How/Where can you identify items?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Andkat, Aug 13, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Andkat

Andkat New Member

I recently resumed playing Arcanum after an absence of approximately a year, and found that in one of my old, unfinished saves, my character was in possession of an unidentified magic staff. I, in no mood to make a new character, resolved to resume this save. However, after selling the magick staff for about 200 gold, If found that the auto-identified version in the store was worth about 800 gold, which would probably translate into 100-200 gold more if sold identified by me. The probelm is, I have no idea as to where I can have items identified. I have tried the two major magick-based shops in Tarant and the Gypsy Seer by the docks, but none of them have the option to identify items. Can anyone explain to me as to where/how I may have my items identified?

2. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Outside the cities of Tarant, Shrouded Hills, Ashbury and Caladon, there are traders called "Wise Woman", where you have the option of identifying items. The Wise Woman in Tarant is down in the first right corner in Tarant, past the docks.

3. Andkat

Andkat New Member

D'oh, I completely forgot about them! Thanks for the help! :)

4. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

You're welcome, and hey, Welcome to TA as well.

5. floyd

floyd New Member

Sorry to bump this thread, but I have an extra question regarding this whole identifying business:

How do the identify scrolls work? I know I can get my stuff identified by the gypsies or by stealing Ristezze's key and selling the unidentified object to him (and stealing it back, heheh), but I can't figure out how the scrolls work.
    So, let's say I have one of those scrolls in my inventory together with an unidentified sword. Now, how do I go about this thing? Can anyone please explain, 'cause I just can't figure it out... :-?

6. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

You drag the spell over to the "hand" icon. However you'd be better off selling the scroll and use a fraction of the money you get to pay someone to identify for you.

Our Host!