How Does One Know They Installed the Unofficial Patch?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by GarmGarf, Aug 18, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. GarmGarf

GarmGarf New Member

I was playing Arcanum today, and I got mugged in Tarrant, so I killed the Orc muggers, and then walked the streets of the city until I arrived at the Panari Temple, and, well the wall of it was bugged (I could see through a section of it), and I could kinda see green bits of "data" or something, and a weird techno noise was playing every time I entered the Temple. Then I attempted to load my saved game, and the file was corrupted. I believe that I installed the official patch for that game.

So anyways, I had enough of that and I have just downloaded Drog Black Tooth's unofficial patch, but it was extremely quick to install it, and it didn't prompt me saying that it installed successfully or anything, and I am basicaly wondering how does one know for certain that it has been successfully installed?

Also, maybe the official patch didn't install properly, so how can I be certain that it installed successfully as well?

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

The method I use is, at the Crash Site, check the dead Ogre. His racial Icon will be crossed clubs.
    This is a restored item, so it makes a good indicator.

3. GarmGarf

GarmGarf New Member

Oh, thanks you very much!

Yes, I just tried out the game and the dead Ogre "pilot" had dual crossed clubs as his racial icon.

So does this mean that the unofficial patch is installed or just the official?

4. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

It means the unofficial patch is installed.

5. GarmGarf

GarmGarf New Member

Ahh cool!

Thanks for the help people!

Our Host!