I heard the internet is a good place to rant.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by justafishinajarr, May 29, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

I operated under similar circumstances up until recently. I referred to the habit as willfully giving myself attention defecit disorder.

What are you playing, JaFiaJ?

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Haven't you listened to what I've told you about reproducing with inferior genetic material?

3. TheDavisChanger

4. No! Naughty dog!

No! Naughty dog! New Member

5. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

By the by, Fish can't respond. He's enjoying a family vacation in Cali while I work my butt off here at home.

6. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

My girlfriend gets annoyed with me for the same reason. It's not my fault that it has so many fun games!!

7. JustaFishInaJar

JustaFishInaJar New Member

I thought the "The Whole Nine Yards" was funny. I especially like that you can see Amanda Peet topless. I appreciate that.

And yes honey, I do have a game in my hand as we speak.

I'm playing Final Fantasy Tactics A2. I'm beating all 400 missions without dispatching any characters which is taking forever. I've put over 70 hours into it and beaten 246 missions. I have made character sheets to create players with the ultimate job class combos. Also I'm going for the whole collect ever weapon thing. Something I like to do. Also I modified your quote to Fish and not Jayajafih or whatever the fuck you keep calling me.

You are not allowed to use this nerdyness against me rosie or should I say the person who had to teach ME how to play Magic the Gathering.

8. TheDavisChanger

There is very little wrong with a nude Amanda Peet.

I don't know, JaFiaJ. I expect to see a "Says the guy who..." post any moment now that more or less has your last post quoted.

9. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

What a good idea. I'm glad I thought of it.

Your move, love.

10. Dark Elf

Media:
    That's nothing.

Ever tried getting every character to master every job in Final Fantasy V? Note that you must master the jobs before you get more crystal shards, otherwise it's cheating.

Closest I've ever been to developing an OCD, I think.

11. TheDavisChanger

I thought JaFiaJ's confession was reason enough to launch discussion onto this topic, but as Dark Elf is so willing to share I figured this must be done.

12. JustaFishInaJar

This pretty much will declare Rosie less nerdy then me but in every role playing game I collect all items, all spells, max out levels, complete all side quest, master all jobs, and pretty much anything you can think of to make the game 100% I will do it. Even if it doesn't make the on game percent meter go up it makes the in my head meter feel complete. And I have done the Final Fantasy V 100%. I put over 200 hours in every RPG I play. In Arcanum I collected everything possible and hoarded it. I refuse to sell old weapons to upgrade because I would rather keep them for my collection.

Luckily this type of OCD only occurs in games and so my real house is spared giant collections of useless junk.

Except that big jar full of bottle caps that I can't get rid of.

Edit: I missed one summon in FFV. I knew where it was but I forgot to get it and sadly it still pisses me off to this day. The other thing that pisses me off is that in FF3 or 6 if your japanese or a huge nerd was that I got 99.9% done. That stupid mother fucking cock sucking ninja stayed on the floating island a died. I didn't know if you waited by the ship he would jump on at the last second. I still want to replay that game and get 100%. God I have a problem.

13. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

14. Dark Elf

Media:
    Shiva?

15. JustaFishInaJar

It was Katblepas. You can find him in the forest surrounding some big lake. The only problem was I decided to do something else in the story line and figured I could go back for it. But it was not to be. I still some times wake up in the middle of the night screaming, "Katblepas" covered in a cold sweat.

16. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

17. JustaFishInaJar

Says the person who wants the Bene Gesserit littainy against fear mantra tattooed on her body.

18. Dark Elf

Media:
    Tell her she can only have it if she promises to shave her hair and eat a daily meal consisting entirely of a spice of your choosing.

19. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I've been trying to merge that with the 23rd psalm, and a few other geeky references to form the Penultimate Mantra.

20. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

Says the person who's playing Duck Tales on the original NES right fucking now.

Our Host!