Help- What is the best order to load Patches/HacksSoun/etc.?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Don Santiago de Quixos, Feb 14, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Don Santiago de Quixos

Don Santiago de Quixos New Member

Hello All,

I am trying to play the game again. I played it long ago twice, and I loved it. I played it jsut with the official patch. Now I want to try to play it again, and try it with new things. So, I have some questions, and they are are the following:

1) What gives more of the original content that was left out, the rroyo's A:WIP, or Drog's Unofficial patch- latest v091225? In other words - what would give the player a more complete playing experience of the game as it was originally intended.

2) Depending on the answer to question # 1: What is the best order to load things? I know that this may sound like a dumb question, but I want to do it right, and I tried things with the Unofficial patch, and I think I placed them out of order. So help me please. Is the best way to load things into my computer the following:

A) First load- Original Game
    B) Then the Official Patch 1.0.7.4.
    C) Then one of these: A:WIP or Unofficial patch ?

3) If I go with the Unofficial Patch (Drog's) - In what order should I put the High Quality Townmaps and the High Resolution Patch 1.1a?

4) Music: What is the best way to do this, the Lossless, or MP3? And where in this sequencing list of loading should it fall?

5) Finally, and this may not work at all: What would allow me some freedom to have more character points: The Virgil Cheat (and which one- I found 2) or the level cap remover, or the up to 127 level one? And are any of these compatible with rroyo's A:WIP and/or Drog's Unofficail Patch?

I appreciate any help.

My plan is to re-install the game. Place the Official Patch. Load the Unofficial patch. Place the High Quality Townsmaps, then do the High Resolution patch. Then do the universal cap remover v0.0.1.

Maybe put in the New Loading Screens, and maybe add some of the new portraits. And add some new backgrounds.

Do you guys think that this plan will work?

Thanks,

Don Santiago de Quixos

2. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

1.0.7.4 patch > UAP > (Universal Level Cap Remover) > High Resolution Patch (basically, just make sure that the HR patch is the last one to modify Arcanum.exe, else its backup/uninstall system will undo all your further changes)

HQ Townmaps, HQ Music and other mods can be installed anytime.

3. Don Santiago de Quixos

Don Santiago de Quixos New Member

Our Host!