How do you use Potions?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by BigYoda, Jul 29, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. BigYoda

BigYoda New Member

This will seem like a REALLY stupid question but I seem unable to use potions at all. I just don't know how to use them. Actually there is a LOT I can't do. I just bought the game this week for $20 but the shop had lost the manual so I am kind of in the dark. Is there anywhere I can download it? I have done a big search on the 'net for a place and the only one I have found is File Planet which is blocked here.

If anyone can help in any way it would be much appreciated as I am really stumbling through things at the moment.

Thanks from an utter new player.

2. SilverKing

SilverKing New Member

To use a potion, either place it in your quick-items slot (the bar across the top of the box that's always there, with lots of little empty squares) and then click on it (right click?), and your mouse should turn to a funny little blue one, which will allow you to cast it on someone. :) Welcome to Terra Arcanum's House of Lords. Oh, and the other way is to simply use it from your inventory. You do that by right clicking on the potion, and the clicking the "hole" in the upper left courner of the inventory screen where it shows the real-world view, then cast it on someone. :)

3. wdygfy

wdygfy New Member

or you can just drag the item to the hand to the right of the inventory area.
    Yoda if you give me an email address I'm sure I have a pdf or word copy copy of the arcanum manual I can send you. :deadly:

4. SilverKing

SilverKing New Member

Actually, don't bother, you can find the Arcanum Manuel here. It is the second one down on that list of things, simply click on it and it will download. :)

5. BigYoda

BigYoda New Member

Thanks a lot guys. Your answers were both very fast and very helpful. Great stuff. Now if I can just figure out what to do next in the game...

6. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

Alway's do what Magnus tell's you..... he's a dwarf. :)

7. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

And from now on, stop by every tavern Sogg mentions.

8. SilverKing

SilverKing New Member

and besure to stop by all of the sheep fields that Virgil suggests. :lol:

Our Host!