I Lost my Keys!!!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by M@de in China, Dec 2, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. M@de in China

M@de in China New Member

I lost my keys in Tarant and I don't know where it is. Somerwhere between the Hall of Records and P&S I lost my key ring with 13 rings (I know this because I reviewed an old game). Have any of you guys experienced this problem before?

2. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

3. M@de in China

M@de in China New Member

huh?

4. Milo

Milo New Member

Hope you got a recent save. I've never had that specific problem, but I have had certain items turn into others, at least graphically.

I'd try checking everything in your inventory and reading it's little description in the window. Something might actually be your keyring, just the graphic got switched somehow. If that doesn't work out, then... I don't know. Check the stores, maybe you sold it on accident.

5. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

i have noticed that some objects turn black in the inventory screen. i have had this happen temporarily with magnus's bracelet and auto lockpicks. its possible that you still have them and you simply arent seeing it. try sorting your inventory with the button on the right side and see if they turn up.

6. M@de in China

M@de in China New Member

well it's probably not in my inventory because I i can't open doors

7. Just A Geek

Just A Geek New Member

If you have a save you can go back to, that might be your best option. It may have been dropped somewhere, but it might not be as simple as searching for it again. I have seen NPCs (Followers, townspeople, etc.) pick up items on the ground before. (Most notably a priest who picked up some armor I dropped and then equipped it.) So the search to find it again might be in vain.

8. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Get an axe.
    Break down all the doors you encounter.
    Kill everyone.
    Problem solvered.

9. M@de in China

M@de in China New Member

speaking of which, how do i force fire on doors

10. Just A Geek

Just A Geek New Member

Kill em all and let god sort 'em out. I like it.

11. Ferret

Ferret New Member

It's hard to get a sensible answer in this place sometime isn't it? :???:

Just hold down ALT when clicking on whatever, or whoever, you want to attack. However, some things you should note:

1. THis will quickly destroy your equipped weapon. I would suggest that you unequip all weapons.

2. Your followers will all fall over themselves to destroy the item you have attacked. Unequip their weapons too.

3. Magnus will hate you whatever you attack, because it's too nice. :-o Kill Magnus. Seriously though, depending on what you attack, you might want to get him to wait, as he often seems to take exception to you attacking such 'good and innocent folk' as doors.

4. You, and your followers will undoubtedly take fatigue damage, and possibly physical damage as you attack. Your followers will keep attacking until object is destroyed, or they knock themselves out/kill themselves in the process. Watch dog if you have him, as he often takes physical damage when attacking inanimate objects.

Hope this helps.

12. Lagash

Lagash New Member

Well, all you said is true but... you really don't know another way? :grin:

To blow doors use some sort of axe, I don't think they all break... I always use the Pyrotecnic Axe, it can hit even Automatons and never breaks! Or if you have enough bullets, blow the doors with your Elephant Gun.

As for the problem of your NPC's attacking the doors when you attack them... just press F5 and they'll stop fighting for the rest of the fight, unless you press F2 on the door to make them attack.

13. Creslyn

Creslyn New Member

Or if you're a mage, use Stone Throw.

14. Milo

Milo New Member

Or if you have Dog, use Dog. He can tear down steel doors without taking too much damage. I'm surprised Troika didn't nerf him in the patches.

15. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

fireflash works as well

Our Host!