Happy Join day to me!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Icairus, Oct 12, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Icairus

Icairus New Member

As of today, I have wasted, I mean, well-spent 1 year on this forum!

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Happy Joinday Icairus! :partyhat: :party: :drunk:

Bad boy - bad boy!

3. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

Happy join day Icairus, now ythat you've bveen here a year ou can get something very special from one of the mods...... that's right,...... a cookie........ i'd recommend getting one from Jar Jar, he has big meaty man hands, not like Jinxed's little girly hands*.

*may not have little girly hands, that should save me from being banned, heh.

4. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Happy anniversary! I don't give cookies, just fyi.

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Yeah, but you should see what she does on IRC...

6. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

What does she give?

PS, no one's ever explained this, what is IRC?

7. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

FYI = Fuck You Incessantly
    IRC = Inflatable Raiding Craft

Snowmane's very good at FYI in the IRC. ;)

8. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Really. You know snowy, I have a raft in my garage...

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I like building rafts. We've had to build a few at school camps, and once when I was in Scouts, way back when. The ones built on camps were boring, because we only had to paddle across a 50m stretch of water (although, you try doing it in strong winds blowing you back and across, loaded down with half a dozen heavy packs and only two pissy little paddles). The one we made in Scouts was great though, because there was actually a race involved with our recently-built-from-scratch rafts. I remember the water (the waves were pretty flat, because they were always pretty flat), the sun (it was always sunny without a cloud in sky - literally) and the result - we came third, even though our raft was falling apart on the return journey, and had to be manually held together. Damn that was funny.

I also broke an inflatable raft in our swimming pool once. It was only about 1m long, and really crappy, but it lasted a surprisingly long time. I'd throw it in, run and jump off the edge of the pool, and try land in the raft. Eventually the bottom literally fell out (and that was quite a shock to just fall through the damn thing), but amazingly didn't deflate, because the raft was actually 2 separate parts glued together or something. I don't know how it was kept together, but it was fun while it lasted.

Yeah, those were the days...all of 1 or 2 years ago for that last tale anyway. About 8 years (holy shit! it's been that long?) for the Scouts one, and 5 since the school camp one.

10. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Rafts... I recall when I quit 8th grade. All parallell classes were supposed to build rafts of whatever they could dig up at home (such as plastic cans and whatever stuff that floats)

We had like two hours to complete the raft. All the other teams began building like mad, while we lay down in the sun and slacked like never before. After like 1.5 hours, a classmate finally arrived with what we had been waiting for - a big, rubber tubing from a tractor.

Of course, we had to use it to build something, so we worked for like 5 minutes and added a wooden frame to sit on.

Well, we took it down to the river, and the race begun. The other rafts were pretty good (except one that sank like a stone :lol: ) but they couldn't, of course, match ours, so we basically owned them, reaching the finish line like two minutes before the second raft.

Some people called us cheaters. I don't really understand why :D

Our Host!