good large armor

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by DrainoChild, Nov 14, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DrainoChild

DrainoChild New Member

I have found leather and even studded leather in large size. But can't find any better.... anyone got any suggestions. I have tried many shops but they never seem to show up for sale... was not wanting to hack the game to get it to show up though.

2. nicebrain

nicebrain New Member

Well you can build a large Feather-Weight Chainmail in the Smithy discipline. And I bet you can buld other better armors whith other shematics also.

3. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

Sometimes there is some large magick armor in tarant,at the magick shop.

4. Odi

Odi New Member

Armor for Elfs/Humans is commonplace; but I have had trouble finding large and small form factors too. From the beginning, I stash stuff and monitor the condition of all equipment subject to damage. There may be more than the following places to store items; but these are the ones I use:

1. The first two barrels at the crash site cave.

2. The chest in my BlackRoot room at the Inn (after completing the Inn Keeper's quest).

3. Down the sewers of Tarant there is a room with chest a short distance from the entrance outside the train station.

Armor spawn appears a bit fickled at times, meaning a particular size can become very difficult to find. With a Large Leather Armor PLUS a spool of Heavy Wire you create Featherweight chain armor. Add Dwarvian plate/metal and you get a Large Elite Plate, so saving a couple sets of Leather Armor until I can create better is what I have done.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Odi on 2001-11-16 00:09 ]</font>

5. elrat

elrat New Member

the only large armor i have encountered in my games was the poison protected rag from magic shops.

6. Milo

Milo New Member

Later on in the game before you
    need to find Nasrudin on Thanatos, you can find some large plate mail on the two Ogre Destroyers. They are in the pub in Black Root standing guard for the master gambler.

7. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

the best is large mystical leather armor. found it twice
    edit: chabnged arcane to mystical

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jinxed on 2001-11-16 21:47 ]</font>

8. Roach

Roach New Member

If you have a good ability in Tech you can make the regenerative leather armour. I think it requires leather armour and an electrical harness.

9. Criton

Criton New Member

Here is a good question. If you are making armor as a techie, is the armor you create sizable to your character, or only normal size?

10. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

the armor you create i.e. Large feather weight chainmail would require you having a large leather with the wire, regardles of your size
    edit: and the regenerative armor was bugged for me, it never worked

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jinxed on 2001-11-16 19:18 ]</font>

11. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

12. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

as I wrote on another thread, I found twice mystical large leather armor, for sogg which kicks a feather weight chainmail's ass.

13. Dmonik

Dmonik New Member

I have seen small and large mystic platemail... you can get any size of any armour... with patience

14. Oyarsa

Oyarsa New Member

jinxed,
    Were you carrying charges while wearing the electrical armour? Most of that discipline's items require power including the armour.

15. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I know, but at the time I had the magnetic aversion chapeu. and always kept some batteries just in case it should require charges, but strangly it never used any. and it worked without any in my inventory. but the armor was bugged.
    2. WOW!!! First time I see you out of the roleplaying forum!!

16. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Ancient maze once had large arcane leather armour for me...Sogg looked mean as in it for me...

This is my, ah, return to the forum :smile:.

17. nicebrain

nicebrain New Member

Maybe so, but their is other armors also to build. Large Elite Plate mail and he Large Mechanized plate mail.

And the platemail looks mutch cooler and a leather armor on and half pgre

18. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

sogg without any speed penalties with a pyro axe.. yes! strangely he never needed anything more than the leather since he always has an abundence of hit points. and I always made him carry heavy stuff. so In order to get maximum effect no heavy things untill really necessery 1200 stone armor is really not necessery for him.

19. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Just give him the most damage resistant armour you can find, throw on Shield of Protection if you can (just thought of that now :smile:) and let him tank and kill for you, really quickly. Oh, also get him an arcane great sword...

20. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

is he dies even without armor, it probably means you need to leave the fight for now, since it's alittle too hard

Our Host!