Help, Bunkie declared war on me!

Discussion in 'CyberNations Archive' started by DarkUnderlord, Oct 7, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. mathboy

mathboy New Member

All right, I'm accepting peace for 1000 with Spinner and accepting the foreign aid to attack Bunkie.

What should I do with the money I get? Just pay the bills, or buy something?

2. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

First troops (and infra if you need "room" for the troops), then perhaps some tech if possible. Or just do the bills if you're set.

Don't keep more cash than possibly needed for the next bills around, to avoid the enemy stealing it in battle. Just ask Maximus - I lost $0.96 to Bunkie today... Wonder how many troops he'll get for that?

3. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

you have to pay bills to be able to buy anything, so pay the bills sounds good:p

4. mathboy

mathboy New Member

What do you mean by "room"? My population seems really pissed at my army, should I buy infra then?

5. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

I don't remember the formula right now, but there's a roof beyond which the peasants will get angry at your excessive army (heh), and I'm pretty sure there's also a top roof at which you can't buy more troops.

You can avoid either/both by buying some infra, which gets you more land & peasants, thus raising both roofs.

If you're getting my drift.

6. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Yup, there's a top roof:

7. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Alright, judging from the amount you've received, buy one level of tech and dump the rest into infra. If you've got anything left over, maybe add it into land so you get to $0.

Now declare war on bunkie and shove him into anarchy. Spuddy and DU have him right there... he just needs a little push!

Post your results here soldier. :D

8. mathboy

mathboy New Member

FUCK:
    I get out the 13th.

Thanks for the aid by the way, I needed it.

9. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

Remember to try an attack directly after update - first one gets a free raid! (I'll race you for it, if I ever figure out when update is in my time...)

No, wait - are YOU in anarchy, mathboy? If so, how'd that happen?

10. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Deploy soldiers. Max amount of course (hmm, wonder why it is red), YOUR CITIZENS HAVE REBELLED!

11. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

Nonononono...

Next time, and here's a thought, don't do that...

Remember the underdog thing, if nothing else.

Now, time to lock and load and teach the flipping peasant rebels a lesson, eh? (I don't really know how that works, but I'm assuming you're not permanently kicked out of math country?)

12. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Only until tomorrow, I did the mistake when I was going to attack Spinner for the first time.

13. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Here's the rule I'd recommend, 50% troop deployment. That way if they come back to fight you, you've still got enough forces to defend yourself.

Change your gov type at update and then finish him off, assuming he doesn't rebuild before then.

14. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

My hobby war just ended because the chicken ran to seek shelter with some less scrupulous alliance and we were ordered to back off.

All resources diverted to the War on Perfidy.

Would that it had been so. After hours of confusing diplomacy, we have now been ordered to finally dismantle the hobby war and so I am now at long last free to concentrate on Bunkie.

Will get a few hours of sleep first, so don't freak out if I'm not charging across the border in exactly 5hrs 9mins.

See you at the looting.

15. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Not yet no. He seems to be on around 5 hours before update. My concern is he's still got 3,000 in cash and he's not in Anarchy yet, so it's just a small matter for him to buy more troops and make all our work yesterday for naught. That's why I was hoping mathboy or Vyenna could attack him, push him into Anarchy and take some of his cash. I see Sylvara is in anarchy though too until next update.

Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

Yeah. You can accept a boat load of soldiers in foreign aid though. That's why my population's been so unhappy the last few days. I had 600 soldiers to my population of 180. It's only been yesterday since my attacks on Bunkie and losses to him that my soldier count has finally dropped below my citizen count and my happiness has risen above 0.

16. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Yep, I'm afraid I'm in anarchy for three more days. No war declarations for me...

17. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I forgot to change to DEFCON 1. Too bad.

18. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

As I PM:ed Max in-game (he seemed interested in such things):

My responses were... lacklustre? Or at least strangely small-scaled compared to his: I killed 27 of his while losing 15 of mine. I also captured 0.225 miles and destroyed 1.359 infra, while leaving $133.63 in stuff.

So, the day's results:
    Bunkie lost 181 men and $510.10
    Spuddy lost 167 men and $133.63

Spuddy earned 14 men and $376.47, plus land and infra. Also, my taxes brought in enough to leave me better off than before Bunkie's raids.

-----------------

Didn't even notice it at first, but unless someone attacked Bunkie in the last few minutes, I took him down to Anarchy! He's only got 67 soldiers for 420 supporters, and should be ripe for next update unless there's someone available to raid him now.

19. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

He's got 5 soldiers left now! Damnit, 5!

Battle #1
    • :. Battle Perfidy
      Attacking Nation: Iboloral (DarkUnderlord)
      Attacking Soldiers: 93
      Attacking Tanks: 0
      Attacking Technology: 3.88
      Attacking Land Area: 16.139
      Attacking DEFCON: 1
      Attacking Money: $269.88
      Battle Odds: 50% Chance of Victory

Defending Nation: Perfidy (Bunkie)
      Defending Soldiers: 67
      Defending Tanks: 0
      Defending Technology: 1.99
      Defending Infrastructure: 32.61
      Defending Land Area: 22.097
      Defending DEFCON: 1
      Defending Money: $4,153.30
      Battle Odds: 50% Chance of Victory

Battle Outcome: Victory
      Iboloral Casualties: 14 soldiers / 0 tanks
      Perfidy Casualties: 42 soldiers / 0 tanks
      Battle Details: Your soldiers were triumphant and decisively defeated your enemy in this battle. Your soldiers owe their lives to your hard work as their leader. In your victory your forces captured 0.216 miles of land from Perfidy. They also destroyed 1.305 infrastructure within Perfidy. There was no technology stolen in this battle. The value of your equipment abandoned in the battle was $0.00. Your forces looted $290.73 from the nation of Perfidy.

Battle #2
    • :. Battle Perfidy
      Attacking Nation: Iboloral (DarkUnderlord)
      Attacking Soldiers: 79
      Attacking Tanks: 0
      Attacking Technology: 3.88
      Attacking Land Area: 16.355
      Attacking DEFCON: 1
      Attacking Money: $560.61
      Battle Odds: 58% Chance of Victory

Defending Nation: Perfidy (Bunkie)
      Defending Soldiers: 19
      Defending Tanks: 0
      Defending Technology: 1.99
      Defending Infrastructure: 31.31
      Defending Land Area: 21.881
      Defending DEFCON: 1
      Defending Money: $3,862.57
      Battle Odds: 42% Chance of Victory

Battle Outcome: Victory
      Iboloral Casualties: 21 soldiers / 0 tanks
      Perfidy Casualties: 13 soldiers / 0 tanks
      Battle Details: Many of your soldiers lives were lost in this battle, even more than your enemy, but at the end of the battle your army was victorious. In your victory your forces captured 0.207 miles of land from Perfidy. They also destroyed 1.252 infrastructure within Perfidy. There was no technology stolen in this battle. The value of your equipment abandoned in the battle was $0.00. Your forces looted $309.01 from the nation of Perfidy.
    Oh yeah baby! My soldiers are finally at a happy level! All I have to do now is drop to DEFCON 5 before update and collect the $20,000.68 in taxes that are due. Today is a happy day for the nation of Iboloral.

Then after update I can collect again, return to DEFCON 1, buy some more soldiers and blow that bugger away.

20. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

Not if I get there first!

4½ hours 'til update...

(Oh, have to edit in a hearty congrats as well! Bunkie's been pounded good and proper. Next we'll keep him in anarchy and raid his shit all week long.)

Our Host!