Getting back into gaming.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Milo, Nov 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Langolier

Langolier Member

I used to be real big on gaming but nowadays I'm only into a few old games that I pick up and then put down constantly. Namely those being Arcanum, the Resident Evil Outbreak series, and the classic Command & Conquer games. I think that playing Final Fantasy XI killed my interest in single player Final Fantasy games and it definetly put me off from ever trying any online RPG's. Also, a lot of the new games coming out nowadays just don't appeal to me anymore. Even sequels to my favorite series don't get me very excited. Mostly I think it's because the series have changed so much that the things about them that I loved are gone.

Ofcourse, recently I decided that it would probably be better for me to get a social life anyway, so this is a good thing.

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

3. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

Lord of the rings the battle for middle earth 2, Arcanum and Cyber nations

4. Maximus

Maximus New Member

I've been put off of my computer games after two disasterous sequels, Age of Empires III and Caesar IV. I was so happy two of my favorite games were producing a sequel, and they went and changed to engine.

Now I'm playing a handful of online games: Cybernations, Pardus, and Urban Undead.

5. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Urbandead? I played that for a while, but I gave up when I realized there were humans allowing the zombies to get into the safe houses.
    Oh, and I was barricaded out of a safehouse I discovered.

6. Maximus

Maximus New Member

I just got killed because someone thought it would be funny to over-barricade all the buildings. :/

7. reQuieM

reQuieM New Member

I'm currently trying to play Neverwinter Nights 2, but my graphics card doesn't seem to agree.

Other than that, I'm still hooked to Warcraft 3, even though I hate the bloody game! (This is what I spend most of my day on :-( )

And I'm actually really enjoying CyberNations :D . Too bad it only takes away 20 minutes of the day...

8. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Sometimes not even more than 20 seconds. Heck, all my trade slots are filled, and my one objective in life is to purchase more infrastructure so I can get more improvements. Log in, collect taxes, pay bills, make purchases, log out. Rinse and repeat.

9. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Its so simple but its so addictive, its all Xz's fault for finding it in the first place.

10. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

I'm playing NFS: Most wanted, Resident Evil 4, and San Andreas. And I still haven't broken my Sims addiction (the first one, not the second one). I also occationally boot up arcanum or it's world editor after browsing this forum, something about this place makes me nostalgic.

The breakdown goes like this; NFS, RE4 and GTA get rougly 15% of my gaming time each. I usually play them every other weeknight after I get home from work, when I only have a couple hours. Arcanum I do on weekends, usually a saturday, for about three to four hours. giving it 25% timeshare. The Sims I play any day I'm not playing something else, though it and Arcanum generally drop off my list for a few weeks when something new comes out.

Of course i expect all this to change once Bioshock and Supreme Commander are released...

11. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

12. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Yep.

Have they announced a release date yet? I've been waiting over a year now! Growing impatient.

13. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

Bioshock? I've read about it and seen a few pictures from the game. I like the concept and it looks beautiful, cosy and a little bit odd at the same time.
    I haven't play TA (Total Annihilation) but I've seen opther play it and most of the say it's one of the best RTS ever made. It looks like Supreme Comander won't disappoint any of the TA fans and will probably steal fans from other games. The only quiestions is: Will the computer survive it?

14. Grossenschwamm

I had the opportunity to install Divine Divinity onto my computer while I was in Indiana, but I skipped it cause the guy wouldn't sell me the game, and I don't feel like making a CD image with Alcohol.

15. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

Divine Divinity is pretty neat except for random crashes. Unfortunately, a bug prevented me from completing the game, but I enjoyed it up to that point.

I forgot about Spore - how'd that happen? Maybe my brain is incapable of proccessing so much excellence at once.

16. Grossenschwamm

Well, I think Spore is oneof those things that you don't think about until someone else brings it up. There's so little hype about this game that I almost forgot about it myself.
    That being said, it'll be very hard to be disappointed with the final product.

Our Host!