Help, Bunkie declared war on me!

Discussion in 'CyberNations Archive' started by DarkUnderlord, Oct 7, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

No - not like that. But when we go to war on behalf of someone (that means you, DU) and that nation suddenly drops out of the fighting, leaving us looking stupidly into the middle distance, our platoon commander prefers to make us get peace.

In that case, if the target is cranky, we poor fighters can be ordered to pay reparations to persuade the target to grant peace.

It's that damn valkyrie that messed everything up in this case, effectively bumping you out of the war and leaving us stranded without a cause to fight for.

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Well point that out to you Commander. DU isn't fighting because he can't declare war.

3. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

I've posted that at the war thread, but Plat Cmdr seems to've gone to bed (*). I've PM'd valkyrie about whether s/he has in fact attacked after declaring, but no response yet.

(*) He had a rough night, after our latest war heroes (decorated by him!) almost mutinied and went semi-rogue...

4. mathboy

mathboy New Member

What should I do? My nation can't receive foreign aid for a couple of more days, and I have no army. I dont want to collect my taxes (2000) because that means I lose a lot of money. Should I wait for 2 days until I can get aid again and hope I survive?

5. Maximus

Maximus New Member

6. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

I asked command yesterday whether the war was still on from our side but had no response. Then Bunkie attacked valkyrie: killed 104, lost 84. Valkyrie then apparently counter-attacked, but managed to post only the result ("Your forces fought bravely" etc) but no figures. No response to my PM, but then again I don't even get the battle PMs anymore (something seems broken).

So I plunged in to avenge valkyrie, killing 74 while losing 26. I captured 0.386 miles, destroyed 1.737 infra, lost $136.32.

My screen has since updated to show Bunkie with 139 troops for a total of 392 supporters. His "strong self reliant nation" is now down to strength 132.178 - less than half of mine.

7. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Keep pounding him while you can. Mathboy is severely weakened at the moment and can't accept any more foreign aid. If we can keep Bunkie in Anarchy and losing soldiers he's eventually going to run out of money and (hopefully) won't be able to collect much in taxes. That'll buy us some time to build up mathboy and get him into a better situation to either help with the fight or call it a day without losing mathboy.

My foreign aid slots have started to open up too. Just say the word and I'll send you as many soldiers or money as I can.

8. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

Nah, don't need anything now.

I actually had too many troops yesterday (made my people nervous) so the battles were only good for me: the slight losses and the land taken shifted my stats back to a happy population!

9. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

And people say war makes the populace restless.

10. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

Well I fucked up and now am on -1.78 happyness and am in Anarchy for the next few days.

11. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

tough shit...hate anarchy, collected only 1/4 of my taxes first day of the war....

12. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I failed at completing Maximus' tactic, even though I was awake, I missed the update. And the update is sometime about 3 hours after midnight, so I can't do it today since I have school tomorrow.

But tomorrow, I have two aid slots, so could you gather aid together, I would prefer if it was one offer with just money, to pay of my bills (about 700 now that I don't have any expensive soldiers to pay for, so 1000 would be enough, but more'd be nice so I could buy some stuff myself too) and one with infra, tech and soldiers.

13. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

My platoon commander just warned me that Bunkie has restocked his troops. He now has 211 troops for 464 total supporters, so I guess he's not going to give in just yet.

math boy: I thought update was 7 in the morning for us?

14. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

15. mathboy

mathboy New Member

That's even worse then. I need sleep!

By the way, I misread my aid page, it's the 19th I'm beginning to be able to get aid.

16. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

17. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

Brief (possible) warning: could the GC handle Bunkie by themselves for a day? I haven't participated in my GATO war since the 13th, and might have to put up a show there. (Unless the others take him down first, in which case I'll try a raid and switch back to Bunkie.)

18. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

Fresh double-post to celebrate the pwnage of my best damn attack yet:
    Poor little Bunkie is now in Anarchy, with -13 soldiers for 237 supporters, so could someone please give him a raid before he restocks?

19. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

I would if I could but I can't. :( I so want to pwn him. I so do. All we've got in the battle though is mathboy. The other slots are taken up by you and your ally. Mathboy's fucked up right now, so that only leaves Valkyrie of Tylenol, your GATO ally. I presume he's actually doing *some* fighting with Bunkie or is he just there for show?

20. Maximus

Maximus New Member

If mathboy has any troops to deploy, he can send a small platoon in (even just 10 soldiers, though I'd recommend 100) and raid him, though not more than 50% of your troops! Pay him back for putting you in anarchy.

Our Host!