Good advices for Arcanum 2

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Lord Coldwolf, Jan 7, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Lord Coldwolf

Lord Coldwolf New Member

:) There are my suggestions for better Arcanum sequel:

1.Good story of course (rage of main god's because worshiping Nasrudin who is only an elven hero, or the rise of the dragons who have survived in caves, or great problems with magic against tehnology...)

2.Full 3D graphic with the newest tehnology engines (like in vampire the masquerade ) with two or more cameras (for ranged weapons camera like in FPSchooters ).

3.Greater place for adventuring with new islands, cities,secret areas and continents, so it can never be boring to you.

4. more than 600 hours of gameplay with lots of quests, actions and areas for traps, picklocking, dinamites.

5.Much ,much more items, weapons and magic for use.I want that for creation of new item you need minimal three items and not two like in Arcanum 1

6.Of course, there is great need to be more characters, more portraits,and if possible a new playable races ---orcs,ogres,dwarf females, gnome females, halfling females.

7.I want that there are horses for riding, so there would be an Rider-Knights. You could buy an horse from peasants or in other stables for something like 7000-10000 coins.
    They will give you more damage protection and raise your chance to hit and of course you will move throughout Arcanum like an wind!!!!!

8.It would be nice to travel with zeppelins and trains.During the drive you can sleep(soo you dont need to wait until you come to place where did you travel) or you can walk and look the train or zeppelin inside, order some drink , dance and listet to the music :roll:

9.More guilds avaible to join them and even became their master when enought quest passed. When you would be a master in one of the guilds (on example Thieves underground )your reputation in the guild would be very high, and even in this city where the guild is the people would have more respect for you. Dont know how this would work but it would be cool if you could as master order other members of the guild to find some items, steal something, make a quest you didn't....kill somebody, 8)

10. If you would have a lot of money there would be always some things to buy: zeppelin , train, hotel, hause, ship, factory, company....
    On example if you buy zeppelin you will earn your money with passengers.

Sorry again for my bad english, I hope you will read it and understand it :)

2. ShadowKross

ShadowKross New Member

I think that most of your suggestions were great. I like the guild idea the most.

3. ShadowKross

ShadowKross New Member

I think that most of your suggestions were great. I like the guild idea the most.

4. mage

mage New Member

5. Role-Player

Role-Player New Member

1. Dragons have become overly cliche.

2. A graphical engine like that of Vampire's is overkill. The same engine used in ToEE is just fine, or one of similar quality yet tile-based.

3. Why would horses give you more damage protection and raise your chance to hit?

4. Train travel is already existent in Arcanum. Zeppelin's however, i'm divided to the concept. They're overly big, bulky, and prone to accidents. Not to mention the associated costs with building and launching one. Also, what woule be the point of having more zeppelins if trains are still faster (and somewhat safer)? Zeppelins should be rare, and only for special occasions or uses (like the IFS Zephyr was).

5. Buying large transports would be useless. The concept of buying some form of transportation involves using it to go where you want: in this case, buying trains wouldn't be useful becaue you'd still be tied to use trains in between places with railroad tracks (unless there would be some super duper flying teleporting train :roll: ). Same with zeppelins - they're bulky, hard to maneuver, and too large to properly land on some places (they don't exactly operate like Final Fantasy airships, mind you). Establishing some sort of franchise to receive income wouldn't be bad, but would the trade-off be worth it? Investing in something like that would require too much money, and the rate of income probably wouldn't compensate the expended money (just think back to how much the Bates Mansion costed you).

6. Why should people respect you depending on what guild you are? If you look to the Thieves Undeground, they're a somewhat secret organization. Not only would very few people know of them (for obvious reasons), its hard to believe one would have a higher reputation because he's the head of a guild that makes a living off of stealing things. At best, a system where you're be more disliked according to your standing in said guild you were in should be implemented. Also, what do you propose the other guilds to do in a local environemnt so as to gain respect from the citizens of the cities they're included in? Just being in a guild doesn't merit any form of recognition, there should be a reason for it.

6. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Well, why shouldn't they? It would be rather hard to land a succesful hit on a rider at full charge. About the increase in hit chance however, I don't think so either. It should be a damage bonus depending on how fast you go instead.

7. Role-Player

Role-Player New Member

Horses shouldn't give more damage protection because they're just a secondary target for melee attackers (they'd need to hit the horse before they could hit you). For ranged fighters, the horse wouldn't even matter. Thats not really damage protection, its in the lines of putting something in front of your attackers to hit instead of you.

As for the chance to hit, well, in the way attackers have a hard time reaching you, you'd also have a hard time reaching them. I think that there should be an attack bonus in terms of charging attacks, but not much else.

Not forgetting other problems, like the penalties to striking down one of the horse's critical spots, sending it to the ground. If it falls, you'd also suffer with the fall. There's also the aspect of not being able to attack as fast as you would if you were not using a mount (and also, theres that lack of maneuverability). You can't dodge blows as well as you could (which immediately sets a penalty to Dexterity or/and AC).

8. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

2. 3D graphics piss me off. they make me dizzy, and the detail is always crappy. all games should be 2D, dammit!!!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

:)

Believe me, rosenshyne, anybody with an outdated video card (like I had) would agree with you. :)

ARCANUM 2 SHOULD BE 2D, DAMMIT! :)

10. Role-Player

Role-Player New Member

Or in the very least, like Temple of Elemental Evil :)

11. Lord Coldwolf

Lord Coldwolf New Member

No, 3d is better, if you had ever play morrowind.

12. Role-Player

Role-Player New Member

Morrowind's 3D wasn't exactly the best example of 3D. And really, each style is better at some things than others.

13. mathboy

mathboy New Member

And please, not any realtime combat, just make the combat like TOEE and everything will be just fine. :)

More dialogue and no BM Mountain dungeons that you have to run through, and reload hundreds of times since your stupid followers or you die.

14. Lord Coldwolf

Lord Coldwolf New Member

Why, i realy enjoy passing throught dangerous BMC mine area! :lol:

15. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Yeah... Go play diablo or something if you dont like dying mathboy...

16. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

Do you have something against Diablo, Sleek_Jeek? Personally, I like Diablo II and think it's 3D graphics is pretty good. At least it doesn't give me a headache or make me want to puke like some of the 3D games do. Obviously, I like Arcanum more or I wouldn't be spending most of my time working on a major mod for it. :D

17. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    The sentence "Go play Diablo" is often used by gamer elitists who consider their personal taste of games to be far superior to that of other people. Diablo is regarded as Satan in their eyes. You wouldn't believe how many jerks like that that crowd the NWN boards... :roll:

18. Role-Player

Role-Player New Member

^Which is kind of ironic, given NWN, the original OC, wasn't that much better :roll:

19. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

Thanks for that clarification, Dark Elf. I'm not that familiar with the forums, so I hadn't run across that expression before. Arcanum is really my first game forum. I never had the time for this until recently. :/ :)

20. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I just don't think it's fun, playing for days, doing all the quests the diplomatic way, then when I get to the mines I have to have lots of health potions running through the mines constantly pressing te "back of" key (F5 or something) to stop VIrgil from attacking the monsters.

Why not instead have some super-guy outside who can get in and talk to the dwarf/read the pillar, or if your Int is high enough you see the first dangerous monster and guess:
    -Maybe there are no dwarves here, maybe I should tell Bates about it. He might know that the Isle of Despair is a prison island, maybe they are there.

Our Host!