Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xento, Jul 5, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Twilight'sHammer

Twilight'sHammer New Member

Meh, that doesn't amaze me... I just can't stand DotD... he bugs the fuck outta me. Once I successfully deal with the issues that are currently... present... at Chaos Inn, I'll be outta your guys's hair pretty much completely. I do know what constitues a waste of a post, and simply making a post that does nothing but corrects the spells errors of someone who *obviously* has a problem with the english language is a waste of time. If he'd gone on to make a point about the topic I'd've been fine, but simply making a post about spelling errors is simply stupid. Oh, and Jar, I must say that I whole-heartedly agree with your post. I'm afraid I can't comment further on it, because you truly've said everything there is to be said.

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

According to my rules, it's important to write proper and correct English. Thus, I support anyone who makes corrections of other people's posts, even if that's the only thing they do post. Why? Because it has served a purpose, and they've already done what I was going to do, so they've saved me time and effort.

3. mathboy

mathboy New Member

and here in Sweden, I think it looks like death commented on patriotism too in his post, and xento just corrected the spelling (not that there's anything wrong with it)

4. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Har Svergie samme "partnerskaps-ordning" som Norge eller har dere et annet system?

I think it is funny that people are so bothered with it having to be called marriage, why don't just call it Partnership and be done with it?
    In norway if you are gay and want to marry you don't "marry" make a partnership, you get the same rights, it is not just called a marriage. What is the problem about that? It is going to be called marriage in 20-30 years anyway.

5. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

It's not so much the name that people argue against, it's the conferring of rights. If a "Partnership" or "Marriage" between two people of the same sex is recognised in law, they have the same rights as any other married couple. It might not seem important to younger people, but believe me, old people will bitch heavily about who has to pay inheritence tax, etc.

6. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I think we have the same system, atleast I belive it's called partnerskap here too, I'm not really into the gay-laws.

7. Settler

Settler Member

Xento, lay off Chuck. Matt, you surrendered any right to justly whine about ANYONE else on the boards after you...came into being.

Cheerie-bye

8. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Yep, gay marriages in a christian church is kinda excluded...

9. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Why, my last pastor was a lesbian? I'm a methodist, she wasn't allowed to get up in front of the church and scream, "Hey, I'm a dike!", she couldn't come forward. But it was pretty well known and no one really had a problem with it. Now they sent this Korea vet baptist from Georgia up here, the guy's a total douche.

10. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    How come she wasn't put to death? I mean, the book that her faith is based upon doesn't really hold a compassionate view on those matters... or am I just a dumbass with no real understanding of theological questions because I don't believe?

11. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

The latter, Dark Elf. Though I don't think you're a dumbass. Just......ignorant. In that respect, at most. You don't really think that homosexuals are to be put to death, according to the Bible, do you?

The Bible also teaches us not to judge, and to be compassionate.

Anyway, about the gay marriage. I think that it, just like abortion, should not be a political issue. It's a cultural one, not political.

12. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Well no, the bible isn't very nice to homosexuals, but the practice is alot more liberal. I've had a falling out with methodism since that stupid bastard came.
    The way I divide up christianity, there's the book, the teachings of christ, and the practice.
    The book is a horrid piece of literature, living by it would revert our civilization further back that the stone age.
    Jesus, he was a decent guy. His ideas are pretty solid. Don't bitch too much. Be thankful for what you have. Love each other. And pass the dutch to the left-hand side.
    The practice. Wow. People haven't gotten an idea this wrong since they said the earth must be flat because if it wasn't we would all roll off.

13. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Which is why Dogma is one of my favourite movies.

14. Settler

Settler Member

I've never seen the movie, but the Jesus statue was by wallpaper for months :).

15. DEATH AT THE DOOR

DEATH AT THE DOOR New Member

ROFLMAO! Yes, Kevin Smith outshone himself with that statue!

Still Mallrats is my fav K. Smith movie.

16. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Slowly drifting more off topic.... Can't resist..... Must...go....towards....the movie rant..... Gaaaaah!

17. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Same sex marriage isnot the biggest threat to marriager. The two biggest threat to marriage in America is adulately and no fault divorce laws.

It than preacher try to preach against adulatery he or she will have touble with her church member many of whom have extramarriage affair. Divorce laws are state affair not federal government affair and all the woman liberate will raise holy hell if the states try to end no fault divorce law.

18. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

huh?

well i guess we aren't being sucked into the movie topic...

19. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

My problem with marage is what busness does the state have in it at all?

It started as a simple union, then religon got added somewhere, probably well before we could write, and we had marage. Somewhere allong the way we got marrage licences, and the state got involved.

Let's seperate this whole thing out. Lets have marage, what people do when they are in love, under presure, or simply want an excuse for a party. Then let's have civil registration, where any coupple can regester as united for insurance, leagal, and any other reason. Except perhaps boinking domestic animals.

"I'm a Christian, pure'n'true... well, actually, I'm probably going to become a Latter Day Saint"

Do you realize that the large majority of Christians consider the LDSs to be not christians? Amusingly enough the archeological work that the LDS church is funding in an atempt to prove the the Book of Mormon is based on fact is proving quite the oppsite.

20. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

The Mormons have built a rather ostentatious church here in Brisbane. There's a huge, gold statue of Gabriel (for some reason I've got this feeling it's worth about $2 million) on top of it, and you can see it from ages away...because at night all these floodlights come on, making the whole church impossible to miss. They've also got a pretty prominent location just outside the CBD at Kangaroo Point. Something tells me the whole church doesn't conform to Christian ideas very well at all...

Our Host!