(Help!) How to become a firearms master?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Asmodey, Jul 19, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Asmodey

Asmodey New Member

2. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Sigh.....

In the demo you can't. You can only become an expert in firearms. Now, chances are your player the ISO version so I'll make this really ez to understand. Anyone who posts a reply will have their post deleted.

Do you know why?

Because there are ppl that believe in paying for games, and not stealing something that some ppl worked very hard on. The good ppl at T-A also believe this, and they don't want the game ruined before its even released.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But

Even if this site is regulated I know of other sites that contains spoiler for the "full-game" if u search Hard Enough........

How can one beat the Internet?

4. Skorpios

Skorpios New Member

Conscience anyone?

You can't beat the internet, you just have to try to live up to the ethical guidelines you have set for yourself.

Personally I have enjoyed the development process of Arcanum too much to turn my back on the very friendly and accessible Troika Team and invalidate all their hard work by downloading a pirate version of the game.

Think of something very precious to you that you have worked on for a long time (a work of art, a car, a relationship) and then imagine someone stealing it and ruining it for you. Would you feel hurt? Angry? That is how Troika are feeling right now, everytime someone copies Arcanum.

I don't thinnk playing a game (even a game as good as Arcanum) is worth hurting and upsetting someone that much, so I'm willing to wait for the official release.

5. xavier

xavier New Member

I think downloading stuff for review purposes is ok, as long as you go and buy the games you really play a lot. Of course, not everyone does that, most of the people just stick with the pirate copies. I've been doing this for quite a few years, and I have a bookcase half full of purchased games. Then again, I only get interested in three or four game per year, so I dont even have to spend a big buck, but anyway.

I understand the policy of T-A, and I think it's a bit akward to post stuff in a site like this about a game that hasn't been released yet. A great deal of people here at the forums seem to have the ISO version allready, but I believe it is polite to stick with the demo issues as it is.

And all of you with the ISO... go get the game as soon as it hits the shelves of your local game dealer :wink: Games like this deserve all the support there is!

6. Jubei_TRZ

Jubei_TRZ New Member

You can't possibly compare a copy of a game
    to a car. If you have the ability to create another duplicate of your Ferrari in say 3 minutes and and still sell it you wouldn't be too upset now would you? And the thing with pirates is that companies don't lose clients, pirates wouldn't buy the game anyway they just won't play it at all if it's not pirateable. I mean I respect the hard work that ppl put into creating games
    but they're just too damn expensive here. That's Estonia. Yes now you have to look it up in your atlas. Tough luck.

7. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Jubei.

Why do you think the games are expensive?

I'll tell you why. There are pirates out there that doesn't pay for the games that they play. There is a cost involved in making a game. The cost is in time and money. Everyone working on Arcanum have spent the better ´part of 3 years to supply us with a game that they hope we will like. In this time they need to eat, they need a place to sleep and so on. In short, they get paid.

If those pirates bought the games they companies that make them will sell more and break even much more faster. There is always a development cost involved when you create something new.

If the pirates don't intend to pay for the game, they should be playing it.

Let me ask you this. What if you spent three years in making something. You poured in a lot of your own money into the project and just when you were about to put it on the market, you'll see that there are another product out there. Almost as good as your. It might have a few minor faults, but the user doesn't care. They got it cheap.

Wouldn't that make you somewhat mad? Would you like to track down those that provide the market with this product and just hurt them?

/PeeCee

8. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Jubei.

Why do you think the games are expensive?

I'll tell you why. There are pirates out there that doesn't pay for the games that they play. There is a cost involved in making a game. The cost is in time and money. Everyone working on Arcanum have spent the better ´part of 3 years to supply us with a game that they hope we will like. In this time they need to eat, they need a place to sleep and so on. In short, they get paid.

If those pirates bought the games they companies that make them will sell more and break even much more faster. There is always a development cost involved when you create something new.

If the pirates don't intend to pay for the game, they should be playing it.

Let me ask you this. What if you spent three years in making something. You poured in a lot of your own money into the project and just when you were about to put it on the market, you'll see that there are another product out there. Almost as good as your. It might have a few minor faults, but the user doesn't care. They got it cheap.

Wouldn't that make you somewhat mad? Would you like to track down those that provide the market with this product and just hurt them?

/PeeCee

9. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Sorry about the double post. Got a little carried away there.

/PeeCee

10. Calis

Calis Member

You know, PeeCee, you *could* have just deleted one of them yourself. :smile:

11. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

You go PeeCee. I have to start limiting my post so as soon as i reach 300 i can only post 5 times a day.

12. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Calis.

Thanks for the tip. Don't know how tho. The double post was a mistake. I'll try not to make it happen again.

/PeeCee

13. Calis

Calis Member

PeeCee,

You can just press "edit", it has an option for deletion there, but only up to 20 minutes after you originally post a message.

14. Jubei_TRZ

Jubei_TRZ New Member

Do you honestly think that if more ppl would
    buy the game the price would drop? I don't.

And as for your other question, I'd be thinking WTF did I do wrong that the other
    guy got his stuff out faster. Not too good
    of an example from you. And a little bit off
    topic, some games that are out there are such
    s**t that if I had actually bought them, I'd
    go and torch the company. And don't tell me
    there are demos and stuff, what if I don't have Internet? What if I go to a store look
    at the pretty box and decide to buy it? Go home and discover it's the crappiest piece
    of crap ever written. Then what?

15. Calis

Calis Member

Guess what Jubei,

That's no excuse to ask for spoilers on this forum when other people are still waiting for the LEGIT release of the game. Now stop this or I'll bring Saint P into this thread. :smile:

16. Jubei_TRZ

Jubei_TRZ New Member

Oh OK whatever. And I'm betting there are few
    who are waiting for it and a lot who are not.
    I mean why the hell would someone delay the
    release of a game for 3 months? And in case
    you didn't notice, it's the NON-pirates that suffer. I'm not picking a fight or anything
    I'm just conversing. I thought that that's
    what forums are for.

17. Calis

Calis Member

Dude,

Fuck off.

I'm not in a mood to discuss warez with you as you obviously haven't bothered to check up on ANYTHING you're claiming, and I'm in even less of a mood to let you ask for and/or post spoilers before the game is out. So get with the program or have the distinct honor of being the first person to be banned by me.

18. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Hmmmmmmm...

HAPPY 200TH POST CAILS

Hehe, This is my 300th useless post!

Now I'm on the 5 a day diet...

19. colonel_mortimer

colonel_mortimer New Member

Calis, I believe you ought to calm down just a little. It's not good for you. Warezers arn't worth it. :smile: :grin:

20. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Calis, can you make it into asterisk instead although the people who probably be in here should be 17+ according to the game box.

Jubei, I think they delay the game that long for a world wide release as shipping to some countries takes too long. Of course, this was their intention even if there are delays in Europe.

Our Host!