Getting new schematics into proper places

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Anonymous, Oct 1, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone know a fool-proof way to get the game to place a new schematic where it needs to go? Simply adding new lines into the proper section of schematic.mes (i.e. : Vendigroth Padded Gloves into Smithy) doesn't seem to be any guarantee of correct placement. The forementioned example wound up in Herbology, and even relocating the entry (and renumbering) into other disciplines has failed to move it!

2. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

I have squandered many hours on this task.
    Guess what my conclusion was?
    It's hardcoded based on the item's description number.

I came to this conclusion based on this evidence:
    I took a smithy item proto.
    Copied the file and changed only the number of the proto.
    I then put the new proto number into the original schematic.
    The schematic ended up in the herbal discipline.
    However if I took a herbal schematic and made the product a pre-existing smithy item, the schematic now goes into the smithy tab.

So basically any schematics made by the user (unless they use pre-existing items as the product) will end up in herbal as default. I think this is why the Iron Clan key is in herbal. It was a later edition and they never went back and changed the master table.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That does make sense - although - as if to be contrary, the first three Smithy schematics I made were Create Dwarven Ore, Create Dwarven Steel, and Create Vendigroth Sheet Metal. These were placed into the Smithy section and numbered correctly. Those three went straight into the Smithy pages without problem, but when I tried to add Vendigroth Padded Gloves (Leather Gloves & Bandages), I kept getting it in the Herbology section. I even went as far as starting with a pre-existing schematic and changing the numbers, to no sucess.

As for the item's inventory number being the key factor, I did try changing both the first and second components and finally got a good result with Pure Ore and Dwarven Ore. Then it went into Smithy (but didn't stay). The moment I tried to change the item number to leather gloves, bandages, rags, or heavy rags, it jumped back into Herbology.

Leather gloves and heavy rags are considered armor by the game, but not the software for the schematics. Go figure.....

4. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

This doesn't seem contrary to me. Perhaps you misunderstood my previous post?

The Dwarven Ore already exists in the game in the smithy discipline. Therefore it should be on Troika's list as a smithy item.

Our Host!