God I hate dismissing soldiers

Discussion in 'CyberNations Archive' started by DarkUnderlord, Jan 20, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Why the hell can't you specify the exact amount you want to dismiss? What's up with that? For starters, you can only dismiss soldiers OR tanks in any two days and now, if you have more tanks than your soldiers your tank bill shoots through the roof, meaning you have to dismiss tanks first.

However, it's soldiers which make your people unhappy so you then have to wait the two days before you can dismiss them (unless you offload them in foreign aid). As a result, you end up with a fucked up nation whichever way you go.

I ended up losing one of my trades which decreased my soldier count. So I had more tanks than my soldiers could support. I ended up buying a bunch of soldiers to fix that, so that my bills wouldn't be so high. Only problem is, because I lost the trade and I hadn't paid bills for two days, I now didn't have enough cash to pay my bills. So I tried to get my trade back, which I did. Only to get the troop bonus which pushed my soldiers above what my population would support. So now my income has plummeted again and I can't dismiss the 500 soldiers I need to. The minimum I can lose is 2,000 which is going to mess my tank bill up again.

I would dump them in foreign aid to someone only as a result of all of this mess, I haven't paid my bills in 3 days menaing I can't send any offers. GRAH!

It's all unnecessarily complicated. The moral of the story though, is never get more than 50% of your population in soldiers and pay your bills every day.

2. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I foreign aid you money. You pay bills. You send me soldiers. You send me the money back. Everyone's happy.

(If you try to screw me I'll ban you!)

3. DarkUnderlord

Do you have $600,000 because that's how much I need to pay my bills today.

Actually, make that $50k. I forgot I haven't collected taxes today because of the reduced income but if I do, that's the difference I'd be short. It's only an issue if you can do that before update today though, otherwise afterwards I can just bite the bullet and collect taxes then and then give you a few thousand soldiers which you can dismiss if you want.

4. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Sorry. I only have 22,000.

Hope someone else can get the rest.

5. Silvara

Silvara New Member

You know, I was going to get a factory tomorrow...
    Oh well, it's just one more day. Here you go DU, 50k. Merry (late) Christmas for you, I guess.

6. DarkUnderlord

Awesome, thanks Silvara.

Now how's this mathboy. I'll give you a Foreign Aid offer after now which has 2,000 soldiers (the most I seem to be able to send). I'll throw in $8k as well for the inconvenience (as that's all the cash I have before I collect taxes again). As soon as you accept that, I can then collect taxes at my normal rate.

Then, in 10 days time, I can send Silvara $300k for the inconvenience (unless we find someone who's willing to have the money funnelled through them in the inteim). Does that sound fair to everyone?

EDIT: Had to re-work the numbers in that deal.

7. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Thanks, and my population seems to have gotten happier by helping you.

8. DarkUnderlord

Yes and my taxes collected per citizen shot up from $43.45 to $54.45 (or an extra $140,000 per day).

After update today I'll have $300,000 for Silvara if we can find another middle man to funnel it through (Let's make it $330,000 and the funnel man can keep $30k for the inconvenience). That'll take up all my aid slots but I'm not too worried about that. If I get attacked now, it's going to be with nukes anyway and all the foreign aid in the world isn't going to help me.

Now I can finally launch my attacks on soldiers of allah for today and try and ZI him, seeing as it won't let you fire missiles or launch aircraft if you haven't paid your bills for 3 days.
    • Your cruise missile attack against soldiers of allah was a success. soldiers of allah lost 0 defending tanks and 2.00 infrastructure.

Your cruise missile attack against soldiers of allah was a success. soldiers of allah lost 0 defending tanks and 1.00 infrastructure.

Defender Infrastructure Destroyed: 2.16

Defender Infrastructure Destroyed: 4.16

9. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

A question in connection of this: can foreign aid decrease population happiness ?

10. DarkUnderlord

Well, well, well... It looks like that stuff about dismissing soldiers or tanks once every two days isn't necessarily true. It looks like it might've been changed to once every day? I was just able to dismiss 2,000 troops even though previously it had said I have to wait 2 days and I only dismissed my tanks this morning.

While I'm here, my last attack on soldiers of allah:
    • Your cruise missile attack against soldiers of allah was a success. soldiers of allah lost 0 defending tanks and 1.00 infrastructure.

Your cruise missile attack against soldiers of allah was a success. soldiers of allah lost 0 defending tanks and 1.00 infrastructure.

Defender Infrastructure Destroyed: 0.16

Defender Infrastructure Destroyed: 0.18

... and now that I've replaced another one of my trades with one that gives me a trade colour bonus, I'm now at $55.87.

11. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

Is there really much point to CMs at this stage, DU? Looks like a waste of cash to me for those piddling results when a moderately good bombing run could easily take out five times that.

(Or are the second set of numbers your airborne results?)

12. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

just send me the money and I'll funnel them to silvara, keeping the 30k :lol:

13. DarkUnderlord

The second set are aircraft. As people get below about 20 infrastructure, your aircraft do less and less damage where-as CM's seem to always do a reliable 1. So it's only a problem when they have less to lose.

Done. You're in range of my nukes, so you better forward the $300k on. :)

14. wobbler

Oh crap... Well...hum...I'm happpily to anounce that the money has been sent to huh...Spuddy? oh shit...(No seriously, Silvara just has to accept them.)

15. DarkUnderlord

/Launches Nuclear Armageddon against Wobbler.

Oh, you were joking? Oh... Umm... So was I. Yessss...

16. wobbler

17. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

Dont you wish some people couldn't buy nukes Wobbler.....

18. wobbler

well, maybe sometimes, but then again, if i could decide, I would be the only one with nukes^^

19. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

Yes and if you didn't get rid of them, DU would nuke you!!!

20. wobbler

yea...thats the big prob with the plan, but I could launch em at him?:p

Our Host!