I want to be evil.. But I can't!!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Cooto3s, Sep 16, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Cooto3s

Cooto3s New Member

So I got this problem. I've run through the game a few times now the past few years but I havent been able to be evil yet! I mean.. 80% of the quests gives good alignment.. What am I suppose to do? I enjoy leveling fast so I prefer to do as many quests as possible. I usually reach level 50 by the time I'm at Qintarra for the first time. The whole "Sold you're soul" background wont do either because I prefer to be a tech.. Any tips?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's one peculiarity, that some people may not know. Once you're more evil than the monsters you kill, each kill will be making you even more evil.

3. Cooto3s

Cooto3s New Member

Okay, but what should I do in the beginning? Like agree to rob the shrouded hills bank and not give the guy his share? :p

And I suppose that's why there's a sense alignment spell eh? :p Any tech items that does the same?

EDIT: Also, about the followers.. Do they complain when you do a good act? Because that would suck.

4. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

5. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

Kill innocent people, do quests that require robbing, destroying things. Insult people. Do quests to help people then tell them you are keeping the item. There is enough to level-up evil if you look.

You can give the guy in Shrouded hills his half and get the evil alignment.

6. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

I can't believe you're having problems with becoming evil. Go kill a town. Shrouded Hills, for example.

7. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Well, there's evil in the sense that you steal from people and rip off innocent old ladies by giving them incorrect change. There's also evil in the sense that you're a mass murderer who steals living organs and rips out the throats of innocent old ladies.

I think he's looking for more of the first one, and thus, town killin' isn't really what he's looking for.

8. Cooto3s

Cooto3s New Member

ye I don't like to kill an entire town. And if I kill an old lady it usually sets the entire town against you. Atleast, that's the way it is for me. I want to do all the quests aswell, not only the evil ones.

Also about the "do a quest and keep the item" Do I get any experience for the quest then?

9. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

In most cases, I think no. And, if you're interested in being just marginally evil, the Underground is what you need.

10. Cooto3s

Cooto3s New Member

I allways tend to get +100 alignment, since I prefer to do all the quests with XP. I do all the quests, including the theives underground. I just wanna be evil once and try out the followers.

11. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

If you're the persuasion master, then they join you regardless of your alignment.

12. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Okay, you guys have been added to my hero list.
    Next evil build I make...look out Arcanum!! You'll wish you still knew how to send folks to the void. :evil:

13. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

You give him his share, then kill him and then kill any guards who saw you kill him and then loot all their corpses and be even better off financially than you would have been just taking all the money.

Thats simply how its done.

And gaining good allignment can have evil followers drop comments about you not being the sort of person they want to hang out with.

14. Packersfan30_3

Packersfan30_3 New Member

Be nice, convince Swyft you will take her to Tarant and do your best to protect her. After a little travel, diverge from the course a little bit, claiming you're "A tad lost." Have your followers wait a little ways away so they don't feel guilty/nauseous. And... well, I'm sure you can imagine what needs to be done from there...

15. Slaughter

Slaughter New Member

If for some reason, you CAN'T do evil things, try to play a Half-Orc.

EVERYONE will act like a bunch of biggoted bastards. This will only make it sweeter to kill them.

16. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

17. Cooto3s

Cooto3s New Member

HAhahahaha, thats really evil :>

Our Host!