Hardest questions about arcanum

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by blazer2002, Sep 10, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Go back to Vendigroth. There are the materials for two of them there. Keep searching & you will have another one soon.

2. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

I like Droch's because it is more powerful than an Elephant gun ,alot faster , only one handed , uses only one bullet , so on and so forth.

3. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Whatever you people say, I grew fond of a Mechanized gun. Sure, it consumes a hell of a lot of ammo- but you can buy about 500 rounds per day in Tarant. I've just given Vollinger an ST boost with one of Jayna's elixir, gave him a Mechanized gun- and he cleared Hardin's path for me almost single handedly. Not sure if he would be that lethal with Droch's Warbringer.

4. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Well , yeah the mechanized gun is pretty good, but I don't like how much bullets it uses! The gun's speed is 25 and it uses 6 bullets every shot! That's just me though. Geeaah! (gee-yah)

5. Solaris

Solaris New Member

I'm on my way to create a party of FOUR Mechanized gunners- myself, Vollinger, Sebastian and Franklyn Payne. I wonder how much ammo I need to have when entering the Void to successfully fight my way through :???:

6. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

4 mech gunners! Holy shit! I would say that 2500 each should be good, and no I don't think I'm over estimating. I'm an archer in this game and I carry about 1400-1600 arrows at any one time. It's kinda funny, I have like 600 stone weight on me right now, and 425 of it is from arrows. :D :) But I'm also using Elluym's bow, and that thing is fucking FAST. I have 20 dx, and I can get ALL 25 shots off, 1 for each speed. I'm not magic or tech, I like it because I can carry two bows around and use each when I want to. I still have an Arcane in my inventory that I'm gonna throw to Raven when she comes over to my team.

7. Solaris

Solaris New Member

If you aren't magic, try the Pyro bow. Its by far the best ranged weapon in the game, probably better than even Ellumun's bow. Arcane bow isn't that good, and Raven doesn't have the ST to use it. Waromon does, though. So, unless you can give Raven an ST boost of at least +3 (I think), give her Ellumun's bow, and take another one yourself. Also, the Bow of Ecclesiastes (the one from the Master quest) may be good, it has more range than you may ever need, and a huge TH bonus.
    As for my 4 mech gunners- 10 000 bullets is a hell of a lot of weight. Don't think I can carry it all with strictly tech party. Will have to keep free followers like Dante and Thorwald Two Stones to carry ammo and grenades for me...

8. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

If I could get the pyro bow I wouldn't have any problems, but now that you mention that, your right, Raven is too weak... hmmm, I'm not tech either so I can't make the other thing you need, I do have a compound though, I love that dwarf smith in Tarant, he always hooks me up. he just doesn't know he does all the time :lol: :D I learned the schematic, so if you know where I could get that fire obstruction stuff, I could be sitting pretty.
    I do know what you mean, although I think bullets are lighter than arrows. All I know is that I used to carry 2000 arrows, but just the ammo encumbered me, so I cut it back to around 1500. And there is also the point thathaving Thorvald around would be alright; he can carry ammo, plus he's a melee backup, just in case they get a little close.

9. Solaris

Solaris New Member

You can't find it. You can only make it. It is on explosives schematics tree, one before the last. You have to spend 6 CPs to get there, but it is well worth it.
    ALternatively, you can wait till you get to Tulla. The Fire master there is stupid enough to carry a Pyro bow. All you need is a fate point to steal it.

Yep. Thorwald seems an ok follower, except that I can't take him with me into the Dredge. Will have to wait till I hit level 50 before I go looking for that toy train, so Thorwald wouldn't find himself a few levels behind the rest of the party...

10. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

A LOT. You can burn over 36 bullets / combat round each. If you are slow. With four gunners, all at or close to speed 20, it should get to over 150, probably over 200 / combat round. And if you play RTC, I have seen seabastian fire 15 or 20 shots with Brownwick's Gun before the creature died. I think the second shot accualy killed it.

11. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I don't play real time combat when I'm ranged for that very reason. 20 dx and a fast bow would burn obscene amounts of ammo, and not even I have that much cash.

But wait, the topic of this board is confusing me, I thought the toughest question in Arcanum was Willow or Bunny in Madam Lil's.

12. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Why not? His trigger is the entry speech you get from the guards & that is a one time only thing. I take him into the Dredge all the time. Or is this an unpatched game thing?

13. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

14. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Laura, the girl is soooooo grateful for the job reference.

15. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

I have to disagree with just about everyone on the Arcane Bow. I think it's the best thing to toss Waromon if you have him along. Less wasted ammo. It has half the speed of Ellumen's (sp?) Bow and twice the average damage. So let's see, that means about the same damage in the same time frame without having to worry about so many damned arrows. Besides, Waromon's pretty magical, if I remember correctly (words of power and all), so he can make good use of it.

I'm ignoring the master quest bow, because, well, I've never had an archer main character, so I don't know anything about it. Ellumen's is good for weak characters (Raven), but my GOD, the ammo!

16. Solaris

Solaris New Member

The arrows are absolutely no problem. You find lots, you can buy lots, and if you do some burglary, you also steal lots. In my current game I've just arrived to Caladon, and have collected about 2000 arrows- more than enough for Waromon with Ellumun's bow till the end of the game.
    Waromon never gets not magickal enough to get a full bonus from the Arcane bow.
    The Arcane bow's damage does not make up for the lack of speed. I believe it has a speed of 10, and the damage is less then twice that of Ellumun's bow.

17. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

I dunno, I thought the arcane bow has 1-20 dmg, and I'm pretty sure Elumyn's is 1-10. What magic do you need to take full advantage of the arcane bow? Waromon should get up over 30 at least. He has no tech and he gets at least to level three in two magic schools, I think. I could be wrong, as I haven't used him in a while, but...

Correct me if I'm wrong...

18. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

The Arcane bow is one of those items that you have to have 100 Ma to operate to it's full extent. I thought it did 10-22. I'm not sure about the 10 though.

19. Solaris

Solaris New Member

You need at least MA 80 to get the full bonus from any Arcane weapons I think. Waromon goes higher than three spells in each school he knows, but even fully learned, they only give him MA 50. Unless you Dark Helm him a couple of times, that's the best he gets. He CAN use the Bow of the Ecclesiastes to its full advantage though. Waromon also seems to be the only one among the archer and gunner followers who understands that ranged weapons are supposed to fire from a certain range, and not just face to face. He is definitely my absolute favourite of all followers, even though he is always at least 6 levels behind the rest of the party.

Is it possible to reach Quintarra without forcing, being level 19 or 20?

20. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

The Arcane Bow is speed 11, SO THERE! No, ammo is really cheap, and if you can't find the money for it, you need to fix other problems in your game :/ :) The only problem with ammo is running out. That's why there IS ammo, so you can run out, then bitch and be all pissed.

Bayou, lol, 1500 ammo in a mech gun. That's why I don't use em, I can buy the bullets, I just don't feel like doing it each time I get jumped by a sewer rat. I like the Arcane Bow, but when I do have preference to speed. I bought an Arcane Bow my first time in Tarant and It served me VERY well all the way up to getting Ellymuns. Horrible spelling I know, too lazy to look down and correct it. Of course, I still had my Composite with me, but only for tech enemies. You would be astonished how much of a bitch it is to kill some people with a magic bow! They're so inconsiderate, with their firearms, and their not getting hit by me. If you have Raven, Waromon, and yourself as archers, you're probably going to need like 4000 arrows. Raven with Ellymun's will need alot. Waromon will need a couple, just because he's fast as hell. And you will need alot too. And of course, that's at one time, if you splurge excessively on some spider, you'll need a refill.

You know what pow I like early on. The Blessed Bow. Someone else check this, but in my game it's carried, or was carried, by one of the magic shop owners in Tarant. The two that are awake during the day, the regular mage seller has the bow. It has 2 call air elementals in it, and its a decent bow with an ok TH. The Armory guy has a Screaming Scimitar, which I think is just a scimitar with a +10 TH. The night seller has Ashen Robes. I believe they are just like Charmed Robes with about 40 fire resistance :D . And that's being used by someone with no magical aptitude, so imagine what a REAL mage might get out of them...

Our Host!