Hello Everyone.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shota Shernokavich, Feb 23, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Shota Shernokavich

Shota Shernokavich New Member

I'm new to the forum, but I really hope to become a part of this great community. I was cleaning out my garage yesterday when I found Arcanum, and played it again. I was stuck at a certain part, so I searched Google, and found this site. Thought I might as well join.

My name is Shota Shernokavich, I'm originally from Eastern Europe, but I was raised in the States since I was six. My friends call me Shot, so if you want you can as well. :)

Thought I'd log in and say hello, and introduce myself, so there. :)

I have a few questions though: There doesn't seem to be an upload button for the avatar section. How can I upload my own avatar?
    Also, where is the search bar for the forums? I can't find it.

Well Thanks guys :)

Oh yea last minute question: You guys have a Arcanum 2 team that needs people? Or is it for long time members only? If yes, Can I sign up, If no, thanks any ways. :)

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Welcome!

Sorry, but you can't upload your own avatar, you'll have to use the ones available. You should probably consult this thread for all you need to know about avatars, general forum rules and such.

The search bar is at the top of the page, in the neat brass toolbar. :)

Sorry, we don't have an Arcanum 2 team. Where did you get that from?

3. Shota Shernokavich

Ah ok, fair enough. :)

Oh, I see it now :)

Oh sorry, I thought the Arcanum 2 Forum was the team's discussion area, but after looking at some of the topics, I realize I am wrong :lol:

4. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

Ahh, a newbie, welcome Shot. That GD FAQ thread is a little bit dated now and updated info that you should know can be found here, or for a more detailed perspective please look here. Also it would be nice to know more about you... are you female?... what are you wearing?... how big are your boobs?... pics would be most beneficial... if not a forum pre-requisite. Oh, and be careful there are some real wierdo's that keep poping up that we're trying to keep contained/isolated.

5. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Don't mind nobodie, and never click the links. May your stay be as non-painful as possible.

6. Shota Shernokavich

Why thank you :)

I am not female :D I am wearing my favorite tight boxers and a white wifebeater, and i don't know what exactly "####" is. Pics you shall recieve soon enough :p:p:p

Good Luck :thumbup: No forum is without its trolls.

Edit:

The link warning was a bit late :p But thanks :D

7. Wolfsbane

At least now you know - regrettably through experiance - but still you know.

8. Shota Shernokavich

Heh, I've actually seen the meatspin one before, but damn, it's still unpleasant. So are these forums moderated?

9. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    They are, but links are clicked at your own peril.

10. Shota Shernokavich

11. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

Welcome.

Speaking of working on an Arcanum 2, Shot, do you have any modding experience in WorldEd or any games in general? Just curious. I do a little here and there, but most of my work is generally crap. The other guys here, from what I've seen, are pretty wicked though.

12. Shota Shernokavich

I've decided to make a fan-made-patch first, then try the whole sequel thing :p you know, to get more experience. I'm trying now (for the first time) to open the main arcanum module, but i've done some completely new modules, most are hack n slash, and only one has a story and its unfinished :p

edit: and i've done some work with the steam SDK, took some time to learn, but payed off when i started making some sick maps. i'm making my own mod that takes place in black mesa during the events of HL1, you play as one of the black ops charged to kill freeman.

edit # 2: i've just opened the arcanum map for the first time. the minimap looks awesome. something i realized though, is that less than 5% of land in arcanum actually has snow on it.

13. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Wow, he actually edited his post instead of double-posting! I like you, newbie.

14. Shota Shernokavich

15. Wolfsbane

It's understandable. There aren't many out there who succesfully evades their first doublepost.

16. Shota Shernokavich

May I ask another question? What is up with everyones "Location".. they just write any random thing.

17. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

What. The. Fuck. Ok, you've been here a few hours & already Vyenna likes you. I've been here from the start (all but) & all these worthless bastard's here barely tolerate me with thinly veiled disgust. I hate you pricks.

With the location thing we just ask if we want to know anything about our fellow forum members.

18. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, did you say something? Cause all I see are smileys and some ####'s. WTF is up the the ####'s? Does your web browser block dirty words like tits, fuck, ass, cunt, shit, cock, and pussy?

19. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

I love it when new people come to town, fresh off the meatwagon.
    Hell I'm still a bit ripe myself.

20. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I don't recall you abusing smileys or trying to put Vyenna's penis in your mouth...

...oh gee, did I just imply that Vyenna has boy parts? My bad. Of course, I don't recall seeing any photographic evidence to the contrary...

Our Host!