Haggle vs Pick Pocket which is best!!!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by King_Natstar, Jun 10, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

What do you think is better Haggle or Pick Pocket?

1. Haggle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pick Pocket

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

What do you think is better Haggle or Pick Pocket?

2. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Expert pickpocket comes a long way before Master haggle. That said, Master haggle will get you things that cost a fate point with pickpocket.

3. backstabber

backstabber New Member

definately picckpocket. haggle still costs money, but pickpocket is free

4. backstabber

backstabber New Member

5. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Haggle for sure.

Haggle not only allows you to buy things cheaply, but allows you to sell anything to anyone - getting you more than double the price you can normally sell things for if you sell them to magick shops.

So you can very quickly make back any money you spend, whereas with pickpocket it takes ages to steal even small amount of money and you've still got to sell anything you steal.

In addition, you can always use a fate point to steal things that you really want and you get a few in the game. What are you going to use them for otherwise?

Again, in addition to that, if you really want to steal something or plant evidence, then you just give the person the baneful gauntless and they'll be out cold soon enough or dead, allowing you to happily take what you want with no skill at all before ressurecting them (scroll, spell, potion whetever - and haggle will more than pay for those - or you could just use this technique on a shop selling them :p ).

Therefore, although pickpocket can be nice first off, haggle will be far more useful in the long run and far more worth the CPs you have to spend.

6. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Pick pocket, definitely.
    Money isn't much of a problem in this game (except maybe for a mage in the early stage of the game). Its getting the good items that matters. And with pick pocket you can get those items off people who aren't willing to trade- like that Arcane ring from the Roseborough inn or Sammy's hand cannon.

7. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

I would say neither. With all the Fate Points in the game and the Baneful Guantlets, you can take anything from anyone. At the same time, Haggle seems to be just about useless because you can open the Ritezzee ATM without points in Pickpocket.

8. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

There is way tooooooo much money in this game and haggle points could be spent elsewhere (that is if you pick up all kind of stuff to sell)

I've always been one to find all I can and if I can't use it ,then sell it. Before I get to level 30 I always have around 75K. Theres' quite a bit of stuff your followers can make that bring in good gold.

As for pickpocketing, in every game it gets my 5 points (but not master, I'm shy)

Parmanian

9. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Not that the bonus is worth catching a cold for.

10. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

I voted for Pick Pocket because you only need expert for it to be good but you need master Haggle for Haggle to be useful so you save to 2 cp's going for pick pocket.

11. GiantRaven

GiantRaven New Member

haggle is better than pickpocket because with pickpocket there is a chance you can fail and get attacked while haggle is safer and you save money

12. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

actually you cheat and save before picking pockets......... if it don't work, reload try again! hehehehehe

PS works on chests tooooooooo so no jamming!

Parmanian

13. Xan Emrys

Xan Emrys New Member

hohoho

If, however, you use body of stone or a scroll of body of stone on the person you are pickpocketing (or any body of spell, really), you need not use a fate point to steal anything.

14. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Re: hohoho

But then the person attacks you, don't they? Unless you turn them into stone permanently, but then you could as well kill them.

15. Skane

Skane New Member

Haggle is useful at 1st but in the end you won't really need it. Pickpocket is much more useful. And you can use it to complete the Thieves' Underground quest.

16. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

Just spending 1 point and apprentice training makes a big difference buying/selling things. There is a lot of money in this game but this just makes more!

Parmanian

17. twitchy6181

twitchy6181 New Member

Pick Pocket gets my vote! Simply because its much more fun to steal than it is to barter.

Our Host!