I need a new role-playing game (like Return to Krondor)!!!

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by hunterkiller, Dec 18, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hunterkiller

hunterkiller New Member

Ok, im getting bloody bored with first person shooters, strategy games, and sims. I need a really goos RPG that will draw me into the plot, make me really feel somethign for the characters, the same way Return to Krondor did. Since then, no RPG I've played has rivaled the experience: in most game, characters can be selected or even created, thus eliminating a lot fo the sotry aspect. Can anyone suggest an RPG similair to RTK in that it has a clearly defined astory and characters, which you get attached to, and at the same time, has a lot fo cinematic and epic quality?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Oyarsa on 2001-12-18 06:11 ]</font>

2. Eros Rex

Eros Rex New Member

You MUST get Vampire The Masquerade! It is all that and more. The storyline spans over 1000 years! Your main Charecter Is Christof, he starts as a human and becomes a vampire. All that join him have stories of there own. Plus the game interface rocks. Some peps here will say they didn't like it but that was the pre-patched version. If you get it now days it is patched and the game is awesome.

Runner ups in the catagory you suggested would be:

1) Baldars Gate 1 & 2 (yes you make your own charecter but the storyline is still very involving.)

2)Diablo 2 (yes it's mainly hack and slash, but the storyline is there and the cinamatics rock!)

3) Ultima 9 ( pre-patched game was horrible, but after the patch you are talking about one of the most beautiful worlds you will ever enter. You won't want to leave EVER.)

4) there is also this crapy little game called Arcanum. You MIGHT like it, IF your into that kind of thing (God knows I am!)

I hope this helps :grin:

3. Eros Rex

Eros Rex New Member

oh yeah and welcome to the forum. (they like to do that here, of course no one ever welcomed ME but who's counting anyway) :wink:

4. Oyarsa

Oyarsa New Member

1) Language.

2) This is a forum for roleplaying, not discussing RPGs & CRPGs. The good folks of Terra Arcanum have provided a General Discussion area for discussing such generalities. And Generals!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!