I'm back :D - Need a place to stack items.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Cooto3s, Sep 26, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Cooto3s

Cooto3s New Member

Ok so the cargohold "addon?" doesnt seem to work for me. So does anyone know where you can stack items? They tend to disappear after a while :(

2. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

I find the Warehouse that you have to clear the rats out of in Tarant to be an excellent place to store shit.

3. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

By any chance were you trying to add the cargo hold after you started a game or using a save from a game that didn't have the cargo hold?

Both of these will screw you up.

4. Cooto3s

Cooto3s New Member

No I'm not. The cargo hold thingy just doesnt work. Perhaps it has something to do with my mods or so. Anyways, I tried the other one aswell "Sinbads cargo hold" or whatever, and it just didnt work. The game itself worked fine but I didnt get a cargo hold :pOh and philes, do you mean that warehouse where you help the halfling out?

5. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

It's a possibility. Slim, but possible.

I can answer the second part as well. Yeah - Plough's warehouse.

6. Cooto3s

Cooto3s New Member

Thank you :) If Plough's warehouse works then I won't need the cargohold mod.

EDIT: Rroyo, your a modder, arent you? Cant you create a mod that gives us the ability to plant seeds? :p so u can plant ur own herbs in the garder at like the bates mansion, so you dont have to walk around the entire world to find the herbs you want.

7. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

In Tarant, you can also store items inside the sewers. Near the train station, there's an entrance that's the closest one to the place. You'll find 2 bandits down there, dispose of them, and have a chest and two barrels to store stuff. Another place with more containers is inside the sewers too, though it's guarded by several arachnids. It's the Willoughsby's cellar, besides the steam engine, there's also a Pyrotechnic Axe schematic down there. :D

And another thing, the only place I've noticed that items disappear from are trash containters and shopkeeper's chests. :D

8. Cooto3s

Cooto3s New Member

Well I tried to stash the elven funerary stone in the pettibone residence after I killed her to se if willoughsby wanted it. Though when I got back it was replaced by a paper :'(

9. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I just found your edit.

Sorry - Although it might be possible to set this situation up, it would take a seriously expert scripter and proto modifier to make it work. And I am a very long ways away from being either one.

10. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

Don't know. Even in the Shrouded Hills bank safe, things don't disappear. Just try the unoccupied areas like the warehouse in Tarant.

11. saatan54

saatan54 New Member

I am mostly using Tarant warehouse and Shroude Hills inn

12. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

The hotel rooms are the most convenient. If the freely available furniture isn't enough, I casually pick the locks on the innkeepers' chests and cabinets.

The Tarant warehouse however, is probably the biggest storage area are in the whole game, especially when it comes to the number of containers.

13. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Yes, you have to script these things:*

1. Planting the seeds into the field.

2. Watering and using manure to get the plants growing.

3. Succes/failure of getting the plants/reagents full grown, after some days or weeks.

4. Calculating the cirumstances(Weather, month).

*Now THESE would be a real cool challenge!

This is for making the plants or the field right?

PS: If I have overlooked something, please do tell me.

14. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

It looks like you've got them all.

The proto would be needed (I think) to show the mound of dirt when you plant - recycle the concealed zombie art for that - then the plant going through the various stages of life and factor in enough variables to take out a small percentage of the crop.

This is way over my head. Let me know if you can make this work. It sounds cool.

15. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

Why do you need a space as big as Plough's warehouse to store things? Do you mean you want to leave them out in the open in the gameworld? Wouldn't that lag the game and make your savegame files grossly enormous?

Like The_Bob said, use Hotel furniture like dressers for mass storing. I've stored hundreds of stones worth of loot in the one in Tarant. As far as I know, Hotel dressers don't have a weight limit to how much you can store in them like other containers do.

16. Thrasher

Thrasher New Member

Hmm... The empty hotel furniture in the Shrouded Hills Inn all filled up for me, and I had to move to Plough's Tarant warehouse.

Talk about tedious (even with teleport)....

17. Roller

Roller New Member

hotel rooms too here. also good for resting heh, so you inevitable visit them from time to time. Not really sure if i need all this junk.. Magnus only seem to use one or two things.

18. ghosts

ghosts New Member

I use the little room just southwest of the Tarant University steamrail station (if that's what it's called? the subway type thing, haha). I can't remember what was there originally, but there's a little box in the room where I keep everything. It's near Bates' house, the library, the university, the zoological society -- all places I've had to visit at least once or twice. So it's pretty convenient.

19. Roller

Roller New Member

Hotel rooms chests dont have infinite space. Found that the hard way.. Relocating to Plough's warehouse...

20. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the one you get in blackroot does.

Our Host!