Highschool of the Dead

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zanza, May 10, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Don't know who is an anime fan, I used to watch it when I was younger but not so much these days. Stumbled across Highschool of the Dead. Only seen the first episode but it seems to be alright, basically Dawn of the Dead located in a school. Plenty of upskirt shots of school girls too if that is what you like though I find it kind of unnecessary.

2. Kaitol

Kaitol New Member

Yeah, its definitely on the "more of a guilty pleasure" side of the spectrum. I only read part of the manga however, I think the anime is even moreso.

3. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Nothing like a warm cup of anime.

The
    part is
    though the
    thing sounds intriguing. Has been a while since the last time I satisfied my lust for zombie movies. *notes down title*

4. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Nothing like a warm cup of anime.

The

part is

though the

thing sounds intriguing. Has been a while since the last time I satisfied my lust for zombie movies. *notes down title*

5. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Nothing like the smell of warm anime in the morning.

The

part is

though the

6. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Zombies are always fun. If it gets to Netflix I may watch it.

7. TimothyXL

TimothyXL New Member

Dang, only 3 in a row. Nice going, Gross, 1 more and we'd've won.

8. Grossenschwamm

Psht. Whateva. I'm no follower of trends, I forge my own path in this crazy world.

9. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

10. Grossenschwamm

Grakelin, I wasn't arrested, or else I'd be in jail right now.

11. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Can be arrested and not thrown into jail.

12. Grossenschwamm

Being charged with a crime and being arrested are two separate things. In fact, one can be arrested and then not be charged with anything. I was not arrested, that's a different process. I will be arrested if I don't get booked or show up for my court date. They'll have a warrant out on me and actively search for me. But, I'm going to comply completely with the judicial process, be humble, and hopefully I'll get a small fine, as well as some court-mandated rehab time. However, I'm going to be in rehab before I even get to the hearing, and that means it will count towards time that would've been sentenced to me. Plus, I'll be on probation and that means random drug screenings. Hooray. Anyway, I wasn't arrested. Geez.

13. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Why were you brought up on charges? What court date? Usually if you skip a court date they don't actively search for you if it was a civil offense, you just get issued a bench warrant which is completely different from a regular arrest warrant.

14. Grossenschwamm

I was brought up on charges because the police confiscated two soapstone pipes that I made myself that just so happened to have THC residue in them.

15. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I love how innocent you make it sound, "just so happened". Remember why the coppers came in the first place.

16. Constipation

Constipation New Member

Must have missed the fun sounding story. Why did they come?

17. Grossenschwamm

The cops came because I tried to get high on incense and after doing so, felt high for 20 minutes then began to feel ill. I called poison control, they told me to call 911, the cops and an ambulance came, the cops asked if there was any more of what I smoked in the house, I said yes, told them where it was, and they found my pipes while searching for the incense. They even took a pipe I never used. However, they missed my bong and glass mushroom pipe.

18. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

Why is it illegal to use drugs? I honestly can't think of a reason in compliance with what is not illegal!

19. Grossenschwamm

Well, I know a part of the reason why cannabis is illegal is because an American tree-pulp tycoon didn't like that hemp could possibly replace trees as the principle ingredient of paper. Why he wouldn't just switch crops is beyond me. Also, during the time it was made illegal, little evidence was available as to the medical usefulness of marijuana. I think people should be allowed to choose their mode of recreation, be it via plants or activities, as well as their medicine of choice. There are strains of cannabis used for treating diabetes, for treating ADD, for treating neuropathy, as well as the uses for chemotherapy patients who can't eat normally. Cannabis also inhibits the growth of certain tumors, as well as allows AIDS patients who are wasting away to eat and maintain a healthy weight, thus improving their quality of life. I'm not saying pot is a panacea, but it is quite useful in treating many different ailments. The problem is the old laws. More people are hurt by them than protected. It's almost like prohibition of alcohol. Making laws that bar the use of a recreational substance create more problems than they prevent, make more crimes due to trafficking of the substance, and put otherwise innocent people in harm's way. Now, not everything should be legal, like cocaine or heroin, but base substances like cannabis or coca leaves or opium should be decriminalized. While the US does get money from arrests and subsequent charges related to drug use, it would get more money from government regulated sale of these drugs, despite their being cheaper due to competition with the street value. And, it'd be safer, since the substances would be regulated and grown under strict specifications.

20. Smuelissimo

Smuelissimo New Member

I don't see why these shouldn't be legal. All the same arguments about crime and regulation apply to them too.

And I think it's pretty obvious that the reason that cannabis is illegal is because it's easy to make something illegal, so politicians can make it seem like they are "doing something about the drug problem" without actually having to really DO anything.

The only reason they don't make alcohol and tobacco illegal is because too many people were already using them by the time their use became a political issue. Though even that didn't stop them trying it with alcohol for a while.

Our Host!