I hate today

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blinky969, Dec 17, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Hebt u kerels ooit de taal genoemd Engels vernomen?

Ja?

Ik dacht zo. Zo gebruik het.

2. Calis

Calis Member

Hah! I'm getting a distinct "online translator" feel from those sentences, Xz. Where'd you have those translated?

3. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Babelfish, though they were understandable, right?

In any case, I'm planning on learning dutch some time...

4. RayCide

RayCide New Member

?? we don´t speak like that reali ??

5. Notharah

Notharah New Member

rofl :D :lol:

6. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

It seems to me that ya'll are rather uninformed and generally lacking in the knowledge of smokeless tobacco products here in the good ol' U.S. of A. And since I have been a tobacco user for almost sixteen years and tried many different forms of tobacco I shall give a simple bit of education to bring some enlightenment to the subject:

First lets cover common names (or nicknames) for snuff-type smokeless tobacco. There is: dip, chew, pinch, scooby-snack, & chaw. There is most certainly more than this as there is usually some regional or local name depending on where you are in the country. Most people refer to it as chew. Cope (short for Copenhagen) is commonly used to refer to any brand of snuff-type smokeless tobacco. The most common placement for a 'dip' is in the front lower lip. Although placing it in the upper lip or to the side is not uncommon.

Next there is a type of smokeless tobacco that one does actually chew. Generally it it leaf tobacco which is bacically rough shredded tobacco leaves. Plugs (another form) are kinda like leaf in brick form, and are used to a much smaller degree. Leaf tobacco produces much more juice or spit.

There is another smokeless tobacco called snuff. It is in powderized form, generally given some flavor or scent, and is inhaled or snorted thru the nose. It produces the same buzz effect much more quickly than other tobacccoes, but does not last nearly as long. Some people choose to use both snuff and chew together. The snuff is used to jump start the buzz so that by the time its buzz wears off the nicotine from the chew is beginning to kick in. {now, snuff and snuff-type tobacco are not the same thing, and often confused with eachother - hence the term 'chew' which signifies the non-powderized form, and snuff referrs to the powdered one}

It is quite common for poeple to 'gut' the spit-juice. This is the term used to say that one swallows rather than spits out the juice produced from the tobacco. It is not just used by rednecks but is quite often dubbed a 'redneck thing' as most people who use either live (or grew up on) a farm, in the country, or in areas that are largely farming and small rural towns. Although by far the greater percantage of smokeless tobacco users are male, there are a small number of female users. Almost always finding a woman that 'chews' is rather extraordinary to most, yet always surprising to everyone!

And there you have a quick education in the subject of smokeless tobacco products.

7. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Thanks RP. I knew what I was talking about, I simply had the names mixed up... I called Plugs chew, and confued their snuff with our snuff.

8. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Next week can we cover heroin? I have some questions about demographics.

9. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

10. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

11. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Why don't we use both? I hear they're quite fun when mixed-up!

12. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

13. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

hmmm... heroine just never appealed to me. i don't need to enjoy puking, thanks. although H-bomb ecstasy was incredible...

14. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Yea, I've never done heroine, or cocaine. I know too many people who have fucked up their shit with that. I might do e this weekend. Hopefully it comes through.

15. Wolfsbane

You guys are going to die, using as much drugs as you do. I feel somewhat sorry for you.

16. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

Maybe they only brave with that they smelled cocaine and used heroine, but really they didn't use neither coc. nor her.

17. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i won't die. i haven't done any drugs in 5 years... now i just relive fond memories...

18. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I smoke weed, drink and occasionally take something else, like this weekend we're probably doing lsd instead of e, although either is good for me. I don't think I'm that bad, nor do I honestly expect to die. And if I do die, oh well, I'll have gone out happy.

19. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Or at least you won't know you're gone. :)

20. Wolfsbane

Quite so. We'll miss you though. Right, guys?

Our Host!