Hello there, 1st post

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Serus, Jul 4, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Serus

Serus New Member

Hello there, i hope someone is still alive and reads these forum.
    I recently decided to give another try to Arcanum and to finish it this time.
    My question is: what mods are around worth trying (other than level cap remover mod):
    - i saw Polished Car Arcanum, looks very good but is it stable ? is it balanced ?
    Im looking for a mod that makes the fights more challenging and more balanced gameplay...
    I'll appreciate any advice from experienced players.

2. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Actually, I'm against mods. I want my original arcanum and nothing else! :p

Only thing I've downloaded is the portraits-pack.

[edit]: Well, I'm not *against* 'em, i just... Dislike 'em. But thats just my opinion.

3. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Well, hello there ^_^. Yeah, that's pretty good, and it might just be what you're looking for!

4. Serus

Serus New Member

Thanks for answers. The problem is - i want only more balanced and challenging fights, this mod changes many things... i would like a harder game not new locations etc... anyway ill try it - if i wont like it ill play vanilla (unless someone knows another good mod...)
    When i was playing Arcanum for the first time - i liked very much the atmosphere, riddles, quests - but the fight part was boring... i was hoping after 4 years someone would remedy this :/ ...

5. Baal

Baal New Member

Did you try upping the difficulty? Even fit it dose just make you level up slower.

6. Serus

Serus New Member

Ok i started playing, im in Tarant now. Playing at "hard" difficulty helps a little - at least to gain a level you have to do some more than killing a few rats/wolves + my gun wielding character sucks atm :p but what you expect with 5 deterity + 1 point in firearms + fine revolwer as a weapon... :p

I didnt find any interesting portraits in the net... the 150 portraits pack is nice - but those are mainly rip offs form Baldurs Gate games + few photos with Mel Gibson or other actors... only 2 or 3 pictures are really nice and in line with original Arcanum pictures :/ I had to use a picture form vanilla version.

Anyway - the i enjoy it very much - i hope this time i will be able to play the game to the end.

7. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Ofcourse, nothin beats the original arcanum portraits. I used depp once though.

Our Host!