Help About Defensive Outfit (After two new commander chars)

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Phadech, Apr 17, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Phadech

Phadech New Member

Lords, I've focused on pure commander characters and searched for items that grant maximum damage resistance, armor class and other resistances (for self, not for followers). The chars are almost invulnerable to ANY attack and only the followers attack the enemies.

I've decided to use:

-Basic Machined Plate
    -War Gauntlets (later on, the gauntlets from Vendrigoth ruins, sorry I forgot the name:()
    -War Boots
    -Tempered Shield (From Richard in Stillwater)
    -Chapeu of Magnetic Inversion (From Liam's mother in Blackroot)
    -Schematic from the Stonecutter Clan and required expertise
    -Additional useful expertise/schematics (eg. charged ring)
    (THESE ARE FOR THE TECH CHAR)

-Arcane Robes
    -Arcane Rings (2)
    -Arcane Gauntlets
    -Arcane Helm
    -Arcane Boots
    -Stillwater Blade (sometimes Sword of Defense for even more AC)
    -Shield of Force
    -Summoning spells (from necromantic black, nature and summoning collages)
    -Some support spells like shield of protection, hardened hands, weaken, etc. (Shield of Protection is useful for self too)
    -High IN for maximum spells (For keeping summoned allies around)
    (THESE ARE FOR THE MAGICAL CHAR)

and:
    -Maxed DEX (For maximum AC, 16 for the tech excluding charged rings' bonus)
    -Maxed dodge
    -Maxed CH (For maximum followers)
    -20 CON (For poison immunity, 19 for the magical excluding N'Tala's bonus)
    (THESE ARE FOR BOTH CHARS)

For both tech and magic chars, I have powerful allies like Pure Melee-Dodge ones (Gar, Sogg, Chukka, Loghaire Thunderstone, etc.) or ones with specific auto level schemes (Magnus, etc.). Also, I have healer allies for myself and allies. (Virgil, mechanised arachnids and the lady in Dernholm for my tech party; Virgil, Raven and Dante for my magical party)

These items and spent CP's seem to limit offensive power significiantly but believe me :D it doesn't matter because of the mighty allies. Any suggestions/comments?

2. Solaris

Solaris New Member

For a tech:
    Consider learning Therapeutics. Jayna makes elixirs for ST,DX and PE boost, and you can find a Muscle maker schematics in the Stonecutter clan, but by adding a couple more elixirs (Revitalizer and Energiser) and getting a combined effect of all this you can make your followersmore powerful than ever. Besides, once you have learned Therapeutics, Jayna is much less important and you can replace her with a better fighter once she makes enough poison antidotes. Virgil or arachnid can do the healing.
    Use grenades. Even if you don't want ANY blood on your hands, you can still make it easier for your followers by using stun and flash grenades.

For a mage:
    Shield of Force isn't the best. The Screaming shield from Roseborough blacksmith gives 10AC more than SoF. The Arcane shield gives more resistances, which is more important than AC once you use Shield of Protection.
    Summoning spells from Necromantic black aren't good. I suggest either Guardian ogres from Summoning, or Succour beast from Stillwater blade (doesn't need FT!!!) if your MA is high.
    Learn Stun or Flash. Entangle is also good.

For both: How about Master prowling? Conceal in combat- and no one will even see you, let alone attack you.

3. Phadech

Phadech New Member

Prowling is a good idea. Also thanks for the item tips.

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Prowling is based off perception, and the only other skills which uses it are Firearms and Spot Traps I believe. Of course, a 20 perception means you don't need the Wheel Clan glasses to see the entrance to the Wheel Clan, and the invisible monsters in Tulla also become visible, but those are the only applications for the bonus.

5. Canis

Canis New Member

What what whaaaaaat??? Invisible monsters in Tulla? What invisible monsters in Tulla? You mean those guardian cat-like thingies? They're invisible?

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Okay, you know how you can take the quest to become a Master in one of the schools of magick? On at least one of those quests, there's invisible monsters. Possibly in the School of Illusion or whatever it's called (I forget), and maybe others, but if not in Illusion then it's in one of the other Schools' quests.

7. backstabber

backstabber New Member

the fun in this game is to have action, if you have a invincible char, its not fun. anyways i can just use a fatigue-damaging weapon and slowly beat the crap out of you.

Our Host!