help with modding the Arcanum module

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by darkllama, Feb 11, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. darkllama

darkllama New Member

okay, lately i have been working on a module, but earlier i tried editing the Arcanum module, but it only let me change terrain and put lights, and i could't add scripts or items or people. Does anyone know of a safe, simple way that i can go about editing the Arcanum module?

2. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

If you are using the 1.0.7.0 World Editor, it should let you add anything. I'm doing it right now. You do have to save your scripts in the Arcanum\Data\Srcipts directory for them to work and you also have to use an ID for them that is not currently in use. You also have to save them properly, but I'm guessing that you know how to do that. Did you extract the Arcanum map to your Arcanum\modules\Arcanum\maps directory before trying to edit it? If not, that is probably the source of your problem. If you did, I'm not sure what is going on, but if you are trying to see changes after you have edited Arcanum by playing it, you will probably have to delete all the temporary maps in the Arcanum\modules\Arcanum\maps directory with the names that have no extensions before you can see those changes take effect. It's the same thing as with editing prototypes - Arcanum has to "rebuild" things before you can see your changes in play.

Our Host!