HEAR YE! HEAR YE! I BRING YE TRUTH! I BRING YE TRUTH!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Truthsayer, Dec 13, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

You dumb, dumb fuck. Your knowledge of this particular day and age would be great than a 13 year old's knowledge of this day and age. If you travelled back time though, he'd know the local gossip, which lord lived in yonder castle, and the last few words of Mass in latin. You wouldn't know shit about that, and thus you'd be considered a dumbass.

As for the whole 'gay sex isn't natural', it's been shown that animals in the wild do it, and that humans have been doing it for several thousand years as well. It also doesn't seem to hurt our population growth either, and parents in each generation need something else to blame for the crappy job they've done raising their kids. I'm sure this is all irrelevant though, and that your opinion is the only fact that matters around here.

I am curious though - why exactly is gay sex unnatural? Apart from the whole 'sex is for reproduction' spiel I mean.

2. Wolf

Wolf New Member

You just answered your own question.

3. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

No I didn't. 'Sex is for reproduction' is not a reason for gay sex being unnatural.

4. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Ok, how about, sex is for reproduction and gay sex does not accomplish that.

5. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Sex isn't for reproduction.
    Fission is for reproduction.
    Sex is for genetic diversity.

6. Tholtan DarkOne

Tholtan DarkOne New Member

7. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Your mistake is assuming sex is solely for reproduction, when it does in fact have other functions. See the posts of everyone else who has been against you in this thread for further details.

8. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Jesus fucking christ, I don't mean to sound depressed and all, but seriously pleasure, bonding and love are all the reasons we have sex. But not the reasons for sex. IMO love is an illusion to make us have sex. So is that bonding stuff. These are all things our minds and bodies do to keep fucking.

9. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I do really feel pity for Mr Wolfs future girlfriend*.

*Not that he'll ever find a girl dumb enough...

10. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Hey, unlike you DE I don't go for the dumb ones. So what do you think love is? All emotions have a purpose. I understand that if you're religious it will be especially hard to understand my position on love. I hope one day to fall in love, and just because I think love is our body's way of trying to get us to root, it doesn't mean it doesn't have merits.

11. Settler

Settler Member

As far as I know, I'm not angsty at all. I live in a constant state of embarrassment and shyness :).

12. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Yeah, MrWolf, the ancient Greeks had 5 different words for 'love' and it's different types, and we have one. Saying that love is a trick to get people to have sex displays a level of ignorance even xento wasn't able to achieve.

You think rape is about love, or even motivated by it? No, it's primarily about domination/getting your own way but that doesn't change the fact that a woman can get pregnant from it. Hey, isn't that also reproduction? WOW!

Think your arguments through next time deadshit.

13. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Wow, so many idiots. I never said love was the only reason we have sex. It's just a reason. Maybe you should take your owadvice, and next time read my posts properly rather than seeing what you want to see. Also, love for your child is to keep our children safe, thus continuing the reproduction process and continuation of our species. And Jarinor, what would you know about rape? you think all cases are the same? That's as stupid as you made my last post out to be. In conclusion, think about things before you take out your stupidity on me.

14. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

And these statements don't conflict each other I take it?

When I say rape, I mean man-in-the-bushes-with-a-knife style rape, not statutory rape. Date rape is more about sex, but it's not exactly motivated by love either is it?

15. Wolf

Wolf New Member

IMO love is a way our body tries to make us have sex. It is not the only way. And it may not work for all people. But it's one way. Not the the only way. The statements do not conflict. Still, I doubt all rape(non-statutory I mean) is about domination. What if some sick, perverted guy just wants a root? Surely there might be some man who would rape for sheer pleasure. Maybe he has a fetish. Also some sick perverted guy might love a woman, and think she loves him, and rape her thinking it were a very romantic night. You just never know. I'm not saying people rape because of love. Like I said, love isn't the only reason.

16. Settler

Settler Member

I've got to disagree with love being an evolutionary trait. Sexual desire and love are separate emotions - although sex is a formality among those in love, and may be encouraged by love.

What about the countless animal species that mate according only to power, influence, hairyness, etc?

17. Wolf

Wolf New Member

We evolved love, and I'm sure at least one person on this forum will say that animals can fall in love.

18. Settler

Settler Member

I'm not denying that love evolved, nor that some animals may feel some kind of love. All I'm saying is that I don't think love evolved as any sort of survival trait.

19. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

Uh, Settler, anthropologists and biogists are pretty sure love did evolve as a survival trait. It promotes pair bonding and prevents fathers from eating their young (common among mammals that don't seem to love or pair bond). The latter, BTW, is seen as why women are comparitively hairless and have high voices. If the male loves the female, and the female looks and sounds childlike, he will identify her with a child, protecting htem both equally.

As I said before, anything evolved is either a survival trait (things that are or were useful) or harmless. Love is far more likely the former.

20. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

The point is, the primary purpose of love is not to produce hormones. People get horny whether they're in love or not, and it's certainly not a physical prerequisite for having children and continuing the species.

The purely physical purpose of sex is a combination of a desire to reproduce and also just to get your rocks off (which I suppose it could be argued is another way to get people to have babies), but there are other purposes and reasons for sex, which are just as valid, and have nothing to do with reproduction.

Our Host!