GX Australia 2016

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zanza, Nov 3, 2015.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

So apparently gay gaming conventions are a thing. Why gay people feel they need to have a separate one I'll never understand however forget all that.

GX Australia 2016 is going to be a Gaymer Convention, I believe they already exist in the USA. They are looking for money on Kickstarter which can be seen here.

Guests include Chris Avellone and Tim Cain who I am sure you guys will all know. I am assuming they will be in booths where people could perhaps talk to them. If that is the case then I may be willing to go to this convention if it gets off the ground and represent HoL, perhaps get something Arcanum related signed and then we could hold a competition or something here, I don't know I'm just spitballing.

I'll wear a pink shirt or something as to not raise suspicion.

What do you guys think?

2. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Sounds an awful lot like your grasping for an excuse to legitimise your attendance at a gaymer convention, you flaming homo.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, obviously.

3. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

I bet the odds of you finding some dudes willing to blow Tim Cain (and leveraging that to somehow increase the odds of somebody doing something with the Arcanum IP) would be higher here than elsewhere. I don't bring this up because I've thought about blowing him myself. That would be rude and tasteless. And we're all better than that around here.

.....his grasping what?

4. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I apologise, I had about a minute to post that as I was after getting to a 6.00pm showing of Spectre in town, this being at 5.11pm from the forum post. Obviously now I spot my mistake, "your groping" would have been much better, right?
    Come now, you know that's not true.

I think it goes without saying raffling something off here would be great, and if you could get a moment to talk to him and ask him some decent questions that'd be cool too - though I can't think of anything worthy or interesting to ask. Maybe someone else has a decent idea?

My chief concern is your choice a pink shirt for the affair; I think it'd give the impression we're all dull, mundane, flabby, neck-bearded, middle-aged loser gays on this forum. I think you should be looking for an outfit that combines spandex, sequins, a feather boa and at least some leopard print plus zebra print to demonstrate how fabulous we all are, preferably with some high heels too.

5. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    There's already far too much raffling off around here so you don't need to encourage it.

6. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Yes. Think Nathan Lane in The Birdcage.
    Or Nathan Lane in Austin Powers: Gold Member.
    Or just Nathan Lane.

7. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Do you find that you spend a lot of time thinking about Nathan Lane?

8. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Somehow wound up watching the mentioned movies, plus the Lion King in the all to recent past.
    I suppose I could have referenced Liberace, but I figured the was too dated for this crowd to know.

Our Host!