Harry Potter + Grand Final = Confusion.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Settler, Sep 27, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Settler

Settler Member

I've just realised (after watching for 3-4 minutes) that the background music to the Legends Parade/Memorials prior to the AFL Grand Final is the Harry Potter theme...dear glorious and merciful Allah...

Anyway, what about a tip from the non-heathens? I'm going Collingwood in the absence of Essendon :) .

[edit] - Add Bohemian Rhapsody to that. Ai.

2. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

Settler, I myself have made some bad posts, but this one makes no sense what so ever.

3. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

It hold's no relevence to you because you are not Australian or very learned in the current going on's in Australian sport.

4. Silvio-Arjunza

aah, I understand why I don't understand it now... would you be kind enough to explain in Senior Nobodie?

5. Settler

Settler Member

Sleek, I just find it easier to not explain anything, and hope only those who do understand, post.

By the way, this is annoying the hell out of me: if you're trying to say 'Senor', Spanish Mr, it's S-E-N-O-R, not 'Senior'. If you're trying to say Senior...guh, is this some in-joke?

6. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

wow, this is the second time i've been addressed in a post i had never posted in. please dont tell me you thought matt was me...

7. Silvio-Arjunza

that offends me as well, and sorry about the miss spellin Settler, I don't know any Spanish, and was guessin, I'll be sure to do that from now on... oh, btw, I think your theory is flawed. if you don't inform anyone of the confusing posts, how will you have an intelligent conversation? no one will understand you...

8. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

The point here, Matt, is that his post wasn't confusing for anybody that follows Australian Rules Football. If you posted something about the NFL, the Australians may very well have been confused, but you wouldn't really see the problem.

9. Settler

Settler Member

Wow, sorry there, Matt and Sleek.

I have a macro here for [correct/insult Sleek] :D .

Eh, you guys are all identical anyway :) ...

[Edit] - Thankyou, labyrinthian, exactly what I was trying to say.

10. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Actually, Settler, you also spelled it wrong - though I don't really blame you as the word is spelt SEÑOR, and the letter Ñ doesn't exist in English. By the way, Matt got closer to the actual word (albeit unknowingly) because the pronounciation for it is almost like the one for "senior" and not "senor" which doesn't mean anything. :D

11. Settler

Settler Member

Mmm, good point, Silvara. What exactly is the mini-tilde called?

Sorry if I offended you or anything, Matt...

12. Silvara

Silvara New Member

We don't have a name for it in Spanish; it's just part of the letter. I think it is used as a separate symbol in other languages, like Portugese, but I've no idea how they call it.

13. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Suck shit, as everyone in Australia now knows Brisbane whipped your black'n'white boys back to the pretender throne they were sitting on. Also, way to switch allegiances - it's Collingwood vs Everyone Else. You should know that.

14. Settler

Settler Member

That's black and red, fool. (Essendon, woo!)

Brisbane are a brilliant team, but also arrogant pricks*...you never "get the right to be arrogant"...

*As shown by their supporters, Jar. :)

15. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Yeah, I was talking about Collingwood, but since you bring Essendon up, let's talk about the biggest underachievers the AFL has to offer shall we?

It'd be more accurate to say that the supporters are arrogant, rather than the players. I suppose you could say that taking as many injured players as they did into the final was either arrogance, or confidence in those players.

16. Silvio-Arjunza

what's the difference between AFL and normal football (world-football, not that American bull crap) and no offense taken Settler, I may be arrogant and oblivious and filled with spam, but easily offended is not one of my traits... easily angered? yes. but offended? no. well... unless it's a gay comment, considering I am straight. btw, I may not be posting for a couple days, as I am going to be staying at a friends house outta fear of the girl I just dumped (she's got some... mental stability troubles, and she has made more than a dozen threats agianst me) so I may not be around for several days.... heh... and if she succeeds then this will be my last post... :roll: :lol: :roll: (note: if I do get killed I'll have my dad or someone come on here and say I'm dead and that I loved you all and some shit like that... but I doubt I will, sorry)

17. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

What's the difference? Dude, it's like asking "What's the difference between water-skiing and aerial skiing? I mean, you both use skis..." AFL isn't at all like soccer, apart from using a ball and having rules. That's all you need to know unless you intend on playing it.

18. Settler

Settler Member

Mmm...Jar pretty much nailed it, there's no comparison whatsoever. The AFL site might have something on the rules, if you want to check.

Matt, I wasn't saying you were offended, just apologising in case I had offended you...can we drop this?

19. Silvio-Arjunza

lol, ok, I was just saying that I wasn't offended by what you said... and let me tell you the sports I know/understand: Soccer, American Football, Baseball, Golf, Hockey. ok, I don't understand Golf, well, I don't understand why people play it.... but those are the only sports I know.... I was assuming by the name that Normal Football and Australian Rules Football were different, so my apologies to any I may have offended by my lack of knowledge regarding either sport....

20. Settler

Settler Member

I hope you mean field hockey, and not ice hockey...damn ice hockey...

Mmm...sweet, sweet field hockey....gaaaaaaaaargh. Settler's back to school tomorrow, and that means back to hockey :) . Does anyone here play (field, that is)?

Our Host!