Ideas for Arcanum2

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Cuha, Nov 24, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Cuha

Cuha New Member

I've been reading a few discussions on this board about Arcanum2 ideas and here are some of my own.

Setting : I'll have to agree here and say either pre Arcanum1 or Post-Arcanum 1 is the way to go, maybe more gameplay set in Vendigroth, or perhaps in a new, sparesly populated continent ala the Wild West, which could still be set during the time of the original arcanum. We could even have some story to do with Bronwych and the undersea vehicle he made, ala 10000 Leagues under the Sea. Or perhaps even extend some really moody parts of the game and influence it with a dark/gothic feel, eastern europe, Dracula, werewolves, ghosts etc. Not so much as enemies as much as settings and places. Probably one of the best games to have this sort of feel was the old Quest for Glory 4, where you end up in that old Transylvanian style town complete with paranoid citizens and mood lighting. I personally think it would be a great setting.

I'm fine with dual wielding, as long as its done properly ; only being able to dual wield 1 handed weapons (two handguns, two swords, two daggers, 1 dagger 1 sword,etc.) not wielding 2 bows or 2 two handed swords. Dual wielding should be based on dexterity as well as your ability to use the specific weapon, for example if your an expert at melee with a fairly low dx and decide to use two guns then you're just going to blow your foot off. However with an expert at gunfighting with high enough dx you can dual wield two pistols. I wasnt very happy with the armour in game, i thought you should be able to have more of a choice. Plus i've always wanted to wear a trenchcoat/duster in arcanum.

I'm fine with the races implimented in the original game; i mean why fix something thats broken?

Any thoughts?

2. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

I say Age of Legends, and hopfully 1. pserson 3D.

3. Cuha

Cuha New Member

maybe based on the morrowind graphics engine?

4. jankiel

jankiel Member

It think that I't would be much more interesting to see what happend right after Arcanum I (it would be interesting to meet old chaps like Geoffrey or Perriman. :) )

5. Xz

Yes, I'd like that too, but there are 2 ways of ending the game, and in one of them you pretty much ruin the world...

6. jankiel

jankiel Member

We could assume that the better one took place :)

7. Xz

yes, but there would be some bitches complaining and getting frustrated.

8. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I've said it before and I say it again: if Troika ever decide making a new game set in Arcanum, the Age of Legends would be the most likely setting. Everyone who has played the original game knows about it, and they don't have to deal with the two-endings problem.

9. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Let everyone play in the destroyed world, if they didn't destroy it themselfs somone did when they had died. That way you can have the new life evolve from some strange race on a forgotten island. Age of Legends just sounds too much DnD

10. jankiel

jankiel Member

True, we could ecounter other interesting persons from Arcanum I and that could be fun, killing Nasruldin would be interesting :)

11. Dark Elf

Media:
    Of course, there should be an option to fight against the Elven Council and side with Arronax. I'd love to pick a fight with Nasrudin as well (although that should be hopelessly difficult seeing as Nasrudin was the most powerful being in all Arcanum at the time).

12. Bunny

Bunny New Member

What about technology? In the Age of Legends? Remember the epilogue?

13. Dark Elf

Media:
    Technology would probably be even more advanced than in the original Arcanum, yes. Vendigroth had lots of it.

14. EyeOfFire

EyeOfFire New Member

I reckon that they should just make stuff a lot more real (e.g. being hit with a rusted weapon can give you disease) and that there should be a use for everything - in the original arcanum there was absolutley no use for gems, rings (like saphire rings) or gem encrusted necklaces - (perhaps they could increase your beauty if you are female?)

Other than that, perhaps they could include more technological and magical disciplines? plenty of the spells and technology do really the same thing (like stasis and stun) Also, duel wielding would be great and it would be good if they had 'unique' items - stuff that you only find randomly and you only find once. There should still be arcane chainmail, mystic chainmail etc but unique weapons and armour would be a good addition.

As for the setting? I reckon it should be something gothic like cuha suggested. Something with ghosts and lycans and other stuff - cos this can also add to technology and magic (e.g. having a beladonna potion or something - and a college of magic for banishing stuff)

So yep, thats my thinking. Tell me what you think?

Our Host!