I'm free, free at lass!

Discussion in 'CyberNations Archive' started by DarkUnderlord, Jan 20, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Let it hereby be known that the Nation of Iboloral has withdrawn its membership from the Grey Council and will now pursue trade colour happiness bonuses. Due to our improvements, each additional 1 happiness is worth $0.94 and this is only going to increase as further improvements are purchased.

All I have to do now is pick a colour. Any colour. Preferably one with lots of trades so I can replace my current ones quickly. I'm thinking Red, Green or Black. They seem to be the most popular.

2. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

I thought +1 Happiness equated +$2 gross income? So are you talking banks 'n' stuff?

And black is quite clearly the best choice out of the three you listed -- it's the only one related to the HoL theme, for one thing!

(Though I am saddened the GC should lose such a powerful member, I of course wish DU all the best in his quest for colourization.)

3. DarkUnderlord

Yep. I'm not talking gross income, I'm talking an extra $0.94 in actual taxes paid. My 5 banks, 3 schools and 2 universities have almost made each point of happiness worth a full dollar in taxes.

I actually have chosen black though that's not the reason. In the end, black is just so much cooler than pasty green and red seems to be full of NPO. What I'm doing now is going through all the alliances that'll take black team members and seeing if any are worth my salt. Hopefully I'm not independent for too long because it might attract rogue's.

4. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Well don't join the bloddy OotBR.

5. DarkUnderlord

Why not? They look like fun. Neutral, not a bunch of whingers, trade colour bonuses etc...

What's the history between the GC and OOTBR any way?

6. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Well, I know that Bumpy is an admin over there.

7. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

And experimentum has a problem with the GC, mainly with nocturne though...

8. Vorak

Basically all the guys who left due to certain 'machinations' during September went there.

Only Asmodeus and Southgait didn't join it.

9. DarkUnderlord

I don't know who Bumpy is.

Hey, I hate Nocturne too! She edited out swearing from my posts and maybe I'm wrong but she's always there talking about getting involved in defensive wars but never does (could be she's just never been in range?). I think the only reason she's buying nukes now is because of what I did.

Was that your attempt at a forum take-over with the admin account or something?

10. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

The GC:s founder, ain't he?

As for OOTBR, is that the Black Rose people?

11. Telcontar

Yes he is. I was reading something he wrote in the NPO forum the other day and lets just say he hates us and most of us inside the forum.

12. Vorak

Yeah and then I replied and blamed him for abandoning the GC in its hour of need and 24hrs later I'm in the same situation.

I hate Karma.

13. Telcontar

Vorak, all of that scheming and manipulation down the drain.....

14. Vorak

I may have lost control of a 30 member alliance. But I've established a vast intelligence network that remains unscathed and intact.

15. Telcontar

I say leave the forum to kung-lou and Eagle-boy, they seem keen to take up the charge. I say just leave the whole lot on their shoulders and let it crumble....

16. Vorak

Thats exactly what Experimentum did in September, but the GC kept struggling on. If we abandon them now they may hold out and if they do they may not be as neutral minded as JC Zim. Its not the survivors military power we have to fear its the fact that one of them may be smart enough to realise that the GC name holds enough influence that if they requested it on the main CN forum we could all be nuked.

17. Telcontar

18. Vorak

Take JC Zim out of the equation and the problem is solved, he's the last member of the old guard. If Kung-lou or someone tries something I could just say that the real GC was disbanded and that the current incarnation is a bunch of rogues trying to start a war.

19. Telcontar

Ouch! Well they seem keen to do the work and take on the job. But I don't get it, if you decide to go do you destroy the GC or leave it to others to govern?

20. DarkUnderlord

Not unless the current Chairman announces the situation and declares the GC "disbanded". Politically, you could blame trade colour bonuses and make a swipe at admin for "leaving you with no choice".

Our Host!