I am tired of this...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MADLAX, Mar 3, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Japan is more respected because they don't attempt to monopolized trade in the same fashion China tries to. You can't ignore the fact that China, through its own actions, looks strikingly like a brutal dictatorship with no social or political freedom, I wonder why.

In terms of economics, it's also hard to respect a nation who has modern cities, the suburbs of which consist of shacks and rice farmers.

2. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

Being an American you are on shaky ground when talking about monopolising trade, but that's just how power works in our capitalist world.

So you've never been to Chicago then? :p

3. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Chicago is not as bad as China. China you have Shang-Hai a mere sixty miles away from people who've never even seen a television.

I never said being respected in the world means you can't monopolize trade. It's just the way you do it. The U.S. might be obnoxious at best about it, but China's just a skeevy, fucking loser, with a very large amount of very small people working for 5 cents a day.

4. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Okay, serious question: Apart from MADLAX and myself, how many people here have spent a decent amount of time in China?

Didn't think so.

I had the great joy of having to opportunity to visit China and Hong Kong for a fortnight last year, and I enjoyed it MUCH more than the week I spent in the USA the year before.

Chinese Culture - Ancient traditions which can be directly traced back several thousand years, interesting culture, actually attempting to repair some of the damage done to their culture by their own government.

American Culture - Manipulated by a media that is so right-wing it makes Little Johnny Howard and Pauline Hanson look positively liberal, your President has an IQ significantly less than my DOG'S, you are willingly giving up your freedoms and rights to a government that's controlled by a group of vicious and quite possibly evil bastards, and you've inflicted more bullshit on the rest of the world than any other country in history.

Quit bitching out China, you assholes. Your country is worse.

5. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

And you're a loser.

China is culturally very cool. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about its government and its government's policies.

You're just ridiculous, and if you think CNN is right-wing you're more fanatical than most of the people ON the news today.

Have I ever argued that Bush isn't fucking stupid? Our government's, however, are constructed so that one stupid dick who's running the show ISN'T the downfall of the whole damn system. He makes it suck, but he doesn't change everything.

Some citizens give up their rights because they are ignorant, like their ignorant counterparts who are found in every other country on Earth. Stupid people and smart people are everywhere, even in America, and even in whatever country you live in.

The only reason we inflict bullshit on you is because of all your country's are too weak to stand up. That's not a good reason, and not one I morally agree with, but that's the truth, and unless you can change it, there's no sense really talking about that right now is there?

Oh, and Jesus, you spent a fortnight in a foreign country, you totally must be an expert in their culture.

6. Mag the Bloody-handed

Mag the Bloody-handed New Member

I was just dancing naked on the table.

7. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Oh crap! I just hope my hidden camcorder captured it.

8. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

9. Mag the Bloody-handed

10. Bunny

Bunny New Member

That bear is awfully cute. Did you see him holding that mic with his sexy paws?

11. Mag the Bloody-handed

The singing in the game is horrible, it's like Stephen Hawkings voicebox singing the tune.

12. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

Thanks for that revelation.

Chicago is a mere 6 inches away from people who've never seen a television that wasn't stolen.
    That's a joke in case anyone from Chicago is reading this. I liked the Field Museum...

Yes China has shanty towns but so did the West once upon a time. The shanty towns progressed into terrible quality housing for the poor factory workers. The housing and conditions improved slowly over time. China is going through growing pains. Not only is it going from agriculture to industry, it is simultaneously changing from communism to capatilism. Times of great change usually have great problems attached but China will grow through it and come out the other side a very powerful country. Whether they become an international bullyboy a million times worse than America or whether they integrate into the international community remains to be seen.

13. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Never said anything against CNN. As a matter of fact, CNN sets the standard to which all networks should try to hold themselves.

But you look at 99% of the bullshit on your countrys news before you call me a loser again, bitch. Even our small-town newspaper has a better grip on reality than the vast majority of your media.

And how DARE you tell me that my country doesn't have the nerve to stand up for itself! We may not have nukes, but you people fuck around with us and we'll kick the shit out of you!

And I'm not saying that the fortnight made me an expert on China. It merely cemented the research that I've been doing on their country for THREE YEARS.

And I still maintain China is about five million times nicer to visit than America.

14. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

About visiting. In 2002 USA was visited by 50945 tourists and China by 31 229. I do not doubt, China is better to visit than USA, but most people are attracted by former Land of Opportunity

15. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Land of Opportunity my ass. I seem to recall something about you having the highest unemployment rate and lowest overall education of all the 'civilized' countries.

EDIT: although the education thing is DEFINATELY your government's fault for cutting school funding to increase military spending. Woo, yeah, that's the way to improve the world. *sigh*

16. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

You meant Russia? My parents are well-employed, and I'm, therefore, not interested of this bullshit. And about education....... e... I haven't seen not educated men. See CIA statistics: educ. rate in Russia: men 100%, women 99%. USA: men 97%, women 97%.

And, what's with your avatar? Previous was much more better.

17. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

I think she meant U.S:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA#Education

And her new avatar is very good.

Edit:
    Nyehehehe, what I have found:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_Hungary

Literacy (2003): 99.4%
    Men: 99.5%
    Women: 99.3%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_ ... ted_States

Literay (2003): 97%
    Men: 97%
    Women: 97%

18. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

If those figures were generated from the same study by the same people then you have a case. However I doubt they are so you can't compare them.
    Saddam got 99% of the vote. Bush got ~50% of the vote. Therefore Saddam must be better than Bush and all the other American candidates.

19. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

I trust Wikipedia, and I'm sure the creators of the article did know if they provided correct/certificated data, or not (and I'm sure the methods of the studies are similar, if not the same)

(Why I trust Wikipedia so much? Because of two cases. 1st case: One of my classmates did something messy in one of the articles. He told me to look at it. I did, and it was corrected already. 2nd case: I noticed some vandalism in an article. I instantly hit Edit to correct it. When the editor page was loaded, it was already corrected.)

20. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

Don't get me wrong, I think Wikipedia is good for a lot of things. However, if you check out the literacy link they explain how varied the definition is. It states that 14% of Americans (rather than 3%) are unable to read traffic signs or follow written instructions but are not considered illiterate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literacy

Our Host!