Help a Collector!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by FourHorsemen, Feb 22, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

I've hacked up a character with MAX META and MENTAL magic and have embarked on a mission to collect one of Arcanum's oft-ignored treasures...WOMEN!!!!

No...its not that I don't have a life or anything like that...but I just thought it would be funny to make up a squad of Femme Fatales and try to build them up somewhat.

I've yet to talk to Gilbert Bates about the ring have a healthy collection of about 30 chicks....I also gave myself level 5 on all the skills so I could access Master Quest specific characters....

But I seem to have run into a problem as Two of the women I had managed to sucessfuilly control seem to have flown the coop (missing)!

- Lady Druella: After killing sir Garrick I Took her mentally but as sson as I left Dernholm she vanished...

- The halfling wife kidnapped by the Gun Gang in the Firearms master quest...same as above.

Anyone have any cliues or ideas as to how I can get around this?

In case Anyone is ineterested here are the ones I have so Far:

Named Females
    ------------------
    Gladys
    Lianna Del Par
    Sarah Toone
    Mrs. Cameron
    Bunny
    Clarissa Shalmo
    Miranda Tears
    The Elven Herbalist from Shrouded Hills
    Jayna Stiles
    Laura (necklace thief)
    Cassandra Pettibone
    Mrs. Garrinsborough
    Bank Teller from SH
    Wise Woman (SH)
    Woman in yellow in the Bar (BR)
    Herbalist (BR)
    Train Conductor (BR)
    Madamme Toussade
    Dolores Beston

Plus a few "generic" females who like wander around the place

2. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

You're a very sick person.

3. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

4. Xz

Oh btw, get Madam Lil, and her "collagues".

5. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I think the quest related characters disappeared because they were exactly that, quest related. Oh! Be sure to get all of the female tribe on the Island of Doom :)

6. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Will do on both counts (Madam Lil and THe Island of Doom Girls)

However there is a bit of a snag....

if I take any women while in combat mode, I can't get them to follow ithe instruction WAIT HERE. Which is pretty siginifiocant cos when I reach about 7 forced followers, the game slows down quite a tad.

but I'm thinking that maybe....maybe...I can lure them away one at a time to a point where they're far enough away from the group that I can nail them with Dominate Will.

Another option I'm looking into is finding cursed items that poison or damage you and pickpocket equip them on them so they die "on their own"

I wonder...Can one use Telekenisis to push a corpse...cos if I can it'll make this that much easier for me.

7. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Update:

I have pretty much completed every quest in thegame and have successfully coralled about 80% of the women in Shrouded Hills:

- I left all female shopkeepers alone cos I pretty much need them, well maybe not the Clothing shop ones....but its a pain in the butt trying to find Elegant Dresses or Sunday Best Dresses so I might just leave theme there. Herbalists I also left alone wit the exception of the girl from Shrouded Hills and Blackroot. Gonna leave the rest cos having to go all the way to the Wheel Clan for herbs is a pain in the butt as well.

- Before you ask WHY would he need herbalism if he hackup up a character? Simple answer: some women have 20 or 21 willpower and need a nice dose or two os Muscle Builder in order to become "dominatebale".

- Managed to score the 5 female Spell Masters from Tulla as well as 5 Students of Magic who wander outside.

- Managed to get all the "wandering females" from all the towns, including the gnome and halfling ones, who I use as Item holders for every distinct grouping I make in SH.

- Got all the female ticket agents. can't use train now but I got teleport, who needs them :p

- A lot of the women were not "takeable" like the Women's camp women on the IOD, even if i tried to take one of them before Loria, they would still not follow the "wait here" command which to me makes them discardable. Women who fell into this category included:

1) The WOmen from the camp on IOD (except for Loria)

2) The WOmen from the orgy in Stillwater

3) Female Barbarians at Kree

4) Female prisoners iin the Dernholm Pits

5) Female at the Elven Burial Ground

6) Femal Gun Gang Member from Ashbury

Can Anytone think of anyone I might have missed out on?

8. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Well I think at this stage I have gotten all the "gettable" women in the game, including Halflings and Gnome women who I use as porters or squires.

I have devided them as such:

1) Technocrats -Women with decent Tech level or who know at least one schmatic (8 overall)

2) Ragin Mages - Women with magic skills. (over 20, includes Female MAster Mages from Tulla).

3) Undressable Warriors - NPC women who have a set character sprite and cannot wear armor (8 i think, mostly Elves and Dark Elves)

4)Undressable NPCS - NPC Women who are'nt really of much use (yellow dressed females, red dressed females).

5) Berzerkers - Women with high Melee and Dodge.

6) Healers - Herbalists

7) Cannon Fodder - Low Melee or dodge

8 ) Arrow Fliers - Decent Bow Skill

9) Gunners - Good Firearms skill

10) Slappers - Named Women who are pretty much usless

11) Ho's - Nameless women who are pretty much useless

12) Poontangs - Madam Lil and her 4 beauties

9. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    13) Ovine Beauties - Belle, 'Ol Bessie

10. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

11. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

You are far too interested in graphical sex.

12. Xz

Maybe it's not the graphichs itself, maybe it's just the sheep... :p

13. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Nope....what I was actually going for was a Charlie's Angles type setup where I would have my group of spies to do my dirty work.

Anyway...I think I managed to get all the Cooperative or coerceable women...

14. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

You have too much free time on your hands.

15. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

YOu have no idea how much.....

One fun thing I might try next is the old Beastmaster idea (nott what you sickos might be thinking) by doing the same thing, only using animals instead of humanoid followers.

The main drawback being that controled animals won't obey WAIT HERE COMMANDS and can't carry anything so encumbrance is gonna be an issue

16. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Oh my...

What kinda friggin' perv monster have you set loose in Arcanum?

(Thumbs up for you!)

17. Baal

Baal New Member

Ahhh… someone who loves dominating the minds of the world just like me.

Suggestion if you can’t talk to them, leave them alone. There the ones you can’t tell to wait in a cave somewhere.

If you cast enchantments on them then leave them in a cave for a wile the graphics of the enchantments will go away but not the effect. Hence give them all you’ve got, leave them, and behold when you come back BITCH ALL MIGHTY!! All though this works best on animals witch can get 100+ DR.

18. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

I tried doing the "Beast Master" Gig alright.....it was fun running around with Tigers and Bears......

...as for the WOmen I think I have gotten all I could at this stage.....If'm thinking of leading them out in groups (starting with the weakest) and cleaning out towns....hopefully get to the VOID with no more than 20 cos that's about all my computer can handle without going all jittery

19. hasnogaems

hasnogaems New Member

How you get so many followers? At the same time? It some mod? Or they not legit and it temporary mind control that made permanent through glitch?

20. hasnogaems

hasnogaems New Member

Our Host!