Going Forward

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkFool, Oct 23, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

So, as I'm staring at the long-game of this forum, I find myself wondering, would anyone appreciate seeing a new section? Maybe making a couple people moderators/news posters of a new subsection dedicated to the new projects being launched by members of Troika staff? Or create a subsection for Project Eternity, Grim Dawn, or maybe just Steampunk Video games & things?

2. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

I'm of the opinion that a giant, overly subdivided forum actually stifles discussion when the number of active posters isn't that large. Do 20-40 active posters need 25 subforums? No.

Here's my rundown-

Private Forums:
    THERE ARE NONE IT'S A LIE

TA Forums:
    These are all actually fine and well individualized.

Arcanum Forums:
    Do we need a link to the Sierra forums gateway in the forums proper? And it has it's own subforum with a single thread that's just a link? The fuck.

Discussion, hints & tips are fine. Arcanum 2 subforum could probably be deleted or archived. I think modding/script support and modules are super important but could probably be merged.

TToEE Forums:
    Co8 link? Do we need it? Can we make a place where we group all these links to outside forums instead of in the forum mainline itself?

The rest of these subforums are locked, why not hide/delete them or something?

V:TM-B Forums:
    No posts in like 3-4 years. Safe to say we could move/consolidate/archive this section.

Mystary! forum: With Project Eternity a thing and most of the former staff at Obsidian now do we still need this?

With that said, new subforum ideas:

The only thing that comes to mind is a subforum for Project eternity.

3. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

+1 for Project Eternity subforum.

4. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I was thinking of mentioning a PE subforum, but I didn't think people would appreciate a young upstart telling the moderators what to do. Also it is over a year away from being released. But yeah, I think it's a great idea and a good talking point for most people here who will likely play the game anyway (and want to avoid some of the idiots talking about it on other forums).

As I mentioned elsewhere, the redirect to the Vampire related stuff should be to here as it is now the active website for the game - though you could archive the subforum as I doubt people would be interested anymore.

5. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Re:

Still, Obsidian seems to be willing to provide small updates on PE on a bi-weekly or so basis, so we'll probably have things to talk about.

6. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

7. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

8. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

The links to the Sierra Chest and Co8 will be fixed soon to be direct links rather than than subforums. Its a 2 way deal with those links we are listed on their pages for anything Arcanum related.

9. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

What about a new section with interviews with developers et al?

10. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind seeing a P:E subforum, and I don't think there's any danger of TA becoming a major P:E fanboy magnet.

11. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    That is what the News section is for.

12. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Re:

Hah! 6+ years for me of being a douchesmith and I haven't been banned yet. Christ, you could practically taste the pretentiousness dripping from that first post. Glorious.

13. DarkFool

Re:

That was a combined title. Not a differentiation. If we did go forward with that idea (as I proposed it), it would be a moderator who goes out and find information on Project Eternity, and another one who goes out and brings back information on what the other Troika folks are working on these days. More paper boy than moderator. The moderation would be for a subsection dedicated to their topic only.

That said, I like the idea of a P.E. subsection.

Were it not for your ability to forge douches that make my asshole sparkle like Edward Cullen on a sunny day, you would've been.

14. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Naw, everybody important around here loves me.

Including you, DF. Now c'mere and give me that bro-hug. Crotches at least 2 feet apart at all times please.

15. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

I just looked at your first post, Philes. You can smell the swagger indeed.

Ha! Gross thought you'd be finished in under a week.

16. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

It's a real testament to the first 1/3 of this game that I keep playing it over and over again with totally different character builds and keep having fun with it.

Although I think the last 6 months or so is the longest I've gone without firing up another game. Maybe this weekend I'll make a conveyance-only mage with no followers except Virgil...... and high charisma for some reason..... and some sort of elemental college like air to fit the theme..... maybe throwing as fallback since it fits with air/motion so well....

That stream of consciousness is an example of why it'll be awhile before I finish this game.

17. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Colour me curious, Philes. How much do you know about the late/end game? You've said Qintarra is the farthest you have gone, but surely it has been impossible to avoid any and all spoilers for over six years.

18. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Earlier this year I followed a let's play all the way through to the end and finally spoiled it for myself. I then shortly after looked through the net for most of the ending possibilities.

Made it about 5 years. Not too shabby. Strangely enough discovering the ending has had zero effect on my desire to finish it myself.

19. werozzi

werozzi Member

Luckily enough, i never pay too much attention to relate things seen in this forum to Arcanum, i hope this year i can actually finish it, or advance more than with my last character.

20. DarkFool

Less than ten posts for it to go from improving the forum to talking about Philes inability to finish. I'm both proud and unsurprised.

Our Host!