Good vs Evil. (An alignment question)

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by PeeCee, Jun 25, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

My alignment is around 14 for the good. But does it become more towards good if you say kill wolfes like there was no tomorrow? Or is there a fixed point they recieve depending on the type of creature?

For example. Lets say that a wolf have an alignment of -2 leaning towards evil. Does killing wolfs give you an alignment of +2. Does the game check if your alignment is higher then what is given for a certain kill and only awards you alignment points if your alignment don't exceed what the creature you are killing have?

I know. Describing this isn't that easy for me, but Damn it man. I'm doing the best I can :wink:

I do hope you know what I mean.

/PeeCee

2. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Ok, I'll give this a try...

If you are good(positive alignment) and you kill and bad wolf(negitive alignment), your alignment will go up. I think most wolves are neutral. So I would think they wouldn't affect your alignment.

So good killing bad your alignment goes up.
    Bad killing good your alignment goes down.

Now heres where it gets tricky...

For a bad person to become good(without quests). They would have to kill someone with a lower alignment then they have. So for a person with a -10 alignment, they would have to kill people with an alignment lower then what they have to make it go up(i.e -11, -12,-13).

For a good person to become evil(without quests) they would have to kill ppl with a higher alignment.

I learned most of this from the Uberfaq so it i confused you or forgot something check there. Also I don't think stealing affects you alignment, but it could/should in the final version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Enzo101 on 2001-06-25 10:55 ]</font>

3. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Hi.

I know about the alignment and what makes you either good or evil. But what I was wondering was. If lets say you meet someone with an evil alignment of 3. You kill him. Does your alignment then shifts 3 points for good?

Will it then be possible to kill 33 creatures with an alignment of evil 3 to get a 99 good alignment?

Or is there a break in the game that says "Ok the player have 2 in good alignment, and he kills this dude with 3 in evil alignment. I give him a good alignment boost to 3." A few hours later another encounter. The player is victorious and have an alignment of 16 in good. The game says "The player gets to continue to the next round. The creature he killed have an evil alignment of 4, but sisnce the player have a good alignment of 16 I will not grant him any more good alignment posts."

I hope this explains my question better.

/PeeCee

4. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't get +3 to your alignment for killing someone with a -3 , but it would increase.

5. Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker New Member

I think it depends on the difference between your own alignment and that which you kill; For example if you kill a creauture with -100 alignment while having -100 alignment yourself you'll gain more then if someone with say 50 alignment did it... But I'm not sure about that as I'm just assuming that it works like that since most games work like that.

6. Tel'ral

Tel'ral New Member

no i think PeeCee is right. You get less alinment boosts the higher you are because this is supposed to meen that your character has already chosen what he going to be (good/bad) along time ago and it will take allot to change his mind.

7. xonit

xonit New Member

got -100 :smile: but i don`t know why

8. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Thanks for the replies all. I strated this tread a while ago, and was a little surprised to see it still atracted attention.

Haven't seen you around before xonit. Welcome to one of the best Arcanum boards out there.

Our Host!