentious for somebody without moderator or admin powers to write a FAQ for the forum.

20. Grossenschwamm

Whatever, she's gone. If she comes back later, we'll still be here, and perhaps we'll even ask how things went while she was away. Then again perhaps not.
    If anything, the FAQ is obviously of Xiao's hand. There's no mistaking her particular style of writing.

Our Host!