Help me make a Foolish Decision

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkFool, Apr 12, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

What should I get?

1. Arcanum Logo

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. Haley from OOTS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Baldur's Gate Skull

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. IWD Logo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. NWN Eye

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. Flaming Fist

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Dark Fool

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Heh. Shitty pun. Anyway. I'm getting tattooed at the end of the month, and can't quite decide on what to do. Provided is a list of possible tattoos, and no, dammit, Muro is not an option. Below is an explanation of each.

• Arcanum Logo: The magic symbol inside the gear, unless someone can propose something better.
    • Haley from Order Of The Stick: One of my favorite characters from one of my favorite webcomics who happens to be my favorite class and is an archer, which is my astrological sign. Boom! That's deep.
    • Baldur's Gate Skull. This game got me into gaming, and still reigns as one of my favorites.
    • IWD Logo (tree inside square). Another of my favorite of games, and one I replay every year or two.
    • NWN eye. NWN & 2 are, in my opinion, two of the greatest games to be released in recent years.* Plus then DE & I would have matching tattoos.
    • Another Baldur's Gate reference, and by far one of my favorite organizations from Faerun.
    • That's right. I'd tattoo a skeleton jester, emblematic of myself, on myself.
    • Your Idea. If you truly suggest something cool enough in a similar vein as these ideas, I will give serious thought to getting it inked.
    Oh, and if you really want your idea to win, I'll message you my paypal, and you can contribute to the funds to get my ink done.

*I ignore all games until they're ~4-5 years old.

2. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

My mom once told me, "I don't know anybody my age who is just SO glad they got that tattoo 20 years ago."

3. werozzi

werozzi Member

Well, my mother is proud of the tattoos she got 20 years ago...
    Anyway, as a suggestion you could get a Morte from PS:Torment, or muro... hehe.
    however, i'll vote for the Arcanum logo, because if you ever get to dislike Arcanum you'll till have a nice symbol on your arm.
    Post a picture once and if you get it.

4. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

Anything but Haley. She's not cool and she would probably be awful as a tattoo, mainly because it's stick figure. I'd go with symbols, if you're really sure you want a tattoo.

Otherwise, a small Babel-fish just behind your ear would be pretty awesome, if you're into H2G2. It's also quite easy to hide, in case of job interview.

5. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

6. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Re:

On his penis? (granted, it wont be massive, but a penis on a penis and so forth)

7. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

I'm throwing my vote in with Japes' "Nope" suggestion. Mostly because I'm not a fan of tattoos.

8. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Get a tattoo that says "tattoo" in black ink - people will respect you for it.

Honestly I'd go for the jester, but not the one that is your avatar as I don't think that'd make a good tattoo. Unlike the game symbols you wouldn't have to explain what it meant either, which might get bothersome with time. Also, get it on your face.

9. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

...is what I wanted to submit the moment I read the first post, but of course it has been already suggested.

10. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

11. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Re:

Penis alike?

12. DarkFool

Re:

Well, I already have one, and I intend to get more, so, votes in the "don't get a tattoo" column will be disregarded. My grandfather had tattoos on his arms from when he was in the service (some meaningful, some not), and wasn't shy about them until the grandchildren were born (the influence of my grandmother, I'd wager). I don't flaunt my ink, but I do love it, and am proud of it.

So, Arcanum logo is winning, as I imagined it would be. Follow up discussion: Where should I get it?*

*It will not go anywhere near any of my genetalia, or on my ass.

13. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I always figured right shoulder blade. Best place for a penis and cog tattoo.

14. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

It's interesting to hear you haven't completely vetoed the possibility of getting it on your face. As a side point, what's the other tattoo?

15. werozzi

werozzi Member

If you want to go masochist and wear a glove everytime you go to work or social stuff, I'd say that a tattoo on the back of the hand would look good, especially Arcanum logo.

16. DarkFool

Re:

That's actually pretty close to where I was thinking of getting the gear/magic symbol. My roommate (who tends to be a viable authority on almost all things Me) suggested between my shoulder blades, and I think I'm going to go with that.

At some point I think I want to get the NWN Eye tattooed on the back of my hand in white ink, but I've other designs to do first.

17. DarkFool

Three of you thought I should get a skeleton jester tattooed on me? Really?

...yeah, maybe I'll do that too, some day.

18. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I'm all for the Arcanum logo on the basis of it being a cool symbol more so than the game to be honest.

Not inked myself nor do I plan to be but if you want to go for it how big do you want it? that will affect where it will look best. On your entire back as a huge tattoo is a lot different to a small tattoo on a portion of your back after all.

19. DarkFool

Re:

I'm thinking 3 or 4" diameter, between my shoulder blades.

20. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Personally I think between the shoulder blades looks tacky. Of course my only experience has been with girls bent over during sex so I guess if your man doesn't mind staring at it then go nuts!

Our Host!