Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drizzt, Sep 15, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Drizzt

Drizzt New Member

I have a really bad bug. Every time I do something (ie move), I am asked if I want to quit. When moved to another map, the game automatically quits for me (whether I want to or not :(). I had this bug before and remember that I somehow fixed it, but that was a year ago.... I have somehow managed to corrupt all of my new save files with this bug, and the uncorrupted ones are either from another game or 30hrs back. I have already e-mailed Sierra but that will take two hundred thousand years before I get a reply. How do I :minigun: this bug?

2. Ct0fDiscord

Ct0fDiscord New Member

Did you just install the game and this happen? Or did you do any editing or add any modules?

And are you all patched up?

3. Milo

Milo New Member

I think that's the corrupted savegame bug, but I'm not sure anymore. It's been a long time since I've played. You could try reverting back to an older saved game and see if you have the same problem.

You could also try checking the support forums at the Sierra Arcanum Boards. Back when I was playing Arcanum and experiencing all the bugs, that was the best place to look for answers.

4. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

If you put the install disk in, one of the options will be repair. Try it. it might work. If not pached, patch.

5. Drizzt

Drizzt New Member

I will try the repair option. I have not just installed it and yes I use an editor. But, I remember solving this problem before. I can't remember though, but I do know it had something to do with saving a game.

6. Drizzt

Drizzt New Member

I haven't seen a repair option on the disc. I heard that if I patch it to 1.07.4 (or whatever that number was), my save games would say :puke: . Is there any alternative?

7. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

The Repair option should be in either the Install or Uninstall areas - if you still can't find it, go to Control Panel, click Add/Remove Programs, and then double click where it says "Arcanum" in the window that pops up. This will open yet another window - select "repair" (NOT uninstall) and "continue".
    I know this works with Windows 98 - good luck.

8. Drizzt

Drizzt New Member

I have ME. Also, thanks for the help. I loaded an older savegame and went all the the way to T'sen Ang. Now, I am ahead of my corrrupted saves, but next game I'll try it. Oh yeah! If I use an editor will it be rendered useless (not able to edit my games)?

9. Native Bug

Native Bug New Member

I got some thing like that it makes me go out of the game when i put in the houses and other stuff like that it sucks and it really bothers me.

Our Host!