How do I get Mannox quest !!!??!!?!?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Raziell777, Feb 28, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Raziell777

Raziell777 New Member

I talked to that wiz' and historian in caladon panarii temple and nothing.I never had that dialogue option about mannox's tomb or that similiar.Then I went to Thantos,spoke to Nasrudin and went back in Caladon and AGAIN nothing!

2. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

Did you help the church archaelogist investigate Nasrudin's tomb?

3. Raziell777

Raziell777 New Member

4. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

You need to go back to Nasrudin's tomb and look everything over again. The clues are there you just have to find them:)

5. Raziell777

Raziell777 New Member

I know that too :smile:,I found that blood prints in Nasrudin's tomb....AND NOTHING!

6. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

7. Raziell777

Raziell777 New Member

8. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

In my worst Master Po imitation.

"Ah Grasshopper when you recognize the image put before you the path will be clear."

Well not really but it'll be a good start.
    IMHO this is the hardest puzzle in the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Otto Krupp on 2002-02-28 15:47 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Otto Krupp on 2002-02-28 16:29 ]</font>

9. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Make sure you've gotten EVERY dialogue option from the historian. Talk to him many times. He'll tell you what the bloody scribbling means.

10. Raziell777

Raziell777 New Member

I told them everything! And now when I click on them all I get is "goodbye".So,there is no dialogue options left....AND NOTHING!

11. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

12. Raziell777

Raziell777 New Member

13. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

If I understand which word Feldon's talking about you got it or you wouldn't have got inside Nasrudin's tomb.

Your on the quest as soon as you agree to help the church archaelogist. Don't know if it shows up in the quest log or not.

Have you talked to Alexander about all this?

Lastly go back and look at the coffin lid again, better yet hit F12 and take a screenshot. The screenshot will be in your Arcanum module folder. Like I said before once you recognize that image you'll be half way there:)

14. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

You get a word from the achaeologist to get into Nasrudin's Tomb. Explore the Tomb. Then go back and talk to the archaelogist AND the historian. The historian will give you the word you need to get into Mannox's Tomb.

15. Raziell777

Raziell777 New Member

I know! I've been given that quest by chruch wizard.He didn't gave me that word(you must have CH/persuasion high),but he told me that I can go there by sewer tunnels.And I went there,I killed all those zombies in sewers and,finaly,I entered into Nasrudin's tomb, took skeleton's skull and I saw that prints .
    Then I returned to wizard and he told me I must speak with achaeologist because because he hasn't got anything to say to me anymore.So, I talked with achaeologist and he told me that he found somekind of "strange clue" in ancient writtings(about Nasrudin-something about walking across water).And then he become speachless as well.And if click again on him all I get is "Farewell" or "Goodbye".Same with that wizard fellow.

......AND STILL NOTHING

16. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

What did the historian say when you told him about the writings in blood?

The NPC's don't really help you much on this one. And for the third(?) and last time when you recognize the image on the coffin lid you'll be half way there:)

Oh yeah BTW the NPC's don't know about Mannonx's tomb. If they did there wouldn't be a mystery to solve would there?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Otto Krupp on 2002-03-02 14:12 ]</font>

17. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

But you'll still need that special word from the historian to open Mannox's Tomb.

18. Lethran

Lethran New Member

I got stuck on this one before. It turned out I'd gotton the word, but didn't know it. If you don't pay really close attention, you can easily miss it. If neither twit will talk to you anymore, you may already have the word. You could try going to Roseborough and see if you can get into the tomb.

19. Raziell777

Raziell777 New Member

Can you tell me the coordinates of that mannox's tomb.I don't even have that tomb marked on my map(I mean Mannox's tomb).

20. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

Nope not gonna happen:)

You don't get it marked on the map because you have to find it. I really wish they would have put a lot more puzzles like this in the game.

Our Host!