G'head! Ask me.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RPjunkie, Nov 17, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

Well, though I am American, I live in Prague, so I have a few more sentences than that, I hope. I know Czech is different, but I gambled (rightly) that you'd understand. Heh, maybe all those Poles on the forum did, too.

No, you're English isn't so bad. Heck, it's a lot better than my Czech (and Slovak - dakujem for the compliment). It's just that most Slavs have a problem with English word order, articles, and tenses. My Czech girlfriend, who speaks English very well, has many of the same problems you do.

EDIT: this "me" thing sure screws up any attempted discussion of grammar. Please, Jarinor, it's been long enough.

2. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Feel free to bitch about it here

3. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Cool, man. What kind of a restaurant do you work at?

4. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

It is a four star semi-formal restaurant that serves lunch and dinner Tuesday thru Friday. The food is worth way than you pay for it though. Tell me, what would you be willing to pay for this: 7-courses (dinner) including Amusee, Hors D'orvres, Intermezzo, Entree, Salad, Cheese course, and Dessert. At least that is to the best of my recollection-it has been 6 months since I worked the PM shift(I missed to much bath time and such). The five course is minus the cheese course and I forget what else.

At lunch one has the choice of the Sandwich du Jour(of the day), the Plat du Jour(plate of the day or Chef's plate/special) and both of these come with a choice of soup or salad. Then we have the Prix Fixe(fixed price/set menu) which is a four course meal consisting of Soup or Salad, Hors D'orvres, Entree, and Dessert. Each day one has the choice: of the soup, three salads(two cold, one hot done all month) or the Salad of the Day; two different hors d'orvres; four entrees; and three or four desserts.

I like my hours with the AM shift as we are done around 2 or 2:30 PM, compared to the between 9 and 10:30PM of the PM shift. We seat customers from 11:30AM to 1:00PM for lunch, and dinner seats from 5:30PM to 7:00PM. Lunch usually takes people about an hour(maybe hour and a half) to eat the Prix Fixe, so that even a table seated at 1:00 would likely have their last plates sent out at around 2:00. But with dinner, the average meal time is between 1.5 and 2.5hrs-meaning that a four top seated at 7:00(taking time to enjoy a bottle of wine or two) would probably have their last course sent out around 9:00 or 9:30!!!

passion I have in ample supplies, but it is dealing with the stress (physical and emotional) that catches up to you. Lets say that my "little snacks" at home are far from average and boring :)

5. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Hey you work in a restaurant too? Sounds like the one you work at is a lot re formal than the one at which i am employed. I basically work at a '50s gimmick style diner, the food is pretty good though. The craziest thing on the menu in my opinion is the:

"Breakfast Club Burger"

1/2 Pound Grade A beef patty.
    American Cheese
    lettuce
    tomato
    (and on top... <drum roll>)
    Ham
    Bacon,
    American Cheese,
    And a fried Egg over hard.

This thing is huge, I think of it as the cholesterol burger. The saddest thing about it is that people actually rder it for breakfast more often than they do at any other time.

Of course i am a fan of this burger as well. Though I am very good about not having one more than once a month...

6. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

actually Sleek, that burger sounds rather appetizing. Some ideas on new names for it: colonic canon, or heart stopper special! My little saying when something is greasier than a tractor axel but its good is:
    usually said after someone asks if what I'm eating good(as grease/fat drips from it.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, gotta love it

7. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Someone came in today and got a "3d burger" (a burger we have which has 3 burger patties on it(that makes a total pre-cooked weight of a pound and a half)) but he got it breakfast club style... That means he added ham, bacon, and 3 fried eggs...

I could hear him getting fatter as he ate it.

8. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

well, i love food so that burger only really, really, mouth-waterin good to me. think i would have to eat one at least once to say i did.

btw-my dinner tonight was rather spectacular, requiring much effort, blood, sweat, and tears to get it just right----------->bowl of cold cereal :lol:

9. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

I worked at Subway for about six months last spring, and there was one regular customer who had to wiegh at least three hundred and fifty pounds, and all of it fat. His "usual" was two foot-long Spicy Italians with double meat. A Spicy Italian has twelve slices of pepperoni and twelve of salami (the fact that they call it that offends me). So this walking fleshpot was eating twenty-four slices of fatty fake Italian deli meat in each sandwich. Do the math. And he always requested cheese and an excessive amount of mayonnaise. (I hate mayonnaise, as any good Italian should). I always wanted to ask the bastard if the two subs were just for him, or a family of four.

10. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Mayonaise courses through the veins of satan.

11. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Either mayo or perhaps Cheez Whiz...

12. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

My usuall at Subway(I love that place) used to be two footlongs. But now I'm down to a footlong, and the half a footlong my wife doesn't eat (plus scraps from the kids). Oh and a bag of chips too, plus some liquid to help it all slide down.

Of course I grew up on a farm and might now weigh a buck 75 soaking wet! And thats skinny at 6ft tall!!!

btw-someone remind in the future to post a pic of the shirt I won for eating massive quantities of food.

13. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Thats not skinny, thats emaciated.

<edit> whoops! I didnt get the "a buck 75" part, I thought you meant you eighed only 5 pounds. I was wondering how you're able to move at only 75 pounds and 6t tall, but now i understand...

14. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

175 at six foot? I weigh the same at 5'10"! My brother in law is six foot and weighs 160. Even though his upper body is somewhat bigger than mine (he's a soldier) he's got skinny legs from excessive running. My legs are huge, due to genetics and leg-pressing. I can put up at least 650 on the machine, but I can only bench 195. Anyway, so the quadriceps add alot of body weight.

15. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

Well, maybe not so mush skinny as not usual. I am able to consume vast amounts of food at one time.

We have this place called Taco Toro. They have a 3lb burrito-the Super Burrito. If you are able to eat everything (entire burrito) meaning anything that was originally the burrito-chees, sauce, lettuce, the works-then you recieve a shirt that has the restaurant name and says: 'I ate the Super Burrito." Guys get the shirt, and gals can get thier $ back. If you do not think that this is a difficult accomplishment then I dare you to take up my CHALLENGE: weigh out three pounds of meat, lettuce, other vegetables, and of course a tortilla. And eat it in one sitting!

btw - I hold the record for fastest time consuming that monstrosity: 23 minutes! [thank you]

16. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

I'll try it next time I'm home (staying at the dorms at the University right now).

Our Host!