General Arcanum Discussion

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by DarkUnderlord, Nov 23, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Do we need Yet Another Forumâ„¢

1. Yay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

2. Quethim

Quethim New Member

Honestly, is it needed? I mean, no one even talks about the game anymore....they may need help with it and stuff....but that's what the "Hints and Tips," are for.

Nothing new is ever happening with Arcanum (except flaming of Virgil) and people are not nearly as interested as they were before. It's over two years old, most people are bored of it and just use this forum because people are cool around here and it's a great place to hang.

But that's just my oppinion about it, but I'm sure there will be maybe five threads in there in about one month or so.

3. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

Do we need a forum for general Arcanum Discussion?

In my opinion yes.

4. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

5. Silvara

Silvara New Member

I agree too. There is still an interest in discussing the game, and there are some threads already which could go to the topic.

6. Quethim

Quethim New Member

Seriously, is it needed? Everything that has ever been needed to be said about Arcanum has all ready been said...

Eh, course, the lots of you who want the forum, haven't been here this long to know about all of those threads that have been created in the far past (say...around the time when the game came out :p) and so you never had a chance to post your oppinion in those threads. Heh...

That's also a lot of work for the mods...they would have to move a lot of the threas from the General Discussion over....course, that's A LOT of threads and I don't think they would want to do that....

7. DarkUnderlord

Okay, we'll have a trial run. The forum is open for business and the two aforementioned topics have been moved there. No-one here is about to do a forum trawl looking for all the old stuff in GD that's Arcanum General stuff, but from now on, Arcanum stuff will go in the Arcnaum Discussion forum.

We'll see how it goes. If after a couple of months there've been just no new posts what-so-ever, then hey, we can remove the forum and put all the threads in GD.

Hmmm... Maybe I won't move the one about Nasrudin being human.

8. Settler

Settler Member

Threads like that never cease to amaze me by thriving for more than a few days...

9. Xz

woohoo, the forum is open.

my ideas gets through

10. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

I voted, "Nay." I'm with Quethim on this one. I really don't think that a general Arcanum discussion forum will get much use but we'll see how it does in the trial run. I was going to point out that the "Arronax and Nasrudin" thread turns into a scientific discussion after the first page, but I think that DU spotted that. It looks to me like more people voted than participated in this thread. Are any of you double-voting??

Oh, DU, severely is spelled just as I have spelled it. You spelled it "severly" on the forum index. I'm not trying to be a correction freak, just trying to make the site look better. Not that it looks bad or needs much improvement but that would make it just that much groovier, don't you think??

11. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

12. Settler

Settler Member

13. DarkUnderlord

You can't double-vote. Chances are it's people who are reading the thread, vote but don't post anything.

Fixedeth.

Groovy++

14. Silvara

Silvara New Member

15. Quethim

Quethim New Member

I think most of the newbie members who have just recently purchased Arcanum are the ones who voted "yay" :p

16. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Well, so what? They're the ones who do have something to post it that forum.

17. Xz

i voted yay, and i have had the game for 1 1/2 year

Our Host!