Hygiene products

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jungle Japes, Nov 9, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

Everything from cologne to toothpaste, conditioner to shaving cream. What are your favorites, and what do you keep in your cabinet that stands out from the crowd?

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Shaving cream; Brut or Barbasol, but honestly I prefer a natural, unscented shaving soap applied with a badger-hair brush. Call me old-fashioned.

Toothpaste; Colgate. Any kind, as long as it's tartar control. I stay away from whitening varieties, cause mine are pretty white right now, without being that supernatural bleach white that famous people have. Though, I have been known to use good old-fashioned baking soda, cause all you really need to clean teeth is a mild abrasive (and floss {of which any kind is acceptable, though I favor mint for some reason}). My favorite was actually this one brand I can't remember the name of (though it's also very popular), and it was an orange-mint flavor that foamed excessively when you brushed your teeth with it, apparently to get to hard to reach places. It was like I had rabies for as long as I brushed my teeth. Awesome.

Mouthwash; Listerine, any and all flavors. The burn means it's working.

Toothbrush; Battery Operated. I think it's a Crest brand brush. It was a goal at one point for me to be able to brush my teeth without my belly jiggling, as I have a belly. By replacing my manual brush for something with batteries, I have achieved this goal, as no weight loss will cure the puffiness I've gained from insulin injections.

Soap; Irish spring, original scent. Not all women can stand it, but my lady can. Used to splurge on Axe Body Wash, because Snake Peel would efficiently rid me of dead skin cells.

Shampoo; It varies. I usually get the cheap stuff, so normally VO5, any scent. Currently it's kiwi lime.

Conditioner; Can't use it. My hair is very fine, and so any conditioner actually weighs it down and makes it look greasy.

Face wash; Clean and Clear. I've developed a dilemma, however. My beard is quite thick, and I cannot clean the facial hair properly with clean and clear. However, shampooing my face leads to very dry skin.

Deodorant; Unscented Arm & Hammer antiperspirant. I know aluminum is linked to alzheimer's, but I haven't found an antiperspirant without it. I tend to sweat a lot.

Never wore a cologne before, however, using Brut to shave actually leaves a manly scent I've found women are interested in.

I also own an electric beard trimmer. I can trim my face with scissors, but I haven't perfected it yet so it takes at least 20 minutes. 1 is much less than 20, so I trim with the electric device.

3. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I predict that this will be the gayest thread since the last time a woman posted.

Anyway, the only thing that really stands out in my bathroom (when I'm not in there, zing!) is some Shiseido cleansing foam face wash that was a present from a now-ex girlfriend. It's pretty good stuff really. I'm considering buying some more when it runs out. I'd have to order it online though - it's not found in shops here much. I think she had it sent from Hong Kong or something ridiculous like that.

4. Grossenschwamm

Oh, come on, it's only gay if we were to get into surgical procedures meant to prevent infection (and masturbation) in boys during the 1800's. Oops.

5. Jungle Japes

My hygiene items are currently pretty generic, since I'm not trying to impress anybody at the moment. I am pretty particular about my tooth brush though. It's an Oral-B cross-action with medium bristles. I can't stand a soft tooth brush, just feels like they don't do work.

As for shaving, I'm an electric guy. It's fast, economical, and doesn't irritate my face. So what if I'm not getting that extra thousandth of an inch off my whiskers?

6. Grossenschwamm

I've got to use soft bristles, because my gums are very sensitive. I compensate with the RPMs of my electric toothbrush, however.
    As for shaving, I prefer a straight razor, but I lost the edge completely when I dropped it into the sink (muscle spasm {new scar}) and I don't have the proper sharpening and honing stones to get it back to a safe edge. I've got a gilette fusion, but my beard grows so fast I'm smooth right after shaving at 7 AM and sandpaper four hours later. The beard is ultimately softer than a clean-shaven face.

7. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I have the opposite problem. My beard is pathetically wussy and my hair isn't very dark, so even after I've grown it for a couple of days, it's hardly visible.

That in itself is not necessarily a problem, because it would make it easy to maintain a clean-shaven look. However, the problem arises because I'm quite young looking, so really a bit of stubble would help. Otherwise it can be humiliating when I'm buying a drink on a date with a proper grown-up woman and I get asked for ID by the bar staff.

My solution is to use the trimmer part of an electric shaver, so that when I'm shaving I'm actually leaving 2mm of hair growth everywhere, and the result is that I look like I might actually be old enough to be able to drive. And experienced enough to locate a clitoris. Those being the main two things that women are looking for in a man.

8. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I use an electric razor to shave my moustache daily and the sides of my face and neck every few days to a week. Scissors for trimming the goatee every now and then to keep its length at around 1-2 centimeters.

9. Grossenschwamm

Ah, the halcyon days of my fantastic goatee...I kept a beard that paralleled my jaw line at about .25" long by 1" wide, and a 6-7" goatee. This was back when I could still use my straight razor, so it took almost no time at all to properly slice the unwanted follicles from my face. My friends loved it, my family hated it, and random kids on the street would bleat at me like I was a goat. Good times.
    That was before I had realized how important vaginas were to me (as only a certain type of woman will tolerate such a plume of red on a man's chin {coincidentally I met that woman...but she was drunk and hitting on a member of my reenacting crew that was only 14 at the time}), but before I could shave the thing off willingly, I had a cigar-lighting accident. Lit the cigar and lowered the match...but not enough. I smelled burnt hair, and suddenly realized I was on fire. By the time I shoved my face under the shower head, I had lost 4 inches of beard. The rest was an uneven mess of charred facial hair. I had to cut it down to 1.5" so it would look decent.

10. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Q. Why do men wear goatees?

A. Because it looks like they're getting laid.

11. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Wherein our hero confesses to using a safety razor in lieu of a straight razor.

12. de Vere

de Vere New Member

Given that I could care less about women just at this particular instant in time, I stick with a vandyke and don't fret over a bit of stubble. I also go with the electric razor, but mostly because I just don't see any reason not to - it seems to do a better job than any normal razor I've come across. I doubt I'd -ever- have the courage to shave with a straight razor though XD

13. Jungle Japes

I've used the same cologne since the 90's, Chrome Azzaro. I've thought about changing it up, but I can't seem to find anything else that doesn't make me gag. Besides, it's a very versatile aroma and I've gotten nothing but compliments. If it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

I curse the day Axe body spray was invented. Some guys seem to think it's okay to bathe with the stuff in lieu of showering.

14. Grossenschwamm

Any girl I knew who liked it admitted there were limits;
    Physical attractiveness, and
    Willingness to clean oneself.

A person can only cover up so much BO at once. Too many people aren't aware of their own limits.

15. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I seem to change cologne every time I get a new girlfriend. Mainly because the new one doesn't like whatever the last one liked, so buys me a different cologne as a present.

women r gay lol

16. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I did this for a very long time, since I let my incoming GF pick a cologne she liked. I've settled on the stuff I'm using at present, and won't be changing for awhile, regardless of female opinion (though, so far, it's all been positive).

Shaving cream; Col. Conk's Key Lime.

Toothpaste; Crest. Not sure which.

Mouthwash; Listerine, only the purple stuff.

Toothbrush; any hand operated one, since I never remember to buy a battery powered one.

Soap; I use Dial "gold" soap as both hand soap and body wash.

Shampoo; either Pantene Pro V or whatever dandruff shampoo is on sale.

Conditioner; Bumble & Bumble's Cocoa scented stuff.

Face wash; What am I, a 12 year old girl? Don't use none.

Deodorant; Dolce & Gabbana's The One Deodorant

Cologne: Dolce & Gabbana's The One Cologne

17. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

My hygeine kit includes but is not limited to...

Salt water: Mouthwash and aftershave. Body scrub, too, if you can swim in it.

Hair Clippers: Why shave when you can shear? This is all that stops me from being taken over by my beard every winter. Or, at least, it allows my escape in the spring.

When I need to shave properly I use soap and an antique heirloom shaving brush and bowl but no cut-throat razors, thanks! The difficulty isn't in using them but in keeping them sharp enough to use safely.

18. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Are you telling us that you gargle the sea?

19. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

20. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Then you drop a chainsaw from the top of a tall spiral staircase onto a fleeing prostitute, correct?

Our Host!