I Spy With My Little Eye Something Beginning With V

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by Jarinor, May 11, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Okay, really long title, but it's my first news post in a while, so cut me some slack. Anyway, getting to the point, Gamespy have done a nice little <a href="http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines/513126p1.html">preview</a> of everyone's favourite upcoming game about vampires, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. Here's a little to wet your whistle...

<blockquote>The difference, of course, is that unlike a traditional RPG, all of these characteristics need to affect the gameplay in real time from a first-person shooter perspective. That's a significant challenge for the developers, of course, but it becomes a thing of beauty once you see it in action. In order to show us how the different RPG characteristics would affect the actual experience, Boyarsky created three different characters. One was a male Brujah, the vampire clan of "rebels" who never use one word when a fist will do. The second was a female Toreador, the clan of Anne Rice style decadent Euro-trash vampires. The third was a Malkavian. Malkavians are nuts -- which is pretty much all you need to know about them, except that their lunacy sometimes produces better results than another vampire's "sanity". </blockquote>

Personally, I blame Anne Rice for changing the perception of vampires from blood drinking hunters of the night to blood drinking clubbers at night...which may be why I'm looking forward to playing a Malkavian so much.

2. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

although i enjoy Anne Rice's homo-erotic novels as much as the next gal, i always preferred to play Malkavs... they're just so much fun!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

what an enlightening statement. it so accurately reflects your intelligence.

Our Host!